All things Dundee FC

Ive just watched McPakes interview on DeeTV.

Very little eye contact with the interviewer, or looking into the camera, his eyes and face were all over the place, he was squirming badly, and looked incredibly uneasy. Had the look of a bairn that had just received a bollicking from his dad, and was bubbling a minute ago.

His points were pathetic, I don't think he understands that he is the manager, and therefor responsible for the issues, He says teams are happy to let us pass the ball about in defence, then hit us on the counter, absolutely no shit Sherlock, fans have been saying that since day one. Says we started well for ten minutes and created chances, then dropped back, again, no shit, fans said that online, and at the game. He just doesn't have it sadly.

A Dick Campbell team, a December game with the conditions that this entails, and a game at Gayfield, god help us next week.

3 hours ago, srw said:

Ive just watched McPakes interview on DeeTV.

Very little eye contact with the interviewer, or looking into the camera, his eyes and face were all over the place, he was squirming badly, and looked incredibly uneasy. Had the look of a bairn that had just received a bollicking from his dad, and was bubbling a minute ago.

His points were pathetic, I don't think he understands that he is the manager, and therefor responsible for the issues, He says teams are happy to let us pass the ball about in defence, then hit us on the counter, absolutely no shit Sherlock, fans have been saying that since day one. Says we started well for ten minutes and created chances, then dropped back, again, no shit, fans said that online, and at the game. He just doesn't have it sadly.

A Dick Campbell team, a December game with the conditions that this entails, and a game at Gayfield, god help us next week.

I'm actually tempted to stick Arbroath on at -1 next week. Unless something drastically changes (hopefully the fucking manager), a baltic and doubtless windy as f**k Gayfield will see us utterly shite it.

Also, I trust we are all fully aware that Nelms will sit on his hands as usual, watch us stumble through December and the January window, before finally emptying McPake sometime in March when the baw's totally burst and we're in 6th place. Nelms is the central factor in our travails in the last 2-3 years. He's made a series of woeful appointments and failed to act quickly enough to remedy any of them.

When McPake does eventually get his jotters, can Strachan not completely oversee the football side? I realise Nelms has to be involved but surely to f**k he can be left to deal with the commercial operation and leave the football business to someone who actually fucking knows something about it. 

I know it would be seen as a joke appointment but i would have had him at United after each of the least three managers.

The thing about a McNamara or McKinnon or Hartley or anyone else with a meteoric rise is you never see what they are like in adversity and if they can turn it around.

Especially in a league like this you can overthink things when a man who can organise a team and play players in their position is enough.

Anyway i hope you go for some cheap terrible option like McGowan or Barry Smith.

I know it would be seen as a joke appointment but i would have had him at United after each of the least three managers.
The thing about a McNamara or McKinnon or Hartley or anyone else with a meteoric rise is you never see what they are like in adversity and if they can turn it around.
Especially in a league like this you can overthink things when a man who can organise a team and play players in their position is enough.
Anyway i hope you go for some cheap terrible option like McGowan or Barry Smith.

Gowser as manager - now you’re talking. I’m in.