All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Wont watch that, but it'll be fine margins, etc, etc. Get to f**k mcpake

To be fair to McPake, he was fairly ruthless. Said that if it weren't for Jack Hamilton that result (or scoreline rather) would have been a whole lot worse. Said that if we'd got a draw it wouldn't have even began to paper over the cracks of today's performance.

Goes on to say that the style of play and formation has been found out and he's going to revamp it.

He finally mentions that Arbroath's management team were watching us in prep for next week and they'll be excited at playing us now based on today.

To give McPake his due, he's said all the right things in his DeeTv post match interview but we'll no doubt line up the same way again next week. Finally, I get the feeling that it's all good saying that but it's a case of too little, too late.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair to McPake, he was fairly ruthless. Said that if it weren't for Jack Hamilton that result (or scoreline rather) would have been a whole lot worse. Said that if we'd got a draw it wouldn't have even began to paper over the cracks of today's performance.

Goes on to say that the style of play and formation has been found out and he's going to revamp it.

He finally mentions that Arbroath's management team were watching us in prep for next week and they'll be excited at playing us now based on today.

To give McPake his due, he's said all the right things in his DeeTv post match interview but we'll no doubt line up the same way again next week. Finally, I get the feeling that it's all good saying that but it's a case of too little, too late.

Couldn't give a f**k what he says now. Only thing I want to hear about him is his sacking or resignation. The players dont respect him and to be brutally honest neither do I. 

For what it’s worth I 100% don’t believe that he’s lost the dressing room. It’s worth remembering that he’s a former team mate with most of these players and probably has a pretty good relationship with them. Tactically it’s just a bit of a clusterfuck and nobody (player and manager) really has any plan of what we should be doing.

13 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Couldn't give a f**k what he says now. Only thing I want to hear about him is his sacking or resignation. The players dont respect him and to be brutally honest neither do I. 

See this is what I don't get... why do football managers lose respect as a human or club servant if they're shit at their job? It's not like he's trying to be shite, he's no doubt giving absolutely everything. I hope we now punt him but don't think he's quite worthy of personal insults that managers tend to get thrown in their direction for just not being up to the task.

For what it's worth, he has my total sympathy. Put into a ridiculous position by Nelms. Nelms has arguably broken several management careers before they even got a chance to learn the ropes in giving McCann and McPake the job. 

Eta: Sorry Juan, not totally directed at you just something that gets on my tits!

Edited by Ludo*1

Great goal today by Johnson.  Usually McPake brings him on about the 60 - 65 minute mark and expects him to score in that short time. Today McPake was forced to bring him on  earlier due to an injury.  

Imagine what may happen if Johnston got a regular game?  Actually, don’t bother.  Pretty sure it will be Hemmings up front in his own with McDaid failing to get a decent cross in all game as usual.

McPake could easily have lost the dressing room.  A leader by example when he was a player?  100% yes.   The players are not fools though.  They must see he doesn’t know what he is doing.

Just about every player wants to turn back on himself every game instead of looking for a forward pass.  What do they practice in training?  

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

See this is what I don't get... why do football managers lose respect as a human or club servant if they're shit at their job? It's not like he's trying to be shite, he's no doubt giving absolutely everything. I hope we now punt him but don't think he's quite worthy of personal insults that managers tend to get thrown in their direction for just not being up to the task.

For what it's worth, he has my total sympathy. Put into a ridiculous position by Nelms. Nelms has arguably broken several management careers before they even got a chance to learn the ropes in giving McCann and McPake the job. 

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Great goal today by Johnson.  Usually McPake brings him on about the 60 - 65 minute mark and expects him to score in that short time. Today McPake was forced to bring him on  earlier due to an injury.  

Imagine what may happen if Johnston got a regular game?  Actually, don’t bother.  Pretty sure it will be Hemmings up front in his own with McDaid failing to get a decent cross in all game as usual.

McPake could easily have lost the dressing room.  A leader by example when he was a player?  100% yes.   The players are not fools though.  They must see he doesn’t know what he is doing.

Just about every player wants to turn back on himself every game instead of looking for a forward pass.  What do they practice in training?  

Marvin bartley says last night on a view from the terrace that players know within the first training session if a manager is up to the task or not and in thinking our players have known this for a long time now

7 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Marvin bartley says last night on a view from the terrace that players know within the first training session if a manager is up to the task or not and in thinking our players have known this for a long time now

To be fair there are a few of us on here that have known for a long time McPake doesn’t have what it takes.  It’s just taken others on here a while to catch up.  

I’ve absolutely no idea how long it will take Nelms to catch up though.

Edited by Shadow Play

Just now, Shadow Play said:

To be fair there are a few of us on here that have known it for a long time McPake doesn’t have what it takes.  It’s just taken others on here a while to catch up.  

I’ve absolutely no idea how long it will take Nelms to catch up though.

Normally a 7-8 game losing streak going by Hartley McCann and McIntyre 

22 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

For what it’s worth I 100% don’t believe that he’s lost the dressing room. It’s worth remembering that he’s a former team mate with most of these players and probably has a pretty good relationship with them. Tactically it’s just a bit of a clusterfuck and nobody (player and manager) really has any plan of what we should be doing.

Hes 100% lost it in my opinion and its because some of the players are ex team mates. It's the ones that arent that will feel aggrieved because hes playing his mates

15 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

It's the ones that arent that will feel aggrieved because hes playing his mates

McIntyre, McCann, Hartley and every manager ever is guilty of that one. The good ones realise you lose games when you do that though.

I wouldn't be opposed to the return of Hartley. Wouldn't be opposed to 90% of the usual suspects at this point either.

Miss Hazard and his inability to kick outfield already. The Hibs reject is welcome to go home and Forster can just plain f**k off.

Edited by Crawford

Hes 100% lost it in my opinion and its because some of the players are ex team mates. It's the ones that arent that will feel aggrieved because hes playing his mates

Nah, it’s just a lazy argument when a team is performing shite that “the managers lost the dressing room”. It’s actually something that very rarely happens in football but we see fans saying it all the time. He’s just not a very good manager but I have no doubt that the players are trying for him.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not gonna lie, I'd happily wheel Jocky in off the golf course. Expect pelters for that but mon the Jocky.

Mate, Eh'm only sayin it half in jest masel. He couldna really dae much worse than the shite we've seen fae mcpake, mccann, and the last 2 seasons of Hartley... 

f**k it! How no?