All things Dundee FC

The Comical Alis seem to be thinner on the ground than they were 2 weeks ago, and I should say that I, like everyone else on here, hoped the appointment would work out.

Turn it round for a moment though, and think what you'd have been saying if McPake had gone from youth coach at Dens and suddenly been successful in landing any other managerial job in The Championship.

You all know that while wishing him all the best you would have found their recruitment process sadly lacking.

Imagine United had appointed James McPake from being youth coach at Dundee, makes it all the more ludicrous.

I'm not getting at McPake, I'm getting at Nelms who has yet again made an arse of it, and, if he performs to type will let this run until the atmosphere is so rotten that the season will be beyond saving.

28 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Fucking state of you lot emoji23.png

Do you recognise him, 1967-dundee-jim-mclean-bjnprt.thumb.jpg.8d0013a90bfb88e6f51060938f0b7a10.jpg    I thought not!!   Answers on a postcard Dab-boy/man-child, or check Google if you really must.

Off you pop to bed now, getting late soft-lad, IQ83.

Regards

Edited by This Charming Man

2 hours ago, dd23 said:

The Comical Alis seem to be thinner on the ground than they were 2 weeks ago, and I should say that I, like everyone else on here, hoped the appointment would work out.

Turn it round for a moment though, and think what you'd have been saying if McPake had gone from youth coach at Dens and suddenly been successful in landing any other managerial job in The Championship.

You all know that while wishing him all the best you would have found their recruitment process sadly lacking.

Imagine United had appointed James McPake from being youth coach at Dundee, makes it all the more ludicrous.

I'm not getting at McPake, I'm getting at Nelms who has yet again made an arse of it, and, if he performs to type will let this run until the atmosphere is so rotten that the season will be beyond saving.

Iirc the initial advert for the job confirmed that only experienced mangers need apply.

Was utterly bemused (and delighted tbf) when Mcpake was appointed, completely contrary to this minimum requirement.

Appreciate he has been a good servant to Dundee, but there is f**k all room for sentiment in this league.....

21 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Iirc the initial advert for the job confirmed that only experienced mangers need apply.

Was utterly bemused (and delighted tbf) when Mcpake was appointed, completely contrary to this minimum requirement.

That was for the McIntyre appointment, I'm sure. 

Hardly matters really though does it?

When it's so easy for your rivals to point out the ludicrous nature of an appointment the initial job description or when it applied to is splitting hairs

McPake was a decent servant to the club, but as a player was hardly Jim Duffy.
The nature and timing of his injury was and is difficult to talk about.

He went flying into an ill advised tackle and the nature of the pitch and his physical condition resulted in the horrific injury suffered

The club stood by him, all of that is laudable.

What is not laudable is promoting someone beyond their abilities too soon, thereby ruining the club's short term prospects and the short and long term prospects of the employee.

Again in not having a go at McPake, I'm having a go at whoever appointed him.
What would have been the reaction if we'd appointed United's youth coach?

That was for the McIntyre appointment, I'm sure. 

I dont think sacking mcpake is the right to do, you need to remember this a whole new team and they have still not gelled together yet, okay we don't play the best of football but if you think getting a new manager in is the way forward then i disagree, let him see this season out and then let him build again in the summer when he has a base of a team to work with then add more quality, if we keep sacking managers there will just be constant overhaul of players each season i think he deserves time you can't get success overnight

1 hour ago, dd23 said:

Hardly matters really though does it?

When it's so easy for your rivals to point out the ludicrous nature of an appointment the initial job description or when it applied to is splitting hairs

McPake was a decent servant to the club, but as a player was hardly Jim Duffy.
The nature and timing of his injury was and is difficult to talk about.

He went flying into an ill advised tackle and the nature of the pitch and his physical condition resulted in the horrific injury suffered

The club stood by him, all of that is laudable.

What is not laudable is promoting someone beyond their abilities too soon, thereby ruining the club's short term prospects and the short and long term prospects of the employee.

Again in not having a go at McPake, I'm having a go at whoever appointed him.
What would have been the reaction if we'd appointed United's youth coach?

Hard to argue with any of this.

Only Nelms to blame, imo. Terrible track record but he’s got free-reign so will be this way for a while, like it or not (sadly). Best we can hope for is a lucky streak of fluke wins to carry us to the (promotion) play-offs, completely reliant on other teams being marginally shiter than us.

A real shame, given the quality of some players in the squad. Sadly, McPake is going nowhere, literally and metaphorically. 

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

2 hours ago, truedee93 said:

I dont think sacking mcpake is the right to do, you need to remember this a whole new team and they have still not gelled together yet, okay we don't play the best of football but if you think getting a new manager in is the way forward then i disagree, let him see this season out and then let him build again in the summer when he has a base of a team to work with then add more quality, if we keep sacking managers there will just be constant overhaul of players each season i think he deserves time you can't get success overnight

This season is absolutely utterly fcked beyond belief, yet you want to allow him to fck next season as well. 

We sack him, and soon, get a competent manager in, he has the remainder of this season to get things right, and we go into next season ready. *

Not solely aimed at anyone, but continuing with an abject failure for continuity’s sake would be ridiculed in any walk of life except football. 

* Nelms would fck the next appointment up as well most likely.