All things Dundee FC

Looking at my team of the decade, and some here's my team of the last 15 year (So as not to include Bonettie era):

Rab Douglas

Eric Paton  Milan Palenik  James McPake Matt Lockwood

Nicky Riley Barry Smith Kevin Thomson Gary Harkins Greg Stewart

Kane Hemmings

Subs:

Ludovic Roy

Rhys Weston

Thomas Konrad

Gary Irvine

Kevin McDonald

Leigh Griffiths

Bound to be a few complete obvious ones I'm missing. Picked who I thought were best for us as opposed to the best player as naturally, the likes of LG would displace Hemmings. Bain better than Roy but favouritism plays a part too.

Only 14 games played and we are 12 points behind a United side that have had one or two bad results this season already and who at times have been far from convincing.  McPake has shown time and time again that he cannot change things when required and there is little to suggest he can make the improvements necessary, even at this level. 

McPake is absolutely out of his depth.  Do I blame him?  Not really.  He was never going to turn down the chance of managing Dundee. Once again Nelms has shown that he is even further out his depth than McPake when it comes to footballing decisions.

To the fans that defended Hartley and McCann (only Nelms ever thought McIntyre was a good appointment) for far too long, please do not make the same mistake again.  Time to see McPake will not take this club forward as a manager. 

All just my opinion of course.  I appreciate others may see it differently, although I can’t for the life of me see why.

Edited by Shadow Play

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Taxi for McPake.
Thank you.

Current "Report Card",  21 points from a possible 42, not even remotely pass marks imho, negative goal difference and a third of the campaign was completed two games ago!!

18 league goals scored in 14 games with the potential fire-power we currently possess. However cast your minds back to July, virtually everyone on here, myself included, was highlighting the requirement of a central midfield play-maker to no avail. 

Playing one up front constantly is likened to a child having newly unwrapped their new FIFA game at Christmas. 

James McPake has been hung out to dry by Nelms inability to make the correct choice of appointment, at the third time of asking. 

Major decisions have to be made again, or this season will result in even further embarrassment.

Best regards

Current "Report Card",  21 points from a possible 42, not even remotely pass marks imho, negative goal difference and a third of the campaign was completed two games ago!!

18 league goals scored in 14 games with the potential fire-power we currently possess. However cast your minds back to July, virtually everyone on here, myself included, was highlighting the requirement of a central midfield play-maker to no avail. 

Playing one up front constantly is likened to a child having newly unwrapped their new FIFA game at Christmas. 

James McPake has been hung out to dry by Nelms inability to make the correct choice of appointment, at the third time of asking. 

Major decisions have to be made again, or this season will result in even further embarrassment.

Best regards

I'd agree with this.

Nelms hasnt a clue and sadly be a good few players who have been signed on fairly big wages who haven't helped the cause.

Would they do better however under a different manager? Would like to think so.

Can get Nicholl to f**k also. Clearly isnt helping out mcpake or contributing anything worthwhile as the tactics and substitutions that mcpake makes are brutal .

At start at season I said a play off position be fine however at least some decent football or somebody who has a clue wouldn't go a miss

20 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Nelms has a lot to answer for, certainly. McPake hasn't been hung out to dry though - he applied for the job. He's been backed well. This is on him. 

25 minutes ago, Dele said:

Nelms has a lot to answer for, certainly. McPake hasn't been hung out to dry though - he applied for the job. He's been backed well. This is on him. 

I agree totally Dele my man, only though with the highlighted section above.

However the company CEO should not be giving carte blanche control of a coveted contract to the site apprentice when no other skilled professionals are, or were available.

No disrespect intended to James McPake, however if he was the top qualified candidate, we really should be concerned, considering Nelm's comments at the time regarding the volume and high quality of candidate interest in the vacancy.

Best regards as always