All things Dundee FC

31 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
49 minutes ago, K.T said:
Wish we would get this army pish away to f**k.

Yup I agree. A lot of shite. I like the colour red and dont mind it on the top but the men on it is shite.

Tbf I think it's far more tasteful that the previous efforts. I could do without the soldiers on it probably but compared to that fucking eagle last season I don't mind it near as much.  I really like the shirt.

Tbf I think it's far more tasteful that the previous efforts. I could do without the soldiers on it probably but compared to that fucking eagle last season I don't mind it near as much.  I really like the shirt.
If they didnt have the soldiers on it I'd give it a pass mark. However it's a no from me

Yup I agree. A lot of shite. I like the colour red and dont mind it on the top but the men on it is shite.

I don’t see what the army has to do with football or Dundee. If they want to do something for a worthy cause, then pick a local charity. These strips are a minter. Surprised it doesn’t have “born to serve” stitched onto the back of the shirt instead.

Just now, K.T said:

I don’t see what the army has to do with football or Dundee. If they want to do something for a worthy cause, then pick a local charity. These strips are a minter. Surprised it doesn’t have “born to serve” stitched onto the back of the shirt instead.

We done it for Maggie's. Folk gret at the club "We duhnay play in pink ffs!". 

The club will never win. Any charity is better than nothing. 

2 minutes ago, K.T said:

The owners are American, and honouring soldiers and veterans is something they do constantly, so of course they will work with SSAFA. I honestly expected it to be way worse for the symbolic shit, but it's not too distracting. I won't pretend I wouldn't prefer it not being on there, because I do still think it's distracting, but you can't deny it's a lovely looking kit aside from that.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
2 hours ago, K.T said:
Wish we would get this army pish away to f**k.

Without the men it's a very smart top imo, looks a bit tacky with it. 

1 hour ago, K.T said:

I worked up at the recruiting centre in Dundee, I might be wrong but it wasn't long after the American owners had came in and one of the first things they did was branch out into the local military units to integrate with them, they seemed to find it mental that the sport/football club didn't have closer ties with the local military units. Very much an American thing. 

Was it not the Scots Dragon Guards the last kit was about? My Dad was in the black watch and finds the badge pretty cool, I doubt it'll sell well though. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I worked up at the recruiting centre in Dundee, I might be wrong but it wasn't long after the American owners had came in and one of the first things they did was branch out into the local military units to integrate with them...

Not too local, considering the photos were taken in Perth...

Generic red Macron top that probably costs a fiver with a barely visibly unique design along the bottom, probably charging about £50 for it too.

Mental.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not too local, considering the photos were taken in Perth...

Generic red Macron top that probably costs a fiver with a barely visibly unique design along the bottom, probably charging about £50 for it too.

Mental.

Dundee falls in the "catchment" area of the Black Watch I'm sure, along with Fife and Perthshire. 

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

image.thumb.png.860c634559af0b643aef4a347fb2068f.png

Related image

image.png.7ca182a2d3bb6b3ee38bee024a0d7665.png

Image result for shrug

Blame BLK for that one, tbf, they promised us new strips, then folded the entire company about a week before we were meant to start the season :lol: just got the cheapest, easiest to get, blue top going, as shown by the old style Macron badge.

Steve Broon has always been a money grabbing c**t aswell.