All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Once again, your season is mirroring ours in all the bad ways.

McPake seems uninspiring and you have a better squad than what we seen on Friday night. Yous dump him and we'll dump McKinnon at the same time right?

Only if you take Nelson. 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Several heads gone moments going on at once here. I feel bad for the people who can't deal with the fact that United are a more complete team, given the fact they've had longer to gel and form an identity, and have an established playing style. We need a bit more diversity no doubt, and I have a feeling we will be seeing it soon, but it's unfair to ignore all success the style of play we've played has had just because you're mad at losing the derby. 2nd place in a competitive league like this is a good achievement for a brand new team that's only just started working together.

Also, to think people still believe Forster has still been the weak link in recent weeks is laughable, he's honestly been one of our most consistent players of late. I personally don't get why McPake insists on playing Nelson and Mackie in a position a player like Todd is more suited to. Think with wee McPake leaving we could do with another experienced winger in Jan.

Would personally like to see another crack at a 442 with Johnson and Hemmings up front, but you can't deny that the 4231 had been working well until Friday,though McPake defo should've changed his style for that game.

The only acceptable finish to this season is promotion. You say you are happy but want the same as people voicing their concerns, a change in formation/tactics. 1 league game we’ve set up with the 2 wide players high up the park and had a go at a team. We came away with our best performance and highest league win of the season so far. Next game the 2 wingers are deep again and playing on the opposite wings, makes no sense at all. The performances aren’t  up to the required standard so far and on top of being 5/6 points behind where we should be has to be unacceptable. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

“On record”. As a concerned United fan, any chance you could provide me and others with this information?

Also, I know our losses last year were significant but it is also worrying to hear of “projected similar losses”. Again, if you could forward the details of that on to us that would be appreciated.

It was in the same interview that Mark said he was “planning on sticking around“.

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Let's address a positive then, from our point of view anyway.

Lawrence Shankland will be gone come January.  Already Celtic, Nottingham Forest and Stoke City are on record as being in the market for a goalscorer in the transfer window.

Without forgetting United's financial meltdown of last season, some very concerned set of eyes will be firmly fixed on their current projected similar losses. Signed for nowt, he'll doubtless have inserted a release clause.

Our main concern is how to utilise best the resources we currently have and then bolster that come January. 

Best regards 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

“On record”. As a concerned United fan, any chance you could provide me and others with this information?

Also, I know our losses last year were significant but it is also worrying to hear of “projected similar losses”. Again, if you could forward the details of that on to us that would be appreciated.

Sorry for the delay Stumigoo, family life and all that.

Simply Google Lawrence Shankland and you'll see all the links highlighting other clubs currently interested in his special talent.

In addition to the ones highlighted earlier you can now also add Swansea City and Rangers.

Regarding Stoke City, they are struggling to spend their money due to legislation restrictions following relegation. Having agreed a deal for Dwight Gayle on transfer deadline day they could not proceed due to these reasons. Now, with their new manager Michael O'Neill, and Jimmy Nicholl being his international no.2, do you really think they wouldn't have noticed Shanklands' goal scoring exploits. What is stated and on record is a goal scoring striker is their top January priority.

Now, on the other subject, my personal profession does not lie in the financial sector, however having posted a loss in 2018 of £1,618,993 (which was reduced by £1.4m in sell on fees) and then the 2019 figure of £3,759,220 I think we can safely see a projected substantial negative financial pattern emerging.

Anyway, I hope this is of assistance as I never visit the United thread, due to the fact I'm frankly not interested. I only highlighted the earlier post due to being of great potential benefit to the Dark Blues.

Best regards  

Shankland wont leave in January, it would be suicidal for Utd to allow him to go. Their board seems intent on gaining promotion, rightly so, I don't see him there next season though. Utd pulled off a masterstroke signing him, regardless of his high wages, they will make a massive profit from selling him at the end of the season, after promotion and god knows how many goals.

36 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The only acceptable finish to this season is promotion. You say you are happy but want the same as people voicing their concerns, a change in formation/tactics. 1 league game we’ve set up with the 2 wide players high up the park and had a go at a team. We came away with our best performance and highest league win of the season so far. Next game the 2 wingers are deep again and playing on the opposite wings, makes no sense at all. The performances aren’t  up to the required standard so far and on top of being 5/6 points behind where we should be has to be unacceptable. 

At no point did I indicate I was specifically happy, but I'm less worried than everyone else. I completely agree about the formation issues, there needs to be more diversity and a more aggressive, take-no-prisoners approach, but you can't look at the results and tell me what we were doing wasn't effective up until Friday.

If the only acceptable end to the season is promotion, how is 2nd place a bad finish? I could envisage promotion for us in that scenario, as those around us are not particularly great. I hate to break it to you, but we're probably not winning the league, and probably weren't before the season even started. That's what happens when you rebuild a squad completely from scratch in a league filled with experienced ones, there needs to be time to form a complete team. Tbh I think the 'promotion or bust' mindset is unhelpful, but whatever.

As of right now, I have my concerns but I have confidence form will continue to improve over time as the team and the manager become more experienced together. If it doesn't, then I'll start panicking too. 

Shankland wont leave in January, it would be suicidal for Utd to allow him to go. Their board seems intent on gaining promotion, rightly so, I don't see him there next season though. Utd pulled off a masterstroke signing him, regardless of his high wages, they will make a massive profit from selling him at the end of the season, after promotion and god knows how many goals.
Finally, someone who gets it.

Right. Well that’s exactly what Dundee fans were saying about Hemmings. He went for £250k.

It’s mind numbingly tedious having to read the same negative posts after every defeat. The problem is many of the same people get far too carried away when we win a couple of games. McPake should be given this season at a minimum, then we can evaluate if it has been a success or not. Finish outside the playoffs then obviously he’s failed and should go. It’s far too early in the season for heads gone.

Sorry for the delay Stumigoo, family life and all that.
Simply Google Lawrence Shankland and you'll see all the links highlighting other clubs currently interested in his special talent.
In addition to the ones highlighted earlier you can now also add Swansea City and Rangers.
Regarding Stoke City, they are struggling to spend their money due to legislation restrictions following relegation. Having agreed a deal for Dwight Gayle on transfer deadline day they could not proceed due to these reasons. Now, with their new manager Michael O'Neill, and Jimmy Nicholl being his international no.2, do you really think they wouldn't have noticed Shanklands' goal scoring exploits. What is stated and on record is a goal scoring striker is their top January priority.
Now, on the other subject, my personal profession does not lie in the financial sector, however having posted a loss in 2018 of £1,618,993 (which was reduced by £1.4m in sell on fees) and then the 2019 figure of £3,759,220 I think we can safely see a projected substantial negative financial pattern emerging.
Anyway, I hope this is of assistance as I never visit the United thread, due to the fact I'm frankly not interested. I only highlighted the earlier post due to being of great potential benefit to the Dark Blues.
Best regards  

I appreciate you attempting to clear things up. Unfortunately you have presented nothing other than opinion, rumours and guess work with no actual reliable information. Which of course is what I was expecting. Thanks for trying though.

16 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
53 minutes ago, srw said:

Finally, someone who gets it.

Everyone has a price.

42 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

At no point did I indicate I was specifically happy, but I'm less worried than everyone else. I completely agree about the formation issues, there needs to be more diversity and a more aggressive, take-no-prisoners approach, but you can't look at the results and tell me what we were doing wasn't effective up until Friday.

If the only acceptable end to the season is promotion, how is 2nd place a bad finish? I could envisage promotion for us in that scenario, as those around us are not particularly great. I hate to break it to you, but we're probably not winning the league, and probably weren't before the season even started. That's what happens when you rebuild a squad completely from scratch in a league filled with experienced ones, there needs to be time to form a complete team. Tbh I think the 'promotion or bust' mindset is unhelpful, but whatever.

As of right now, I have my concerns but I have confidence form will continue to improve over time as the team and the manager become more experienced together. If it doesn't, then I'll start panicking too. 

It’s not a case about being worried it’s about doing something proactive when things quite clearly aren’t working. 

We’re 5/6 points behind where we should be plus poor showings in 2 cups so far. 3 wins out of 5 isn’t anything to crow about. 

2nd place without promotion isn’t acceptable. After being defeated by Morton I highly doubted we were winning this league so you aren’t breaking anything. Why do you think the punters are  unhappy?

Ayr have lost at least 5 players from their starting line up from last season (right back to Yenited, Rose, Crawford, McDaid and Shankland) yet have been above us since the 1st round of fixtures. 

I think just accepting what we are getting just now is an unacceptable mindset. I’ve tried it numerous times over the years.  Football’s a results based business and it’s sink or swim. No time for compassion or ‘hopefully’ things will turn out right.  

Panicking is when your club is on the brink of going to the wall. 

There are better managers unemployed at the moment from Scottish football who I’d say are better manager’s than what McPake has shown so far. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, Jock Tamson said:

That was my point.

Of course he'll be sold,hopefully all on Utd's terms as to when and how much. But for someone above to compare the situation to that of Hemmings is hilarious.

How much would you take in January without a loan back?

How much do you think United would take?