All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Before last night's horror show we were the form team in the league with 4 wins out of 5. I won't be joining the lynch mob just yet. 

4 wins in 6, and the teams around us continue to shit the bed. I'm as far away from the lynch mob as possible.

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Before last night's horror show we were the form team in the league with 4 wins out of 5. I won't be joining the lynch mob just yet. 

Have to agree. Putting the DABS to one side we are starting to beat the rest week to week. I'm sure the odd blooper is waiting for us but overall we look to have a squad and shape that can take these teams on.  If it is a playoff final in May I'll  take it. 

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

4 wins in 6, and the teams around us continue to shit the bed. I'm as far away from the lynch mob as possible.

All that needs to happen is we remain within touching distance of Utd until January, some team activates Shankland's release clause, dabs start to struggle and we capitalise on that. Easy. 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Nurse... I genuinely hope you're not being serious, it's like you want us in the seaside leagues.

I’m serious. 1 bad season hampered by a horrendous injury list. Do you think McPake’s a better manager than Levein? He turned Yenited around and they benefited from it for a few years after he left. 

Jack Ross is another obviously. 

19 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Only 1 of those games (Alloa) were with a quality of performance we should be looking for.  We’re struggling every game bar that 1 to create chances. Ayr we dug in and got 3 points after a good 1st 45 minutes. 

I really hope I’m wrong and McPake works out but he should never have got the job in the summer. 

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Tin hat on...get Levein in. Went pare shaped at Hearts this season but he knows what he’s doing. Hopefully  Jimmy Nicholl heads to Stoke as O’Neil’s assistant and we can get someone else in as manager with McPake being offered the assistant’s job. 

No more DABs at Dens.

Thank you.

Lot of people sharpening the knives because they can't handle a defeat to the Arabs. Take them 2 results out of the equation and we aren't exactly having a disaster. Comfortably in the play-off spots with a brand new squad, manager just won MotM, previously the form team in the league.

The way some are prattling on you'd think we still have McIntyre in charge and we are fighting for the play-offs at the other end of the table.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lot of people sharpening the knives because they can't handle a defeat to the Arabs. Take them 2 results out of the equation and we aren't exactly having a disaster. Comfortably in the play-off spots with a brand new squad, manager just won MotM, previously the form team in the league.

The way some are prattling on you'd think we still have McIntyre in charge and we are fighting for the play-offs at the other end of the table.

Don’t forget the cups Ludo. He’s up against it and has been since the Partick debacle. 

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

All opinions of course.  No right or wrong answers at this stage.

Out of interest what did you think of McPake’s post mark assertions that the only difference between the two teams were two mistakes and his reaction to being informed by the interviewer it took  over 70 minutes of the game for us to get a shot on target?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Out of interest what did you think of McPake’s post mark assertions that the only difference between the two teams were two mistakes and his reaction to being informed by the interviewer it took  over 70 minutes of the game for us to get a shot on target?

I haven't seen it as I was at the game, but I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was just a little shell-shocked at the result as we all were. Can't properly say until I see the interview though.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I haven't seen it as I was at the game, but I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was just a little shell-shocked at the result as we all were. Can't properly say until I see the interview though.

As always, I was at the game too.  Thought I’d watch the extended highlights on BT Sports today just in case it wasn’t as bad as I thought at the time.  Unfortunately it was.

I just can’t see how McPake could think the only difference in the teams were the two mistakes.

Well worth watching the interview.

McPake seemed genuinely surprised when he was informed about the timing of the first shot on target.  The lack of shots on goal is no surprise to me.  These sort of things happen when you play a lone striker that’s isolated from the rest of the team.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

As always, I was at the game too.  Thought I’d watch the extended highlights on BT Sports today just in case it wasn’t as bad as I thought at the time.  Unfortunately it was.

I just can’t see how McPake could think the only difference in the teams were the two mistakes.

Well worth watching the interview.

McPake seemed genuinely surprised when he was informed about the timing of the first shot on target.  The lack of shots on goal is no surprise to me.  These sort of things happen when you play a lone striker that’s isolated from the rest of the team.

Don't have BT Sport currently, any way to see it elsewhere?

41 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Don't have BT Sport currently, any way to see it elsewhere?

Yeah, just recently transferred from Virgin back to Sky again.

Losing BT Sport has been an unexpected blessing in disguise, and tbh, in the flesh at the game sufficed on this occasion.

Interesting to view all the different opinions, however without wishing to lose James McPake from the club, he is so clearly out of his depth in his current position. 

Best regards 

I'm away to be controversial and say, f**k the formation (Even if it is the best in terms of a points per game average) and just go baws out and play to our strengths. Defence? What is a defence?

Get something that gets as many of Hemmings, Nelson, Johnson, Dorrans, McGowan, Ness & McDaid on the pitch and in their preferred positions as possible. Go to outscored teams.

I'm going to be extremely disrespectful to the league but I'd suggest even if we were to have a bit of a mare, I can't see us finishing outside the play off spots. Our worst ever finish in Scottish football is a 6th place finish in this league with Kernaghan. Regardless of what you think about McPake's ability as a manager we have enough game winners in this squad to see us not to sink to that level.

So f**k it, let's go baws out, score more than you mentality and whilst it might result in us dropping more points than we'd like - I'd much rather we finish in the play offs having participated in exciting games week after week which were end to end than comfortably finishing in the play offs whilst grinding out results and potentially gaining 10 or so more points.