All things Dundee FC

Just now, LM_0803 said:

Attempted? So he obviously didn't complete them......

Not all of them, no. Can you name a player who finishes games with 100% pass completion after 90 minutes? Anyone in the world. 

I've no idea what you're on about with the latter part, it'd be pretty hard for him to pass backwards considering he drops and splits the CH's so is regularly the furthest outfield player back. 

Far, far worse performers on that park tonight. As I said, he'd be one of the last players I'd have a go at in the changing room.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sickened but some of the comments on here are shocking. Call long time posters DABs and all FFS. 

We are comfortably a play-off level team and we will never challenge for the title this season. That doesn't bother me. Entirely expected that this season.

What I am against is the fact that once our slow, laborious build up play was a complete proven flop tonight we had no plan B and just waited on the inevitable. To be saying our best option at right wing is a striker that can't play the position is also damning.

Given that the slow, laborious play play happens just about every game and we seem incapable of breaking at speed it can only be down to the fact we either do not have good enough players or the coaching / tactics isn’t good enough.  Either way it doesn’t look good for McPake.

Not all of them, no. Can you name a player who finishes games with 100% pass completion after 90 minutes? Anyone in the world. 
I've no idea what you're on about with the latter part, it'd be pretty hard for him to pass backwards considering he drops and splits the CH's so is regularly the furthest outfield player back. 
Far, far worse performers on that park tonight. As I said, he'd be one of the last players I'd have a go at in the changing room.
You must be related to him then if he's one of the last players you'd criticise[emoji23][emoji1787] slow on the ball, slow off the ball, no pace at all, passes back the way and sideways all the time. No awareness at all.

Oh, but he "plays a role in the team"

It's his "job to pass it sideways"

Load of pish. Players can think on their own, they don't need a manager to tell them what to do. If McPake tells them to lump it up the pitch and Hemmings is getting bullied off the park then the players shouldn't keep doing it.

1 minute ago, srw said:

its 06:28 where I am, woke up early to watch that display.

We had people say McCann will get it right, just wait, less so for McIntyre, but the same again for McPake.

Its tedious and beyond acceptable, McPake looks the worst of the lot, utterly clueless, can you really see him turning it around, I give him less than a 1% chance, he is dull, confused and lacking any managerial qualities. 

McCann inherited Hartley's squad had 18 months and three full transfer windows, and we were even worse at the end of his tenure than we were at the beginning. McIntyre dumped practically the whole of what was left of McCann's squad, then brought his own in on short-term deals and loans.

You can't compare McCann's time with the near-six months McPake's had, and contrary to McIntyre's approach of a short-term quick fix, some of the better players we have are on multi-year deals. We have a chance to keep those and balance out the squad by replacing the weaker ones in the next window or two. If we were still sitting third in the table and looking hopeless against the leaders at this point next season, then comparisons with McCann would be perfectly apt.

Given that the slow, laborious play play happens just about every game and we seem incapable of breaking at speed it can only be down to the fact we either do not have good enough players or the coaching / tactics isn’t good enough.  Either way it doesn’t look good for McPake.
Exactly my point. Happens every week

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

That type of play generally works.

It will, however, never, ever work in a derby.

6 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

You must be related to him then if he's one of the last players you'd criticiseemoji23.pngemoji1787.png slow on the ball, slow off the ball, no pace at all, passes back the way and sideways all the time. No awareness at all.

Yes, I'm related to Shaun Byrne. There's boys been posting here longer than you've been out of nappies that you are calling Arabs and it's all everyone else's fault. 

You're a fucking fruitloop. 

Edited by Dele

For a little perspective - there are United fans lauding their performance and calling some players performances 'outstanding'. 

I think I'm just about done with football if that's what's being championed. Aye, they won. f**k me they were terrible too though. 

Yes, I'm related to Shaun Byrne. There's boys been posting here longer than you've been out of nappies that you are calling Arabs and it's all everyone else's fault. 
You're a fucking fruitloop. 
Bit of realism can do you good, if you aren't too oblivious to the shite we see every week [emoji1787] we are shite end of. The age of other people has absolutely f**k all to do with dundee being shite[emoji23][emoji23]

I agree there can be a time and a place for slow play.  I also agree a derby is not the place for it.  If we can see that why can’t McPake?
Because he's out of his depth. We were wanting McCann to succeed and do well so badly, before we were eventually calling him out for being out of his depth. McPake is useless. I've got alot of time for him from when he was a player, but it's not been good so far.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That type of play generally works.

It will, however, never, ever work in a derby.

I do think that over that past month there have been several times where they've been knocking it about across the back four when every other team in this league would be getting it forward much more quickly. It's definitely a recurring theme, but then I see what's going on further up the pitch, and it's clear there's no obvious quick ball forward on anyway. 

I think it's clear as day that it's in part down to playing one isolated striker, and the fact he's easy for the defence to pick up and eliminate from the game completely, but then I also remember watching us trying to play a more conventional 4-4-2 in the first ten games or so, and the opposition just playing straight through our midfield with hilarious ease.

Right now, it seems like hobson's choice. We pack the midfield, leave the forward on his own, play this slow paced turgid football and grind out one goal wins against mid-table sides, or we go back to playing 4-4-2, being easier to play through, and drawing with the likes of QoS and losing to Morton as a result. 

I've said this before, but personally I think this team needs to go back to playing a 3-5-2 again.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Just now, LM_0803 said:

Bit of realism can do you good, if you aren't too oblivious to the shite we see every week emoji1787.png we are shite end of. The age of other people has absolutely f**k all to do with dundee being shiteemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Where have I said we aren't shite? I think you'll find I have said, numerous times, this whole league is utter shite. One of the worst performances I've seen in a long, long time seen us comfortably beat Morton. 

You're right, posters ages doesn't matter. Signing in online and flailing your arms calling anyone who disagrees with you an Arab or related to a player they refuse to mark out as "utter shite" does put you across as somewhat of a zoomer though. 

Where have I said we aren't shite? I think you'll find I have said, numerous times, this whole league is utter shite. One of the worst performances I've seen in a long, long time seen us comfortably beat Morton. 
You're right, posters ages doesn't matter. Signing in online and flailing your arms calling anyone who disagrees with you an Arab or related to a player they refuse to mark out as "utter shite" does put you across as somewhat of a zoomer though. 
Only way to comprehend how someone can say Byrne played well tonight.[emoji23] amazes me how some fans actually rate players that olay terribly week in and week out.....and I wouldn't say the Morton game was comfortable.... We were shite and happened to win the game. That's it[emoji23]

Waiting for McPake to come out with the same stuff. "Gave it a good go", "didn't get the breaks tonight" etc.

And to the over emotional grown man in the Bobby cox, who resorted to calling someone specky in an argument ([emoji23]) - you don't need coaching badges to see how shite we actually are. Some fans are in denial [emoji1787]it's a funny wee distraction from an otherwise worrying night

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I do think that over that past month there have been several times where they've been knocking it about across the back four when every other team in this league would be getting it forward much more quickly. It's definitely a recurring theme, but then I see what's going on further up the pitch, and it's clear there's no obvious quick ball forward on anyway. 

I think it's clear as day that it's in part down to playing one isolated striker, and the fact he's easy for the defence to pick up and eliminate from the game completely, but then I also remember watching us trying to play a more conventional 4-4-2 in the first ten games or so, and the opposition just playing straight through our midfield with hilarious ease.

Right now, it seems like hobson's choice. We pack the midfield, leave the forward on his own, play this slow paced turgid football and grind out one goal wins against mid-table sides, or we go back to playing 4-4-2, being easier to play through, and drawing with the likes of QoS and losing to Morton as a result. 

I've said this before, but personally I think this team needs to go back to playing a 3-5-2 again.

Surely though that’s down to the manager and the players he brought in to his squad? It has been poor all season and doesn’t seem to be improving, the pieces of quality in the team have just got us by in some games and covered up the cracks a bit. This is a poor league in terms of quality and for the money we’ve obviously spent I’m expecting a bit more, regardless of it being a new team or not considering the opposition 

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

For a little perspective - there are United fans lauding their performance and calling some players performances 'outstanding'. 

I think I'm just about done with football if that's what's being championed. Aye, they won. f**k me they were terrible too though. 

Yup.

We were utterly honking, not a single player earning pass marks in Dark Blue. Maybe McGhee and Kerr at a push. But despite that, a brainfart from McDaid and Nelson getting caught on the ball in a stupid position has gifted Utd two goals. Take those two errors away, and I think we'd still have somehow have fluked a 0-0. They didn't look threatening at all, for all that we kept giving it away and creating nothing ourselves.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yup.

We were utterly honking, not a single player earning pass marks in Dark Blue. Maybe McGhee and Kerr at a push. But despite that, a brainfart from McDaid and Nelson getting caught on the ball in a stupid position has gifted Utd two goals. Take those two errors away, and I think we'd still have somehow have fluked a 0-0. They didn't look threatening at all, for all that we kept giving it away and creating nothing ourselves.

That's the spirit. But for the goals you might have managed a clean sheet.

We certainly weren't outstanding. Absolutely no need.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's the spirit. But for the goals you might have managed a clean sheet.

We certainly weren't outstanding. Absolutely no need.

Maybe go and tell that to the folk in your own thread who are hailing that performance then?

4 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Only way to comprehend how someone can say Byrne played well tonight.emoji23.png amazes me how some fans actually rate players that olay terribly week in and week out.....and I wouldn't say the Morton game was comfortable.... We were shite and happened to win the game. That's itemoji23.png

You think the only way to 'comprehend' how someone saying Byrne was the second best performer for Dundee tonight is to say "You must be related to him!". Fucking hell mate, give up comprehension. 

Morton created two chances - one they scored from - the other in the 94th (?) minute. If that's not comfortable, I've no idea what is.