All things Dundee FC

24 minutes ago, Dele said:

November 2014.

24 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Actually 5 years to the day, funnily enough.

image.thumb.png.431c99dc4791e161364f6948cbd86b08.png

It's understandable that incredible winning streaks like this only come around every 5 years or so. 

I'll start with the negatives:

First time I've saw Hazard and didn't like what I saw. Very poor kicking and whilst it was lashing down - there wasn't exactly a strong wind to excuse the odd misplaced kick. Doesn't look assured at the back and I have my fears for him next week. Can't believe I'm saying it, but on tonight's showing I hope Hamilton hurries back! (To be fair though, I'm led to believe he's performed well in his other 2 games).

Hope Marshall is back next week. He's just simply better all round than Mackie (And Mackie wasn't half bad tonight).

The laborious way we tried to pass through Morton tonight was far from pretty and at times we looked devoid of creativity. Thank god for Dorrans and hopefully Hemmings has hit his goalscoring touch. I reckon Ness will be extremely invaluable next to Dorrans.

I wish it weren't the Derby next week as there's the potential to come back down to earth with a real bang just as we are looking to build some momentum.

Gowser is controlling midfield alongside Dorrans and let's put it this way, tonight wasn't the type of game Dundee win very often in my lifetime - so that's hugely encouraging.

2nd weekend in a row that the game has been on tv here in Auz. (Via BEIN) and this was a struggle. Glad to see us pull through - after 10 mins it looked like an away win was on the cards.

Big debate going forward is where to play Dorrans. He was the stand out for the whole game, but he finished in McGowans forward role, and made the winning goal. I imagine it will depend on injuries, but if all are fit then I think its Gowser on the bench. Only downer from that though is that was how we lined up at the first Derby. 

Very impressed by McDaid. Given that we seem to be playing the Chelsea 4-2-3-1, he is our own Eden Hazard. I think he will grow and become a better player as the season continues. 

6 hours ago, mychurch said:

Very impressed by McDaid. Given that we seem to be playing the Chelsea 4-2-3-1, he is our own Eden Hazard. I think he will grow and become a better player as the season continues. 

After last night one Hazard in the squad is enough, thank you very much! 

The best bit about the game last night was the two dundee fans arguing. Sadly the bbc cameras didnt stay with it.

Dorrans is absolutely the best player in the league. If you keep him fit then good chance you will be champions.

The best bit about the game last night was the two dundee fans arguing. Sadly the bbc cameras didnt stay with it.

Dorrans is absolutely the best player in the league. If you keep him fit then good chance you will be champions.

Don’t tell the Ayr fans this.

In his interview on DeeTV Jazzer was talking about people outside the club, and not our own fans, have been questioning our character. It’s clearly pissed him right off. Anybody know who he’s talking about?
I think in general, we've been viewed as being well out of challenging at the top end since the derby. BBC were pretty much cemented in us being a mid table side in their coverage last week and we've not really been discussed as a challenger. Maybe enough to piss our management off.

Looking at the fixtures coming up, I really want to say that we have a great chance to make it to Christmas unbeaten: The Dabs on Friday and then away to ICT in our next two are as tough as you can get in this league, but then we have 4 very winnable games before Santa arrives - away to Arbroath & Thistle, home to QOS and Dunfermline.

Knowing us, of course, we'll take six points out of six, then lose three of the next four, but if Dorrans and Hemmings can keep improving, Nelson and Johnson can be worked into the side in a productive way and McDaid plays like he can, then we should have enough going forward to cover up any frailties at the back.

Anyway, looking more than one match ahead is a mug's game, but it's something to do...