All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If we are not in a play-off spot in January then there'd need to be serious conversations. 

Anything less than 3rd at the end of the season and he shouldn't be kept on. (No real justification for picking 3rd instead of 4th just personal opinion)

Other than that, he's safe.

A playoff position in January would be an improvement on what we have just now 🙈 It’s been shocking this season so far and we’re probably 5 points short of where we should be at this time. 17 points per quarter keeps you in the hunt in this league. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

It’s not falling out Ross, just different views. It’s good to read what fellow fans thoughts are regarding situations like this. 

Don't worry, it's not you I'm meaning when I say that. There are some... more confrontational posters on here I'm thinking about.

Performances have mostly been poor and in some cases completely unacceptable.  Results have also fallen short of what I expected.

Against United we were truly appalling for 20 - 25 minutes.  Yesterday we managed to condense that into 5 minutes.  On both occasions McPake’s selections and tactics were extremely poor.

The problem McPake has is that the board already experimented with a complete novice of a manager by appointing McCann.   After McCann was rightly binned the board appointed a more experienced manager that for obvious reasons was never going to be successful.  Instead of looking for and choosing an experienced manager to get us out of this league the board resorted back to choosing a complete novice of a manager.  

Talk about not learning form your mistakes.  You really couldn’t make this up.

13 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Performances have mostly been poor and in some cases completely unacceptable.  Results have also fallen short of what I expected.

Against United we were truly appalling for 20 - 25 minutes.  Yesterday we managed to condense that into 5 minutes.  On both occasions McPake’s selections and tactics were extremely poor.

The problem McPake has is that the board already experimented with a complete novice of a manager by appointing McCann.   After McCann was rightly binned the board appointed a more experienced manager that for obvious reasons was never going to be successful.  Instead of looking for and choosing an experienced manager to get us out of this league the board resorted back to choosing a complete novice of a manager.  

Talk about not learning form your mistakes.  You really couldn’t make this up.

I take no pleasure in saying I have to totally agree. If we are realistic and honest, football, like most professional business ventures truly is a cut-throat business.

Without wanting to see James McPake cast adrift, at this present time in his fledgling coaching/managerial career he is proving to be out of his depth on so many levels. 

A brave decision would be to sit him down, discuss the situation and inform him the club were to seek an experienced manager and have McPake learn the ropes as it were as an assistant manager. If he honestly professes to respect the club as much as he does, this would surely provide the best pathway for all concerned.

Whilst I, as always respect all the differing opinions on our thread, who wouldn't be completely behind the appointment of a manager of the calibre of Jack Ross.

This of course will not happen, that would require the paymaster admitting yet another error of judgement.

Best regards    

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

It’s not falling out Ross, just different views. It’s good to read what fellow fans thoughts are regarding situations like this. 

Best watch, when you disagree or dont get on with someone you may get a red dot. Serious business to some ;)
End of the day we want what is all best for the club. A play off finish would do me fine this season and then we build on for next season

16 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Best watch, when you disagree or dont get on with someone you may get a red dot. Serious business to some ;)
End of the day we want what is all best for the club. A play off finish would do me fine this season and then we build on for next season

At least you're not bothered.

Don't have a sly dig, just come out and say it's me, was going to correct the miserable nonsense you post but couldn't be arsed. 

All the best Yoda.

Thank you.

Surely one of the best first half performances I've seen in a long time. McCall made a couple of changes at half time but I'm far from convinced this was the real game changer, it was more our attitude to play safe rather than strive for a second/third goal. Dorrans was particularly guilty and I think his play effected others around him. McPake should have been having a fit on the touchline but I saw nothing to suggest he was bothered. No half decent manager plays a team well below them in the league and is happy going into the last 10 mins with only a one goal lead. There are some real basics in football management - not quite last chance for me (remembering the first half - which could have been better still without Mackie) but if he doesn't learn from this one then we have to get someone in that can manage at least the basics

In case you didn't read it, this is what Nelms said about McPake today;

"The Championship has been a big change, luckily we planned for some change and it has allowed us to move a few things around the club.

“Obviously the manager has changed, we’re changing things in the academy by bringing Gordon in and once we got through all the negativity of being relegated we could focus on bringing the club back up again.

“I think we’ve done that. We have a young manager and he has a lot of good people around him.”

He is not going anywhere, my expectation was that we were not getting out this league first time of asking so he has my full support as long as he continues to learn from his mistakes.

He won against Arbroath with that formation so obviously tried it again against Partick, he did however make poor substitutions, so I hope he learns from that. It's like when Robertson makes a poor decision on the pitch, we forgive him because he is young, well the same can be said for McPake, as long as he is learning.

I am glad that we chose him over paying over the odds for some other failed jobber, it was all about bringing through the youth and promoting from within when Nelms came along, we need to operate like this or we will never learn from mistakes of the past.

A bit hypocritical from my rant yesterday.

The problem we have is, since Hartley left, each appointment has been a mistake. 

Believe it or not, I don’t want constant change, to be sacking the manager and rebuilding. But we should not back someone who IMO, has shown no signs of being an even remotely competent manager. 

In no other business is failure tolerated so much as football. From media buddies defending their mates, to fans having blind faith, or wishing their favourites to succeed, or just wanting consistency for consistencies sake. Just a general opinion, not specifically about McPake. 

Revisionists saying this season is a rebuild, mid table isn’t a disaster, we were never going to go straight up are living in a fantasy world. It’s a results driven business, and so far, it’s not even close to being good enough. 

He won’t be sacked any time soon, but Nelms must be having third and fourth thoughts about this appointment. 

At least you're not bothered.
Don't have a sly dig, just come out and say it's me, was going to correct the miserable nonsense you post but couldn't be arsed. 
All the best Yoda.
Thank you.

Correct it then. You say miserable yet it's not me being all dramatic these days.

You were wanting Mcpake punted yet you agreed with ludo post about fans moaning?
And let's be honest it's not a dig since you have moaned about dots before or am I wrong?

McPake should never of been appointed, that's the issue.

It's much like people saying to support Moussa as he's at the club so we might aswell get on with it.

He was an embarrassment and it's an absolute scandal he was a first team starter at Dundee FC. That alone puts McCann as the worst manager in our near history.

McPake isn't upto it and with the prices we charge its not acceptable for us to be expecting anything else but to challenge for the league.

To win the league in the Championship, the defence is the most important thing. Much like McPake as a player the defence is slap bang average to poor. That's our failing this season.

Let's see what changes McPake can think of for Friday. His interviews are as inspiring as a cold shower on a Monday morning aswell.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

It's much like people saying to support Moussa as he's at the club so we might aswell get on with it.

He was an embarrassment and it's an absolute scandal he was a first team starter at Dundee FC. That alone puts McCann as the worst manager in our near history.

Aye, apart from the fact that the next manager binned Moussa, replaced him with worse and had the worst record ever. 

Apart from that though. 

shaun the sheep movie ok GIF

9 hours ago, Dele said:

Aye, apart from the fact that the next manager binned Moussa, replaced him with worse and had the worst record ever. 

Apart from that though. 

shaun the sheep movie ok GIF

Craig Curran and Andy Nelson are better than Moussa.

If you went to the games your opinon would be valid. As it is you spout your horrific patter on an hourly basis on here - during games aswell.

Leave it to the people who know what's happening on the field.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Correct it then. You say miserable yet it's not me being all dramatic these days.

You were wanting Mcpake punted yet you agreed with ludo post about fans moaning?
And let's be honest it's not a dig since you have moaned about dots before or am I wrong?

I can appreciate both sides of the argument, but I agree with others who reckon he's not good enough. Your mewling about managers not given a chance? We give managers plenty of time here, also you're moaning about fans moaning? There was nothing but positivity in the Derry on Saturday, until the arse collapse.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

There was nothing but positivity in the Derry on Saturday, until the arse collapse.

Thank you.

Same as the Cox but I really don't get this booing while we are in possession pish coming from the Cox and Derry.

It's putting unnecessary pressure on the players to make a daft pass. They are professionals and believe it or not, probably know how to play football better than the boo boys.

I can appreciate both sides of the argument, but I agree with others who reckon he's not good enough. Your mewling about managers not given a chance? We give managers plenty of time here, also you're moaning about fans moaning? There was nothing but positivity in the Derry on Saturday, until the arse collapse.
Thank you.

I appreciate both sides also. The booing however is quite pathetic and it isnt the first time this season.
Plenty of time would be January? If yes then I agree.
If we agree then we are off to a good start to the week. Last week is forgotten about already.