All things Dundee FC

There's probably no point in calling for McPake's head anyway, as Nelms will (as usual) keep the manager in post until the season's completely up the shitter. A couple things though: 

1. What the f**k is Strachan's input? Is he pouring the half time beers in hospitality?

2. Why the f**k, in one of the most important seasons in years, did we appoint a complete rookie who can't even go to a pub without losing his cool?

If McPake is still manager at the end of January we'll be lucky to finish in the top half of the table. 

Just now, LM_0803 said:
2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:
Only one man I'd wanna see in the position instead now...
9773898.jpg?display=1%26htype=0%26type=responsive-gallery&key=068e8231c432660950a5eb9c64275ff10986a81f060290a5bc6536c2651ca0fa

Can't see the pic. Who would you have in ?

Think of the one free manager who you'd have in charge, you'll probably get it in one go.

13 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Am I the only one hoping that the court case is fast tracked and he's found guilty?

Bit much. His first season in charge and we aren't languishing at the bottom.

Punch up in a bar is unacceptable but we aren't the first team to have a last minute collapse.

We have had a best case scenario turn shit and it has rightly annoyed a lot of people.

We should be performing better, but we aren't losing every game like some people are acting. 

He's bang average as a manager. Hamilton had an alright game the last few weeks, but he is still the absolute weakest link.

First one out should be ham, closely followed by Forster.

Edited by Crawford

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Bit much. His first season in charge and we aren't languishing at the bottom.

Punch up in a bar is unacceptable but we aren't the first team to have a last minute collapse.

We have had a best case scenario turn shit and it has rightly annoyed a lot of people.

We should be performing better, but we aren't losing every game like some people are acting. 

He's bang average as a manager. Hamilton had an alright game the last few weeks, but he is still the absolute weakest link.

First one out should be ham, closely followed by Forster.

Image result for seinfeld gif

18 hours ago, srw said:

Our next manager cant have any links with us. Im sick of starting to dislike people that I used to like, McCann was one of my favourite players when I was a bairn, but now, I cant stand him, I don't want McPake going the same way.

Also, no Ross County, ICT or Dabs links either please.

Let's be honest he was a bang average player, McPake. 

Used to be positionally all over the place and lunge in to make up for it. His heart was always in the right place though and he gave his all. That seems to be all that's needed for Dundee fans to love a player.

His injury caused an emotional link with the club and the affinity is certainly not felt by me. A decent player - brilliant moment at Tannadice, but that's about it for me.

Lazy appointment and I've not been positive about it since it happened. Me and many others are being proven right. The simple fact is if we had Mccall in the dugout we'd be going up this season.

Every fan base has clueless clowns like Ludo, but it really sickens me that these are the kind of fools that are on our board. The last few seasons have been nothing short of a shambles.

If we were run even half decent we'd be going for the top six this season. As it is we're getting beat off shite like Morton and Partick whilst charging one of the highest gate prices in the country to witness it.That's the facts.

Thank you.

I think any other manager would have struggled to assemble as good a squad as McPake’s has this season.

I’m sure most folk would have been happy enough with a transitional season after the shambles of last year so I think there’s a bit of an over reaction to yesterdays collapse.

This league is brutal but I’m confident of play offs

The reactionary nonsense on here is fucking embarrassing as some of our performances under Jim McIntyre.

Are we where we want to be? No. We were left in an utter state and McPake has built a squad of capable players with a few obvious limitations. The board have no doubt spent hundreds of thousands of pounds to get the correct support team in around their man and because we haven't had the perfect first quarter people want the manager sacked.

Do I think it's been good enough so far? Not a chance, but the league favourites got their arses handed to them 4-0 yesterday with a Scottish internationalist in their team after having a good period of continuation in their squad and we are screaming at a rookie manager for not getting right in his first 3 month in charge.

I do not expect to win the league and if we finish in a play-off spot, then we have had an acceptable first season back down. Had 5 minutes of utter madness not happened yesterday - we'd have been confident a corner had been turned and we'd be challenging for the title again. 

I'm not saying we've been good enough or McPake hasn't made some pretty ridiculous mistakes because he has, but to be shouting for his head this early into his spell is absolutely over the top. 

The reactionary nonsense on here is fucking embarrassing as some of our performances under Jim McIntyre.
Are we where we want to be? No. We were left in an utter state and McPake has built a squad of capable players with a few obvious limitations. The board have no doubt spent hundreds of thousands of pounds to get the correct support team in around their man and because we haven't had the perfect first quarter people want the manager sacked.
Do I think it's been good enough so far? Not a chance, but the league favourites got their arses handed to them 4-0 yesterday with a Scottish internationalist in their team after having a good period of continuation in their squad and we are screaming at a rookie manager for not getting right in his first 3 month in charge.
I do not expect to win the league and if we finish in a play-off spot, then we have had an acceptable first season back down. Had 5 minutes of utter madness not happened yesterday - we'd have been confident a corner had been turned and we'd be challenging for the title again. 
I'm not saying we've been good enough or McPake hasn't made some pretty ridiculous mistakes because he has, but to be shouting for his head this early into his spell is absolutely over the top. 

The shouting of the head is nothing new.
We give nobody any time. We have been booing way before yesterday also which is pathetic.
I'm at a point sadly of not giving a f**k. Play offs from word go was always the way it was going to be. It is fun thinking we could win this league , however reality is it wont happen. Managers sadly dont get a chance , however we are Dundee we always do shit different. Two administrations and yet we are still plodding on.
Ayr on a friday night , sadly wont be a huge travelling support , even if we were doing well in the league I still dont blame people for not going.

I'm just gutted I cant be Dundee on fifa

Ludo we’ve failed to beat Dunfermline, Morton, Partick Thistle (3 of the bottom 4 btw) Queen Of The South, Cove Rangers, Peterhead, Elgin City plus got 6 fae the filth. That’s simply unacceptable regardless of the length of time the manager’s been in his position. His starting 11 are at best curious and his tactics and substitutions during the games are probably worse. He’s signed guys and played them out of position or not at all. If I was either Johnson or Nelson I’d be seriously p!ssed off with him and the lack of game time. 

I’m usually the type to back the manager to the hilt in the hope that continuity eventually comes good for us, even when I thought things might be beyond repair like I was with Hartley and McCann as examples. I’ve had enough of the ‘it might come good’ or ‘give him time’. Football’s a ruthless business and you have to hit the ground running or it’s bye bye. 

How long will you give him Ludo? Does he stay if the next quarter is the same and we’re still losing to teams in the bottom half of the Championship? I don’t get the mentality of it’s a hard league and everyone beats everyone. It’s a piss poor standard of a league and we’re doing piss poor. 

I’d say if things don’t improve between now and the end of November he’s doing well to stay in a job. Enough’s enough. 

Edited by Yenitit

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

How long will you give him Ludo? 

If we are not in a play-off spot in January then there'd need to be serious conversations. 

Anything less than 3rd at the end of the season and he shouldn't be kept on. (No real justification for picking 3rd instead of 4th just personal opinion)

Other than that, he's safe.

Edited by Ludo*1

All this talk is pointless tbh. Whether you fall on one side or the other, even if Jack Ross verbally professed his interest (which he won't), I reckon it's bloody near impossible McPake gets sacked this season. He'd need to be involved in a relegation fight I reckon, and I most certainly believe that will not happen. Why bother falling out about this is what I think.