All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

First half we played the best football we have all season.

We missed chance after chance in both halves and couldn't get a grip of the second half. 

None of the last 15 minutes has anything to do with McPake as a manager and shouting for him to get sacked is pointless.

Much like the last Derby, we played good but missed our chances. Onwards.

I’m sorry Crawford but that last 15 minutes is all on him. 

I would say that we probably deserved to lose today as we were largely shit from the 35 minute mark. Losing it like that though is unfair.

I do hate to say it, I really do, but McPake is easily the one most at fault for today's result. f**k knows what he was thinking in terms of substitutions. Byrne off for Robertson was the right call as Byrne had played shite, but f**k knows why McGhee didn't come off for Kerr. McGhee was dreadful in that RB role. Also would've brought off Hemmings for Johnson. But taking Gowser off when he was on fire? Ridiculous stuff, needs to have a good look at himself and what he's trying to do. It's games like this and the derby that make me think he's not up to the task just yet.

Taking off Byrne and McGowan, and replacing them with two school boys. Ending the game with three pretty poor wingers on the park.

If those two pretty obvious things aren't the managers fault, then good god.

First half we played the best football we have all season.
We missed chance after chance in both halves and couldn't get a grip of the second half. 
None of the last 15 minutes has anything to do with McPake as a manager and shouting for him to get sacked is pointless.
Much like the last Derby, we played good but missed our chances. Onwards.
We did not "play good" in the Derby, we got bullied out of it and roundly shafted, much as we did in the last 8(eight) minutes of this game after the subs were made.
If McPake is not to blame who on earth is?
Jeremy Corbyn?

17 minutes ago, srw said:

When does Nelms admit, that he has made an arse of things again.

McPake clearly isn't a manager, his tactics are dreadful, substitutions are shocking and he comes across as utterly devoid of emotion or motivational skills.

Utd getting pumped, and we cant take advantage again, incidentally, we were scudded by the team who are still at the bottom of the table, even after that win, thats how bad PT have been this season.

He has to go. its clear for anyone that isn't clap happy.

Absolutely spot on. He's miles out of his depth, the subs, the formation it's all a pile of shite. Certainly there are good players there, but if you have a manager that's not up to it, then you are fucked.

Away to get pished.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I would say that we probably deserved to lose today as we were largely shit from the 35 minute mark. Losing it like that though is unfair.

I do hate to say it, I really do, but McPake is easily the one most at fault for today's result. f**k knows what he was thinking in terms of substitutions. Byrne off for Robertson was the right call as Byrne had played shite, but f**k knows why McGhee didn't come off for Kerr. McGhee was dreadful in that RB role. Also would've brought off Hemmings for Johnson. But taking Gowser off when he was on fire? Ridiculous stuff, needs to have a good look at himself and what he's trying to do. It's games like this and the derby that make me think he's not up to the task just yet.

Each to their own Ross but I think you’re miles off it with your Byrne and McGhee comments. 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Each to their own Ross but I think you’re miles off it with your Byrne and McGhee comments. 

Fair enough, for the record I was referring to today's performances specifically, and I thought they were really off the mark. Either way, the majority of the blame lies on McPake's head.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fair enough, for the record I was referring to today's performances specifically, and I thought they were really off the mark. Either way, the majority of the blame lies on McPake's head.

Just shows you how different people see games because I thought they were both good today. I take it you’re on about McGhee’s shooting rather than his defending?

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Just shows you how different people see games because I thought they were both good today. I take it you’re on about McGhee’s shooting rather than his defending?

From my perspective both kept constantly losing possession needlessly and were not at their best. That's just how I perceived it though, I'm not pretending I'm right.

I doubt we will sack McPake but the warning signs are there. A ridiculous capitulation at the end. Personally I thought Byrne was pretty anonymous, as usual, so bringing on Robertson for him I kind of got but bringing on an extremely young winger, who has struggled so far - fucking madness. And taking off Gowser. Jesus wept. Johnson should have been on. He’d have hounded the Thistle defenders. There was just so much wrong in that second half. Dreadful.

This is a crucial season for us, as everyone knows, the longer you spend down here the harder it is to get out. I think we need to cut our losses and get the right man in to at least get the best out of the seemingly talented players that we have at our disposal. United have shown fragility in recent weeks, with the right man in charge getting the best out of the players we have, I don’t see any reason why we can’t give it a go this year. It doesn’t look like anyone is going to run away with it but the longer this is allowed to continue the harder it will be for us to remain in touch with United and whoever else. It is imperative that we do something different, the repercussions of doing nothing can potentially haunt us for several years to come. There can be no loyalties here and as much as I want McPake to succeed, he is simply out of his depth.

Thank you 

Shite.

I posted on here for all to see that we'd struggle to win the game after seeing the line up and I was proved right.

Mackie - shite. Utter dog shite.

Hemmings isn't scoring and isn't being taken off. The name shouldn't warrant an automatic start. Would Johnson or Nelson of been able to notch in the last two home games? 

Bryne substituted on 60 minutes - shite decision.

Forster - Shite. Typical slow Scottish diddy.

McGowan had a good game but has proven over years not to be good enough. He'll probably be poor next week in a crucial game against Ayr (wait and see).

James McPake isn't nearly good enough as I said from day one. I never wanted him as manager and Im not going to change my mind now just cause Nelms took the easy option.

Hundreds of applicants and McPake was the best qualified to take us forward? My arse.

We're going nowhere this season - the Dabs result is irrelevant. They'll finish above us.

Thank you.

Can’t see him being sacked any time soon as it reflects badly on the man who appointed him and hilights his deficiencies, again! Football is like any other business, if the guy at the top is out his depth and makes bad decisions it filters down and the outcome is inevitable. Feel a bit sorry for Mcpake as he isn’t ready for this, from under 18’s to a first team expected to be challenging for a title is too much. It’s just been another lazy, easy option appointment, a hit and hope with a guy who’s popular with the fans......sound familiar