All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Just seen on the BBC site that Findlay is only the 4th Killie player to score for Scotland (provided the match doesn't get abandoned and the goal struck from the records!!). That begs the question: How many Dees have scored for Scotland? I would imagine Gilzean for sure, any others??

I believe Scotlands joint 7th highest ever scorer scored an International goal whilst a Dundee player.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Alan Gilzean only getting 22 caps is fucking criminal considering his scoring record for club (And indeed even country).

Eta: 4 of his 12 goals for Scotland came in his first 5 caps, all whilst representing Dundee in a 6 month spell. Netting against England, Germany and NI.

Edited by Ludo*1

7 minutes ago, Ylf said:

bbc scotland at 10 tonight guys. the rise and fall of timex dundee. remember this when i was younger. should be an
interesting watch

I could google this but I suppose that goes against the point of discussion boards.  When was the Timex collapse in Dundee?

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Barry Smith back in a job, assistant manager at Forfar.

That's Gary Irvine, Scott Robertson and Barry Smith all employed at Forfar now with Irvine (For the time being) and Robertson obviously involved with Dundee.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Jamie Ness confirmed to not be ready for Partick game. Not surprising, just a bit disappointing. I'm willing to bet he gets back for the derby and gets ran through by United players.

Everyone else is healthy though, so that's good.

Doubt he'd be thrown straight back in and if he was it'd be McPakes fault for dreadful management.

Thank you.