All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Exactly, Johnny. 

Scuffles have been going on in pubs across, Scotland, the UK and the world for hundreds of years. I suspect alcohol may have a part to play in this. 

Weird comment that. 

I've never been involved in a pub scuffle in my life and have rarely even seen one.

You must go to some dodgy spots.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I've never been involved in a pub scuffle in my life and have rarely even seen one.

You must go to some dodgy spots.

If you have rarely seen one, I take it you have seen a handful then, and not in these "dodgy spots" we must go to. Therefore it still happens in the "nice places" you must frequent.

So it's quite a normal occurrence then?

Are these DABs who are trying to take a moral high ground the same ones who were chanting “David Goodwillie, he does what he wants”?

Must say, if someone was to taunt me when I was minding my own business about an incident which prematurely ended my career I would probably react as well. Anyone who says they wouldn’t is either a massive gaping vagina or a liar.

Point 2 is not bullshit. Maybe if your a bobby or work in the care/nursing sector.

In my case I would be suspended and reported to the General Teaching Council. Remember the DAB teacher who got into trouble for being drunk in charge of child at a game?

Outwith the public sector there are some private sector businesses that would not look on this too well - they'd pull the "bringing the business into disrepute" card.

That all bring said - innocent until proven guilty - there's bound to be a few reliable witnesses and/or CCTV to show what happened.

What a bizarre, yet somehow totally unsurprising situation we find ourselves in. If and it's a big "IF" McPake has assaulted someone and is convicted as a result he needs binned. A player getting done for assault is bad enough, but the actual manager doing the same would be utterly unacceptable.