All things Dundee FC

Ahh, a good weekend if I may say so in my opinion.

The DAB'S humiliated last night for all to see and chuckle, three points comfortably secured today for The Dark Blues and my good lady's Mighty Potters secure a win at Swansea.

Quality aged malt the order of the day I reckon.

Best regards

9 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Horrible performance from us today. Byrne, meekings, Forster and Mackie all terrible. Started off way too slow and rarely increased the tempo at all.

I assumed this was a dab alias but having had a quick swatch at previous posts it looks like a genuine Dee. 

None of those players put a foot wrong today although Byrne does remind me of the boards around a 5-a-side pitch at times - does a simple job without being creative. 

We didn't start off slow at all, but the 25 mins after the first 10 wasn't particularly edge of the seat stuff. 

Football fans have a tendency to micro-analyse and that's only ever going to end up with a negative viewpoint. If you want the perfect 90 minutes you are going to be perpetually disappointed. Read through the dab thread even before the Alloa game - cruising the league and they are borderline suicidal and virtually calling for Neilson's head because they aren't being entertained with tiki-taka every week.

We were in control for the entire game but once again the main point of concern is the lack of efforts on target but I'm taking solace from the fact that we won comfortably and a team like Man Utd only had 7 touches in AZ Alkmaar's box the other night, so it's all relative. 

Keep the faith. Peace. 

27 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Horrible performance from us today. Byrne, meekings, Forster and Mackie all terrible. Started off way too slow and rarely increased the tempo at all.

Are you the guy moaning on twitter? If so, I'll fight you on two fronts if I have to lol. It was a really good performance today, exactly what I expect.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I assumed this was a dab alias but having had a quick swatch at previous posts it looks like a genuine Dee. 

None of those players put a foot wrong today although Byrne does remind me of the boards around a 5-a-side pitch at times - does a simple job without being creative. 

We didn't start off slow at all, but the 25 mins after the first 10 wasn't particularly edge of the seat stuff. 

Football fans have a tendency to micro-analyse and that's only ever going to end up with a negative viewpoint. If you want the perfect 90 minutes you are going to be perpetually disappointed. Read through the dab thread even before the Alloa game - cruising the league and they are borderline suicidal and virtually calling for Neilson's head because they aren't being entertained with tiki-taka every week.

We were in control for the entire game but once again the main point of concern is the lack of efforts on target but I'm taking solace from the fact that we won comfortably and a team like Man Utd only had 7 touches in AZ Alkmaar's box the other night, so it's all relative. 

Keep the faith. Peace. 

Exactly this.

Aye the slow build up play was frustrating, but better waiting for a gap to open than aimlessly punting the ball up the park in the hope that Hemmings might get a glancing touch. It's difficult to break a team down with all 11 of their players in their own half.

Two fine finishes from McDaid. The second one was really well worked and delightfully finished. Some good blocked, too, from the Red Lichties too, yet all and all it was reasonably comfortable, albeit frustrating in the lateral possession when forward passing was feasible.
The defence was ok. Looked, and it pains me to say it, better balanced without Cammy. Hamilton let one high ball drift and drop when he should have claimed it, but apart from that he was solid.
I like Dorrans, he is class and the middle of the pitch looked better than usual. McGowan played pretty well too.

The worst thing about today were the fans in the Bobby Cox. Fucking embarrassment to the club at times, moaning at every little thing that irked them even slightly. Hamilton got screamed at for not going for the ball when in fact his communication with the defense today was spot on, and any time we brought the pace to our preferred level at the back they lost their shit. I really hope they learn to relax and not be constantly mad at everything in the future, but I don't expect much.

According to the match report, today's was the first time in all of 2019 that we've been ahead of any team by 2 goals in a league game. As depressing a stat as that is, it's good to have finally done it and got the monkey off of our back.

Edit: Only just realised I had it as "the first time in all of 2019 that we've been ahead of any team in a league game". It's no that depressing haha

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Are you the guy moaning on twitter? If so, I'll fight you on two fronts if I have to lol. It was a really good performance today, exactly what I expect.
P&B crashed when I was composing my last reply. So far imo McPake hasn't delivered good football, which is hard when you have Meekings, Forster and Hamilton in your defence, or results so far. He is the one that sets the team up, and picks the players. It must have been him that told the centre backs to pass it back and forth between themselves just for the sake of it. Byrne is just a headless chicken imo, runs about and doesn't get involved much in the game. He isn't a creative player, or a defensive one, and i can see why he couldn't get a game for Livi last year. Mackie rubbish today. Enough said about him.

Only positive was that we didn't concede, McDaid took his goals well and Dorrans looks like a great signing.

Result masked the performance today. Don't think that it didn't. Game was wrapped up at 2-0 on the hour but we didn't have a shot after that for 30 minutes.

Just because we "dominated" doesn't mean we actually did anything useful with the ball. Just passed it around for the sake of it.

The worst thing about today were the fans in the Bobby Cox. Fucking embarrassment to the club at times, moaning at every little thing that irked them even slightly. Hamilton got screamed at for not going for the ball when in fact his communication with the defense today was spot on, and any time we brought the pace to our preferred level at the back they lost their shit. I really hope they learn to relax and not be constantly mad at everything in the future, but I don't expect much.
So if we conceded from that chance in the box when the defence doesn't deal with it properly, and Hamilton stays rooted on his line, would you not be annoyed aswell if he didn't come for the ball when it was 5 yards away? Players make bad decisions all the time, we know that, but we can surely get on at him when he doesn't bother coming out to collect a cross from 5 yards out that could well end up being a goal for Arbroath.

3 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

P&B crashed when I was composing my last reply. So far imo McPake hasn't delivered good football, which is hard when you have Meekings, Forster and Hamilton in your defence, or results so far. He is the one that sets the team up, and picks the players. It must have been him that told the centre backs to pass it back and forth between themselves just for the sake of it. Byrne is just a headless chicken imo, runs about and doesn't get involved much in the game. He isn't a creative player, or a defensive one, and i can see why he couldn't get a game for Livi last year. Mackie rubbish today. Enough said about him.

Only positive was that we didn't concede, McDaid took his goals well and Dorrans looks like a great signing.

Result masked the performance today. Don't think that it didn't. Game was wrapped up at 2-0 on the hour but we didn't have a shot after that for 30 minutes.

Just because we "dominated" doesn't mean we actually did anything useful with the ball. Just passed it around for the sake of it.

Pish.

You have to give credit where it's due.

I'm not the biggest fan of Forster but he and Meekings did their jobs well today. The midfield was organised and Hemmings put in a hell of a shift.

McPake got his tactics spot on today.

Dee man. RE your comments on Byrne, ie a 5 a side player. Does a simple job etc.

Just my opinion on this, but he's brutal. Not a creative player, and not a defensive one. He's not quick on or off the ball, and doesn't constantly look to want the ball all the time.

Doesn't offer anything to the team imo, and is showing us why he couldn't get in a team that played shite football like livi did last year.

Dorrans was fantastic today and McDaid took his goals well.

Just being realistic today. Not sugarcoating anything for the sake of it

Pish.
You have to give credit where it's due.
I'm not the biggest fan of Forster but he and Meekings did their jobs well today. The midfield was organised and Hemmings put in a hell of a shift.
McPake got his tactics spot on today.
Just because we won and dominated doesn't mean we played well at all[emoji23][emoji23]

Nah that's enough internet for me today [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]ffs ahahahahahah

We won the game (scored more than them) and dominated (had more of the ball) but we didn't play well. Don't know what's so hard to grasp[emoji23] a better team than Arbroath wouldve exposed Mackie on the left, Byrne in midfield and the two donkeys at CB. Meekings caught napping on the ball in the first half almost cost us a goal.

Happy that we actually won a football match but we were dreadful. Would want to be entertained when I pay hundreds of pounds a year to watch my team, but that's too hard to ask.