All things Dundee FC

Nah, Dorrans wants to get further forward. Just need to find the most natural combination of players and we should have a functioning midfield within the coming weeks hopefully. I imagine my ideal team at this time as a 4-3-1-2:
Hamilton
Kerr, McGhee, Forster, Marshall
Ness, Byrne, Robertson
Dorrans
Hemmings/Johnson, Nelson
Feel like we should try this more central approach, as having wingers seriously doesn't seem to be doing much for us.

I agree with your team. Young McPake has shown nothing and McDaid not enough.
Dorrans does come deep though.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I agree with your team. Young McPake has shown nothing and McDaid not enough.
Dorrans does come deep though.

Thank you for agreeing, but I contend your slating of McPake. He played shite against Queens no doubt, but has had good showings against Aberdeen and Alloa. For now, in blaming that awful Palmerston pitch unless McPake continues to underperform, which I don't think he will do.

Despite all that, I still want to see us try the more central, less wing-oriented formations we've been using of late, just to see if it works better.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Thank you for agreeing, but I contend your slating of McPake. He played shite against Queens no doubt, but has had good showings against Aberdeen and Alloa. For now, in blaming that awful Palmerston pitch unless McPake continues to underperform, which I don't think he will do.

Despite all that, I still want to see us try the more central, less wing-oriented formations we've been using of late, just to see if it works better.

He didn't play against Aberdeen, do you mean ICT?

He was shite at Cappielow too. He’s a young lad, no doubt with a great future but we shouldn’t compromise our chances aiding the development of a young ***.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I only saw McPake against Alloa and he was the best player on the pitch. A player at that age, nevermind a winger at this level is going to be inconsistent.

I dont think hes got it in him at this level because of his age. Fin is younger but has a bit about him, he doesnt get bullied much considering hes just finished school

Next 2 derbies moved to the Friday (8th November and 27th December) and live on BT.
c***s. I've got fives on friday.

As much as I think Robertson has held his own in midfield should we maybe drop him.
Midfield for me is clearly the issue both defensively and attacking. Just think individually we have alright players but as a team we are shite

Could try 4-1-2-3

Usual defence

Byrne

Robertson Dorrans

Nelson Hemmings Johnson

Need to reduce the gap between midfield and attack and I'd expect Robertson and Dorrans to find the right kind of pass. McPake to give additional width later on.

15 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Could try 4-1-2-3

Usual defence

Byrne

Robertson Dorrans

Nelson Hemmings Johnson

Need to reduce the gap between midfield and attack and I'd expect Robertson and Dorrans to find the right kind of pass. McPake to give additional width later on.

That set up is not a bad idea.  I really can’t understand why McDaid has kept his place in the team.   Call me old fashioned but if you play a winger you expect them to beat their man and get a decent cross in.  McDaid usually does neither IMO.

c***s. I've got fives on friday.

As much as I think Robertson has held his own in midfield should we maybe drop him.
Midfield for me is clearly the issue both defensively and attacking. Just think individually we have alright players but as a team we are shite

I kind of agree with that. Robertson has been a revelation but if playing him is meaning we can’t accommodate Byrne it’s worth a go. He tends to have 1 really good half. Don’t get me wrong I still think he is fantastic.

I kind of agree with that. Robertson has been a revelation but if playing him is meaning we can’t accommodate Byrne it’s worth a go. He tends to have 1 really good half. Don’t get me wrong I still think he is fantastic.
Yup in agreement but something has to give and if it dosnt then ultimately it will be mcpake and his job

13 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Apparently 19 year ago today Cannigia signed. f**k me I’m getting old!

I was in Rimini ahead of a Scotland v San Marino match. Thought I'd better phone home to report I was still living and the missus says that Dundee have signed some Argentinian and there's been a bit of a fuss. Jokingly I said Maradonna and she says no it's some other boy called canagee or something 

Claudio Cannigia says me, aye that's the name. Queue me and my 2 mates dancing about the street daft watched by loads of bemused Italians. Happy days

5 hours ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

I was in Rimini ahead of a Scotland v San Marino match. Thought I'd better phone home to report I was still living and the missus says that Dundee have signed some Argentinian and there's been a bit of a fuss. Jokingly I said Maradonna and she says no it's some other boy called canagee or something 

Claudio Cannigia says me, aye that's the name. Queue me and my 2 mates dancing about the street daft watched by loads of bemused Italians. Happy days

Happy days indeed!  Used to be confident Scotland could beat teams like San Marino 😂