All things Dundee FC

He didn't say we have to wait 3 seasons, he just pointed out that did. Hopefully things gel asap, but there's not point whining and moaning about it right now. I state once more, it only September and people want wholesale changes. I see that mindset as redundant and unhelpful. 

LOL. Changes.... I just want a bunch of players who look like they give a shit. A team that looks like they train together. This team right now look they dont know each other and havnt a clue what's going on.

We were seriously hurt by the signings McCann made but the one key signing for the DABS is Shankland who at the end of the day was an Ayr player not some hot shot leaving Celtic or Rangers. The push to become a dominant side in this league isnt that huge.  Our signing policy over time has been awful.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I would hate to see you run a team, fire the manager every month and probably run them into liquidation after a season.

Youre right, thank god we have Nelms doing it, what a success he has been.

Don't want to argue with my fellow Dees ffs, just frustrated at the constant negativity. It's shite enough watching week in week out. Keeping my positivity as much as I can, which I feel will be justified later on in the season. We will come good, I wholly believe it. If others don't, sucks but whatever.

Don't want to argue with my fellow Dees ffs, just frustrated at the constant negativity. It's shite enough watching week in week out. Keeping my positivity as much as I can, which I feel will be justified later on in the season. We will come good, I wholly believe it. If others don't, sucks but whatever.
This is how far we have came whether we are arguing whether a draw against QOS is a good result or not

Wait until 5 years time when we have moved stadium, top flight football and playing in Europe

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

The worst thing for me is that I genuinely  don’t think Shankland would be scoring freely if he was playing for us.  That is a measure of how far off the pace we are.

This.

You could have Messi and Ronaldo and they would struggle to score because our midfield are so fucking slow in giving service.

37 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

We were seriously hurt by the signings McCann made but the one key signing for the DABS is Shankland who at the end of the day was an Ayr player not some hot shot leaving Celtic or Rangers. The push to become a dominant side in this league isnt that huge.  Our signing policy over time has been awful.

Agreed about signings - again this season we left it way too late - it's ridiclous signing Dorrans and Hemmings so late in the day and expecting them suddenly to gel and fit in right away.

That being said, I'd like to see some signs of progress - I am struggling to make a case that there is any.  If if there were a glimmer of the team beginning to gel you might accept the results but we have been seriously pish so far and don't look like getting any better.

I honestly think McPake doesn't have a plan B when it comes to tactics - he's making the same mistakes as McCann with his tippa-tappa shite.  It's like a record that is stuck - any team that faces us just needs to sit in because we will either give the ball away so they break up the park or one of our  defenders has a a brainfart.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Just now, G_Man1985 said:
2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
We now have three players who have scored more league goals to date than super striker Kate Hemmings.
Two of the three aren’t even forwards!

^^^^ Trying too hard

Touché.

45 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
We now have three players who have scored more league goals to date than super striker Kate Hemmings.
Two of the three aren’t even forwards!

^^^^ Trying too hard

I’ve no issues with GD, or anyone for that matter,  making fun of our attacking capabilities.  What I do think is outdated at best and sexist at worse is thinking that calling someone a female’s name is acceptable as a form of insult (there can be no other plausible reason) in today’s modern society?  Very strange for a man who claims to care about equality in our society.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’ve no issues with GD, or anyone for that matter,  making fun of our attacking capabilities.  What I do think is outdated at best and sexist at worse is thinking that calling someone a female’s name is acceptable as a form of insult (there can be no other plausible reason) in today’s modern society?  Very strange for a man who claims to care about equality in our society.

😂

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

You’re right, this one has run its course in upsetting silly Funsters. I should start using his correct first name.  Kane.