All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Hold on, you threw a tantrum a while back after I dug up an old post of yours. 

Disgusting double standards. 

Almost as bad double standards as failing to sell out the away end for the Doon Derby then slagging off Dundee for taking several days to sell out the away end at Tannadice...........

I think the big problem with midfield is that Byrne, Ness and Robertson all look best suited to playing the defensive midfield role and we don’t have anyone that’s naturally a right or left midfielder in the mould of Rafferty and Connor (an example for the older posters)  instead we’ve got guys like McDaid and Todd who look more like out and out wingers. 
I think Byrne gets a bit of unmerited stick tbh. 

Can’t get agree on Byrne. Anonymous in every match I’ve seen. Todd is less of an out and out winger than McDaid imo and deserves a starting berth.

20 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
21 hours ago, Juantwothree said:
I went to school with Greg, little know fact at school he was a striker then ended up a CBemoji2955.png

Did you go to baldragon I take it ? He lives two doors up from me. A good guy. I will be in attendance

Yeah went to macalpine primary with him aswell. I go on holiday the day after his testimonial but I'll try and get to it

1 minute ago, LM_0803 said:

Couldn't care less about the league cup QF matches tonight, but was happy to see Hearts beat the sheep, given the way in which we lost against them in August having dominated the gameemoji1.png

Gave up a last minute equaliser in regular time, and did a United in the PKs. Pretty enjoyable.

Sorry guys. I know it’s still early in the season but I’m now absolutely convinced that McPake is not up to it.  How can he have Nelson, Johnson and Hemmings at his disposal and not work out a system to give them regular chances in front of goal?  It’s not just one or two games this has happened.  Just about every game has been the same. 

Just zero tempo, zero movement and very little will to win in that side. Player for player it's probably the strongest we've been since Hartley revamped us, but the performances are utterly horrendous. 

I'd never be in favour of punting McPake this season, but he needs someone to help him fix things on the attacking side. Himself, Mackay and Nicholl are all defenders. Perhaps more worryingly is that those 3 can't seem to sort how soft we are at the back either.

On the plus side, Dorrans will make a difference when fully up to speed, that much was clear for the first 35 minutes or so but we have very, very little creativity to do more than slink into the play-off spots.