All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Any more signings ? Or is this what we are stuck with until January and we hope to start playing football soon.

I really can't imagine it, as the budget seems overstretched as it is. In a perfect world we'd have CH cover and maybe another GK, but I think this is our lot. Once Dorrans gets up to speed I hope he martials the offense into not being painful to watch.

Right now I'm saying nothing about our next game, don't have the mental fortitude for it atm. Hoping for a win.

I really can't imagine it, as the budget seems overstretched as it is. In a perfect world we'd have CH cover and maybe another GK, but I think this is our lot. Once Dorrans gets up to speed I hope he martials the offense into not being painful to watch.
Right now I'm saying nothing about our next game, don't have the mental fortitude for it atm. Hoping for a win.
Hoping for a win against Queen of the South is what I like to hear.
Live on TV for viewers to see a good game.

This is when we turn up, I can feel it.

42 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

QoS, Arbroath then Thistle.  I really want to see 3 wins here.  Anything less just piles on the image that this squad doesn't have what it takes to be in play-off contention (forget anything to do with league champions at this point).

Pretty much this. If we can't get a minimum of 7 points from 9 here, then we are looking at 5th (4th at a massive push) as a realistic target. 9 points and we might just about be optimistic in looking at the top spots.

Cue 89 minutes of total domination but no goals on Friday, followed by a last-minute sucker punch....

Just now, SpiderDee said:

Will Dorrans be playing from the start on Friday you think? 

If he's had a bad run of injuries will he be risked on a plastic pitch ?

Guess we can count Ness out as well?

Drop McGowan and start Hemmings alongside the Ginger Assassin

He says he's been training from April and he has no concerns about playing on grass or astro, he just needs to build up his match sharpness as he feels quite a bit off. Probably a sub again, I reckon.

Signs of progress is all I ask for.
I read people talking up recent games, and thats nonsense.
We lack basics like commitment and effort, let alone tactical nouse. Any neutral looking at our games would be shocked, I think some Dees are blinded by club bias.
That's what concerns me - he just seems tactically inept. It was clear that one up front against Alloa was not working - because our midfield couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo - yet he persists with it again. It's not a shock our strikers don't score when they do have chance because if you are getting splinters in your arse on the bench you are rarely match sharp when you have a chance.

He needs to bin one up front - clearly we can't defend - or more accurately - we go to sleep at defensive set pieces - better to attack and go for it than this slow ponderous shite he keeps going with.

Stop trying yo walk the ball in the net - if we're shoot then hit the fucking target.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That's what concerns me - he just seems tactically inept. It was clear that one up front against Alloa was not working - because our midfield couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo - yet he persists with it again. It's not a shock our strikers don't score when they do have chance because if you are getting splinters in your arse on the bench you are rarely match sharp when you have a chance.

He needs to bin one up front - clearly we can't defend - or more accurately - we go to sleep at defensive set pieces - better to attack and go for it than this slow ponderous shite he keeps going with.

Stop trying yo walk the ball in the net - if we're shoot then hit the fucking target.

There can’t be too many of us convinced on Saturday after seeing the starting 11 and the presumed formation that we were going to win. That 11 are too slow in getting the ball forward. Think Gowser gives us more coming off the bench now than starting. 

Think Gowser gives us more coming off the bench now than starting. 

Have been saying this for quite a while. Think he would do well as an impact sub. Just let him come on for 20 minutes or so and run around like a headless chicken.
Midfield is by far our weakest part of the team. Just seems so disjointed

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Have been saying this for quite a while. Think he would do well as an impact sub. Just let him come on for 20 minutes or so and run around like a headless chicken.
Midfield is by far our weakest part of the team. Just seems so disjointed

I think the big problem with midfield is that Byrne, Ness and Robertson all look best suited to playing the defensive midfield role and we don’t have anyone that’s naturally a right or left midfielder in the mould of Rafferty and Connor (an example for the older posters)  instead we’ve got guys like McDaid and Todd who look more like out and out wingers. 

I think Byrne gets a bit of unmerited stick tbh. 

I think if most of us had been offered the squad as is before the start of the season we would have bit Nelm's hand off (some moans about goalkeepers aside).

We're quite strong on paper and young as well, we just need to get it right on the pitch. 

It will take time yet and needs given time.

I wonder if there is anywhere I can bet on our second half of the season being far better than the first.

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

😂

20 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Good to see you have nothing better to do with your time other than going through all our old posts.

Obsessed 

He’s only obsessed when United are winning.  Goes missing when things are bad.  The very worse sort of poster IMO.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

He’s only obsessed when United are winning.  Goes missing when things are bad.  The very worse sort of poster IMO.

He should have been banned from here after the vile abuse I had to put up with, wasn't the first time either, challenging other posters to fight etc, but no, here he is again, trying to be the 'funny boy'. Well suited, because he is an absolute clown of a man. 

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

We're playing Lochee United in a testimonial match for Greg Kirk, a Chee stalwart, on October 6th at (I presume) Thomson Park. Hoping to take all 3 points from this one, McPake out if we don't.

I went to school with Greg, little know fact at school he was a striker then ended up a CB🤨