All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Billy King is shite. Not sure why some of you lot are pining for him.

Yep.  I remember when we signed him, a lot of our fans were quite excited about him.  He scored a cracking goal against Celtic but other than that, offered little.  His only attribute is he can run fast and not a lot else.

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Yep.  I remember when we signed him, a lot of our fans were quite excited about him.  He scored a cracking goal against Celtic but other than that, offered little.  His only attribute is he can run fast and not a lot else.

I take it he didn't play much for ICT. King's not particularly fast but he does have two good feet, can go either way and has a decent shot and delivery off either foot. Unfortunately he has the heart of a mouse. That's what will hold him back. When push comes to shove he'll be found wanting or will simply disappear. If he had a bit more dig he'd be a very decent Premiership level player; as it is he'll likely find his level somewhere near the middle/bottom of the Championship.

I can see him doing a good job for the Dee.

Edited by Pull My Strings

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I take it he didn't play much for ICT. King's not particularly fast but he does have two good feet, can go either way and has a decent shot and delivery off either foot. Unfortunately he has the heart of a mouse. That's what will hold him back. When push comes to shove he'll be found wanting or will simply disappear. If he had a bit more dig he'd be a very decent Premiership level player; as it is he'll likely find his level somewhere near the middle/bottom of the Championship.

I can see him doing a good job for the Dee.

According to Wikipedia, he made 26 appearances for us.  Considering I was at most, if not all those games, I remember very little of what he contributed. 

Edited by Highland Capital

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

McCann on the radio saying he wanted to sign Hemmings when he was in charge but Hemmings wasn't interested.

Surely you don't believe him?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surely you don't believe him?

What's not to believe? Hemmings made it known publicly that he had no intention of coming back to Scotland and was snapped up by Notts County.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's not to believe? Hemmings made it known publicly that he had no intention of coming back to Scotland and was snapped up by Notts County.

Every time I've heard McCann talk about Dundee since he was sacked, hes had some story about how someone turned him down/refused him something, and how different it would've been if it had happened.

I'd be surprised, if Hemmings scores, you don't hear McCann claiming he'd have got that out of him and thats all his Dundee team were missing to be successful.

29 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

He wouldn't have signed because of the Scott Bain situation, fairly obvious imo

By the sounds of things it was before his fall out with Bain, it was when he first came in.

19 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Was dorrans ever linked or just wishful thinking?

6 hours ago, Dele said:

He has offers from England and abroad. At his age, he might be looking to maximise his earnings before signing for Dundee as a 39 year old crippled mess. 

5 hours ago, Crawford said:

A-la Charles of Adam

In fairness to Charlie Adam, he was quoted after signing for Reading that not one Scottish club had made an approach when he was available.

Definitely would have been a positive influence at Dens, on so many levels imho.

All's not lost maybe, last time I looked he's hardly been involved there. Kept saying he wants to play football, although that'll be a decent wedge he's currently on.

Best regards 

24 minutes ago, Dele said:

Why not?

Hero. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Every time I've heard McCann talk about Dundee since he was sacked, hes had some story about how someone turned him down/refused him something, and how different it would've been if it had happened.

I'd be surprised, if Hemmings scores, you don't hear McCann claiming he'd have got that out of him and thats all his Dundee team were missing to be successful.

I'm sure its just coincidence hes waited until Hemmings signed for Dundee, to mention he almost signed him 2 years ago.

I'm fairly sure this isn't the first time hes name dropped a well known name as someone he "tried to sign but couldn't", as if its not his fault he ended up with Moussa as he tried everything else.