All things Dundee FC

1 on 1 against Ayr when Forster was caught napping.
Same people who cant see past forster.
I'm sure I watch different games.
Derby he was stinking
Dunfermline he cost a goal.
Ayr he could of.

He scares me being back in our defence.

But we still go on about Hamilton.
That goal against dunfermline wasnt Hamilton fault.

Meh we are stuck with what we have and we just need to get on with it.

3 hours ago, Muggy said:

The Dunfermline goal where he came out flapping and missed the ball completely? As I said above, it’s more about what he doesn’t do than what he does do. He rarely comes for cross balls or balls into his box which is hurting us. It’s a basic facet of goalkeeping that he completely avoids and it puts us under pressure. I’ll name a few goals in the derby too. If Hamilton came and tried to punch the ball at least then I’d be happy that he was showing some form of presence. I think you’d see how bad Hamilton is if we had a goalie who came in and done the basics. He’s the worst number one keeper I’ve ever seen at Dens.

Is Bobby Geddes the problem here. He’s been the goalkeeping coach that’s saw Bain and Dieng being keepers that came out and dominated their box to ones which all of a sudden start staying on their line. Then there’s the current incumbent, the less said about him the better. 

3 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Surely there will be a couple of free agents signing today or before next Saturdays game. We cant go until January with that squad and hope to be in the play off positions

There is no reason why we can't make a play-off spot this season unless we go in to some reall free-fall of bad results.  Games against Ayr and ITC indicate fairly tight matches and so far we have at least coped.  If the DABS pull away, so be it but by the look of Thistle, Morton, QoS and so on right now, these are teams this squad can match up to.  It is whether or not we can actually get through the pressure of play-offs  and of course a Premier team final.  Right now, I would say no.

I feel like people need to remember that United are miles ahead of any other team in this league, it's just fact, and comparatively with the rest of the league I feel we are easily up there. I might be one of the few but I'm relatively happy with our current group of players. Do I have the utmost confidence in Hamilton as our first-choice goalie? Not particularly as I'm well aware of his ability to f**k things up, but I feel that he has largely performed fine outside of the derby game and the first half vs. the Pars. Think he'll be fine, and at worst will tide us over until January. As for the defense, I find Forster quite frustrating, as at times he can be a strong and effective defender, and others he makes the most basic of mistakes and costs us. I still feel our current crop of defenders is decent overall for this level and will see us through (hopefully comfortably) into the play-offs. Would be happy with signing a couple free agents aka King to bolster our depth too, of course. Just got to get the relatively new squad to gel together I feel. United's only made minor additions to a solid core and are reaping the benefits from it. My hope is - well, we get promoted this season, but failing that - we go have a similarly good squad that we don't need to alter too much come next season, and hopefully romp the league next season.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I feel like people need to remember that United are miles ahead of any other team in this league, it's just fact, and comparatively with the rest of the league I feel we are easily up there. I might be one of the few but I'm relatively happy with our current group of players. Do I have the utmost confidence in Hamilton as our first-choice goalie? Not particularly as I'm well aware of his ability to f**k things up, but I feel that he has largely performed fine outside of the derby game and the first half vs. the Pars. Think he'll be fine, and at worst will tide us over until January. As for the defense, I find Forster quite frustrating, as at times he can be a strong and effective defender, and others he makes the most basic of mistakes and costs us. I still feel our current crop of defenders is decent overall for this level and will see us through (hopefully comfortably) into the play-offs. Would be happy with signing a couple free agents aka King to bolster our depth too, of course. Just got to get the relatively new squad to gel together I feel. United's only made minor additions to a solid core and are reaping the benefits from it. My hope is - well, we get promoted this season, but failing that - we go have a similarly good squad that we don't need to alter too much come next season, and hopefully romp the league next season.

I think our current squad is better than what we had in the last few years.

A strong goalkeeper was a must but it looks like we have to make do with flapjack. A free agent keeper is usually free for a reason so doubt we would find better.

We should comfortably finish second but haven't given up on finishing top. I think the Derby was a freakshow for numerous reasons and not a sign of things to come.

The whole no dabs at dens thing doesn’t bother me as long as they make the team better..will king do that? Not so sure but there was a player there once upon a time so I assume he just needs a team where it’ll just click

I can't see what Billy King will bring to the squad that is any different (or any better) than McDaid, McPake, Todd or even at a push Nelson will. 

For me he literally only adds depth on the wings, a position I'm not sure we need any more bodies. 

6 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Surely there will be a couple of free agents signing today or before next Saturdays game. We cant go until January with that squad and hope to be in the play off positions

Saying that for months. Bar Kane Hemmings I've had to Google every signing to find out who they are and who they last played for. Imagine waiting until the free agent list comes out before adding to a squad that is now out of the League Cup and seven points behind the Championship leaders. Smacks of ineptitude or cost cutting.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Might just be my sleep-deprived brain being stupid, but can loan signings be made after the deadline or is it only free agents? I assume the latter of course.

Only free agents and emergency loans but no idea what qualifies as an emergency.