All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Never meant to quote this.

I've never claimed to be ITK. I get told two signings, I post "expect two". If it falls through, so be it. 

Edit : to take a line out.

No probs, any idea of the position or was ‘expect 2’ as far as it goes?

praying for an attacking midfielder....

Edited by Yenitit

Instil confidence? I have no idea if he does that or not and not sure how you do unless you play alongside him? And as for not coming for crosses, I’ve no idea where you’re getting that from. His distribution is pretty poor and if you’re going to criticise thin that’s the area I’d pick out but the two things you’ve mentioned is just lazy criticism.

I don’t think it takes first hand experience to acknowledge that Hamilton is not a goalkeeper who instils confidence in his defence. I’m actually astonished that you can’t see that Hamilton rarely comes for crosses or punts into his box and when he does he appears hesitant and/or misses the ball completely (ala Dunfermline). He’s rooted to his line far too often. He rarely attempts to come and punch the call as Siegrest done in the derby game. I’m sorry but he’s an absolute liability and I was one of the ones trying to convince myself that he had turned a corner. He hasn’t.

I don't think we do. However [emoji102]
However ??

Just think Ness and Byrne are too similar. In that they're both slow and look to pass sideways or back the majority of the time. McGowan, as much as he puts in for effort, is past his best for us. He can still be effective, but he isn't the player he was it seems. Robertson isn't the quickest either, but been one of our best performers.

Just my opinion on why we should go for a fast, attacking midfielder. Hopefully the attacker you've been on about.[emoji102]

Well what an underwhelming day, worse than even I predicted.
Cheers Dundee, not even meeting the minimum takes some doing.
Agreed.

Don't understand why we loaned a very inexperienced left back when priorities should have been elsewhere on the park.

Even if we needed a left back I'm not convinced he's had anything like enough experience at even this level.

6 games for Edinburgh City in the past 2 years does not look like an inspiring signing.

I don’t think it takes first hand experience to acknowledge that Hamilton is not a goalkeeper who instils confidence in his defence. I’m actually astonished that you can’t see that Hamilton rarely comes for crosses or punts into his box and when he does he appears hesitant and/or misses the ball completely (ala Dunfermline). He’s rooted to his line far too often. He rarely attempts to come and punch the call as Siegrest done in the derby game. I’m sorry but he’s an absolute liability and I was one of the ones trying to convince myself that he had turned a corner. He hasn’t.

Dunfermline goal , you are genuinely not blaming Hamilton for that goal? The defence had a mare for both goals.

You named 1 thing he hasn't did well at for a goal this season and that 1 thing I cant agree with.
You can go on about how bad he was last season and how much of a liability he was and how he is shite then , but this season he hasn't did much wrong, yet ?
We have a lot bigger issues ( midfield and centre half pairing) and we go sign ..... a lect back who has played a handful of games for a league 2 team.

Biggest deals yesterday was getting Curran and Davies off our books. However I reckon everyone expected some other signing. ( maybe still will ?)

Dunfermline goal , you are genuinely not blaming Hamilton for that goal? The defence had a mare for both goals.

You named 1 thing he hasn't did well at for a goal this season and that 1 thing I cant agree with.
You can go on about how bad he was last season and how much of a liability he was and how he is shite then , but this season he hasn't did much wrong, yet ?
We have a lot bigger issues ( midfield and centre half pairing) and we go sign ..... a lect back who has played a handful of games for a league 2 team.

Biggest deals yesterday was getting Curran and Davies off our books. However I reckon everyone expected some other signing. ( maybe still will ?)

The Dunfermline goal where he came out flapping and missed the ball completely? As I said above, it’s more about what he doesn’t do than what he does do. He rarely comes for cross balls or balls into his box which is hurting us. It’s a basic facet of goalkeeping that he completely avoids and it puts us under pressure. I’ll name a few goals in the derby too. If Hamilton came and tried to punch the ball at least then I’d be happy that he was showing some form of presence. I think you’d see how bad Hamilton is if we had a goalie who came in and done the basics. He’s the worst number one keeper I’ve ever seen at Dens.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Worse than Derek Soutar? Naw

Soutar maybe put in one of the worst ever performances in a Dark Blue shirt down at East End Park that fateful day, but at least he got as far as getting on the pitch.

I haven’t seen 1 truly great or even good save from him. The lads a basket case.

Pity about Curran, given a chance I reckon he’d have scored 12 this season too. Hey ho he’s gone. No DABS at Dens.

1 on 1 against Ayr when Forster was caught napping.