All things Dundee FC

On 25/08/2019 at 14:55, RossDee01 said:

Not so sure, we don’t necessarily HAVE to win the league in order to go up, there’s always the playoffs. Of course it’s much easier to do it by winning the league but at least there’s always that second chance this time around which we’ve previously not had when in this league.

Yep, agreed we don't need to win the league to go up but, if we don't make a habit of winning our home games against our title/play-off challengers we may not make 4th and certainly won't win a play-off IMO.

On 25/08/2019 at 16:43, G_Man1985 said:

A year ago we were in a like higher up....
Easy question..
With this better squad we have ... will we get promoted?

Does it really matter what league we're in now compared to last season in terms of how we're looking?  OK, I know that seems a little foolish to say but I'd say we are looking better in terms of pretty much everything on the park now compared to last season.  

On 25/08/2019 at 16:55, Shadow Play said:

Excluding the Aberdeen match we are playing teams a whole division down from last year.

Until we start passing the ball quicker and making more meaningful runs off the ball we will struggle to win against against any well organised team.  I think it’s fair to say our first three league games have shown that.

So you don't think we are looking better than last season?  Slightly less shite than we were?  

4-2 to Celtic now. Considering the gaffe I saw Ferrie pull just there in that last goal, I'll be fine keeping Hamilton as our #1 for now lol. Oko-Flex went down in the box in theatrical fashion, but nicked the ball enough to where it meandered past an oblivious Ferrie into the net. Yikes.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

My team for Friday.

Hamilton

Kerr McGhee Forster Marshall

McGowan Robertson Byrne

Hemmings Johnson McDaid

• has to start with 4 at the back

• No Meekings (always seems to have a mistake in him imo)

• Ness could be a good option for Finlay if it's getting too physical for him in the 2nd half

• Not too sure about Byrne yet but gets about more than Ness imo

• McGowan has been off the pace recently but think this could be his game.

• Also think Johnson deserves another start up top with Hemmings, and also McDaid as he was good against Ayr and Aberdeen

• Nelson, McPake and Todd are good options off the bench to bring more balance to the team.
- Team looked more balanced in 2nd half Vs Ayr when 2 wingers and 2 strikers were on, and it was the same against Aberdeen with 2 wingers and Johnson up top on his own. Held the ball up better than Nelson did and put a shift in.

So, where we all going pre match on Friday? I’ve taken the day off so I’ll be starting early[emoji41]
I thought about this but as I'm on earlies and almost had the form filled last Friday to hand in but I think getting to the pub about 4pm is probably a wiser move for me these days. Probably just go to my usual stobie haunts for a scoop or 5 before braving it. Getting the "jangles" already. I work in arbroath. There's more crowing teuchter DABs from fucked up places like Friockheim than I can shake a shitty stick at so it's going to be a long week.

A "full dayer" I'd probably start in the town late lunchtime. Go for a nice meal then maybe a scoop or two closer to the grounds around tea time.

Were pretty lucky in Dundee really when you think of all the places that don't have pubs close to their grounds, we've loads.

I thought about this but as I'm on earlies and almost had the form filled last Friday to hand in but I think getting to the pub about 4pm is probably a wiser move for me these days. Probably just go to my usual stobie haunts for a scoop or 5 before braving it. Getting the "jangles" already. I work in arbroath. There's more crowing teuchter DABs from fucked up places like Friockheim than I can shake a shitty stick at so it's going to be a long week.

A "full dayer" I'd probably start in the town late lunchtime. Go for a nice meal then maybe a scoop or two closer to the grounds around tea time.

Were pretty lucky in Dundee really when you think of all the places that don't have pubs close to their grounds, we've loads.

frews is my choice normally decent boozer good pint. be missing pub this game as working until 7pm. lift to game and straight back no matter result

6 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Hamilton

Kerr
McGhee
Forster
Marshall

Ness
Byrne
Robbo

McPake

Hemmings
Johnson

Butcher would be sent off after about 3 mins trying to cripple McPake

That's the way to go. IMO. 2 up front. Attack them from the start.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again