All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

We're building a football team, not a one man curiosity. 

Best regards

'I'm not a DAB, I am a human being'

Image result for elephant man

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

4-5-1 seems to be our best formation so far, although that could be tempered by the absence of Ness who’s clearly a big player for us. 

Didn’t think we were in any danger of losing that game today until the last 5/10 minutes tbh, although we didn’t create too much ourselves. The 3 big lads at the back for Inverness all played pretty well today and the guy Rooney at right back is another player at this level who would improve. That’s no slight on Cammy who’s playing away well and starting to defend the back post better. 

I’d say a point against what is a division rival ain’t bad especially if we were as poor as people claim times gone by we would have played poorly and lost , spent years saying we need to turn possible losses into draws and poor draws into wins

I think of we had even any remote creativity in midfield we could challenge for the league but until that's addressed we've no chance unfortunately. Only Dundee could have potentially 3 of the best stickers/goalscorers in the league and be able to literally give them nothing to go on. 

Young lad Mcpake looked fairly decent but Todd isn't really winger or looks like someone who has goals or assists in hik despite his work rate and Mcdaid is frustrating. Hopefully Jazza has an attacking midfielder lined up it's all were missing as I don't think we will concede many.

6 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d say a point against what is a division rival ain’t bad especially if we were as poor as people claim times gone by we would have played poorly and lost , spent years saying we need to turn possible losses into draws and poor draws into wins

That's definitely a glass half-full spin mate.  But, if we have any hopes of going up we need to be winning pretty much all our home games against our challengers.  That said, we're looking a whole lot better than a year ago so it's all good.  

That's definitely a glass half-full spin mate.  But, if we have any hopes of going up we need to be winning pretty much all our home games against our challengers.  That said, we're looking a whole lot better than a year ago so it's all good.  

Not so sure, we don’t necessarily HAVE to win the league in order to go up, there’s always the playoffs. Of course it’s much easier to do it by winning the league but at least there’s always that second chance this time around which we’ve previously not had when in this league.

A year ago we were in a like higher up....
Easy question..
With this better squad we have ... will we get promoted?

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Excluding the Aberdeen match we are playing teams a whole division down from last year.

Until we start passing the ball quicker and making more meaningful runs off the ball we will struggle to win against against any well organised team.  I think it’s fair to say our first three league games have shown that.

6 hours ago, Maslow said:

Can we perhaps learn to take corners ?
At least put someone deep to header the ball back into the box when it's over hit.

That's what we're doing, trying to hit it to the back post for Forster to knock back across. Been trying to do it all summer but only really worked once V Aberdeen.

Impossible surely, are they not sold out yet after all you lot moaning???

Absolute tin pot club

United fans are really confident just now. They’ve sold out Tannadice and Shanks is banging the goals in.

Absolutely no chance this’ll all blow up in their coupons on Friday.