All things Dundee FC

Well that today was back to earth with a bump.
Good show against Aberdeen but league wise so far we look mid table fodder, still can't score from open play.
Smart money would be on a thorough pumping on Friday night.

We could have Ronadlo and Messi up front and wouldn't score - a complete lack of creativity and directness.

Far too ponderous and laboured.

Over-working the ball -  it's like McPake sees the game as a don't lose rather than must win.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Another clean sheet is a good sign. Another goalless performance is bad. If we're playing like that going forward then nobody is going to fear us, certainly not our neighbours. Maybe play a similar formation to what we played against Aberdeen on Friday, as we will defo need the fluidity.

Impressed with Cammy, Finlay and wee McPake today. Hemmings underperformed imo, Johnson and Byrne seemed absent to me, Forster continues to be the luckiest CB alive. McGhee and Marshall were fine, Gowser was meh, and McDaid was up and down. Nelson and Todd were OK off the bench, and I thought Hamilton had another positive display.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Another clean sheet is a good sign. Another goalless performance is bad. If we're playing like that going forward then nobody is going to fear us, certainly not our neighbours. Maybe play a similar formation to what we played against Aberdeen on Friday, as we will defo need the fluidity.

Impressed with Cammy, Finlay and wee McPake today. Hemmings underperformed imo, Johnson and Byrne seemed absent to me, Forster continues to be the luckiest CB alive. McGhee and Marshall were fine, Gowser was meh, and McDaid was up and down. Nelson and Todd were OK off the bench, and I thought Hamilton had another positive display.

100% agree. If you had to describe that in a single word it would be "static".

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Was pish but still undefeated this season in the league. 

Twats booing at the end though need to get a grip.

Well said Crawford, positive vibes after a disappointing result.

On holiday currently so cannot comment on today's game. However as Bill Shankly said to Brian Clough, "a league campaign is a marathon not a sprint".

We'll judge our challenge to Lawrence Shankland FC in the months ahead, not before the first transfer window has even closed.

Fresh start at Lawrence Shankland Park on Friday evening. Dabs best pray his injury issues do not return imho.

We're building a football team, not a one man curiosity. 

Best regards

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

4-5-1 on Friday, get the depth on the wings that I think we need to play from the sides that I think we seem to want to do more.

Hamilton

Kerr, McGhee, Meekings, Marshall

McDaid, Byrne, Ness, Robertson, McPake/Todd

Johnson/Hemmings

Todd & Hemmings to start. Johnson and Nelson on for Todd and McDaid for last 25 mins. More game time for McPake in the coming weeks. Sorted.