All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would have preferred a year long deal, but happy enough. Squad looks about done.

I would think if he's doing well there will be an option to extend until end of season as he wont get in the Rangers first team this year with the options they have.

1 minute ago, SpiderDee said:

I would think if he's doing well there will be an option to extend until end of season as he wont get in the Rangers first team this year with the options they have.

Every report about the deal mentions an option to extend for a full season. Dundee's own article doesn't say it though, so don't know if that's still a part of the deal or not.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Every report about the deal mentions an option to extend for a full season. Dundee's own article doesn't say it though, so don't know if that's still a part of the deal or not.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Rangers could have recalled him in January regardless.

59 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would imagine it's to January and either we pay them more or they lump him to another premiership team on loan.

23 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Would imagine it's to January and either we pay them more or they lump him to another premiership team on loan.

Think we will just be covering his wage, don't think there will be any other outlay bar that. 

Still think we need a CAM and a LB for cover but apart from that I'm quite pleased with how it's shaping up. 

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Brechin City FC and Manager Barry Smith have parted company by mutual agreement.

Shame

There used to be a Dundee fan who'd always batter on about what a great manager he was, at least that will stop. 

That Mcpake is a great signing surely, he looked outstanding in that youth cup final, best player on the pitch. 

If any Dundee fan wants a go with their new squad on FM, I've done an update for the SPFL divisions, and it includes your signing of McPake today.

I've just put him as a season long loan with a recall clause. Don't @ me about wages as I've no edited them for any club unless its obviously ridiculous. Means Hemmings might be a bit high, but Byrnes will be lower.

Quite hopeful this could be a shrewd bit of business done by McPake. With him being the under 18s coach last season and Strachan being the national manager a couple of years ago this’ll be a young lad they’ll  know a fair bit about will probably be 1 of the better players in Scotland for his age. 

Maybe him replacing Todd on Sunday and not changing the shape when we were really comfortable in the game would’ve seen us through, not that I thought he needed replaced anyway. If my auntie had baws and all the rest!

Edited by Yenitit

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Think we will just be covering his wage, don't think there will be any other outlay bar that. 

Still think we need a CAM and a LB for cover but apart from that I'm quite pleased with how it's shaping up. 

I meant they will probably look for an extra fee to keep him past January. Probably could have worded it better.

Agree we need another LB but we have been needing more players in that position for the last 3 years. 

Ticket update -

Season ticket holders can get one ticket per season ticket. If you have a child season ticket it can be upgraded to an adult ticket.

If you plan on buying the ticket online, you need to have your email and season ticket linked to buy them tomorrow.

I hope young McPake is a success, but a 17 year old winger, or attacking midfielder will most likely get a bit of a kicking in this league. He does look quite stocky in the picture, so hopefully he can hold his own, but its a big task for him to come into the pro game and get off to a flyer.

Yeah, I'm no sure how much you can really expect of a player that age no matter his talent. 17 year olds tend to be really inconsistent, especially ones who play the more 'flashy' positions, but still, it's another option at a position we're a bit lacking in so it's all good.

I think we need a #10/advanced midfielder type, cover at fullback, and definitely another keeper. The last is really the priority for me, because no matter how well Hamilton plays from one game to the next, I'd only finally be happy that he's not about to start chucking them in his own net every week again once he's been habitually solid for a good couple of seasons on the bounce. We don't have the time to wait for him to fail again.