All things Dundee FC

Credit where credit is due, Jack Hamilton looked a keeper today. Claimed a few that he had no right to go for and pulled off an excellent save just before Aberdeen got the equaliser.

That was an excellent performance for 89 minutes.

I take back some of what I said after Dunfermline though - I think the club *is* still a bit hungover from last season. Everyone on the pitch and in the stands just seemed punch drunk after the (totally undeserved) equaliser, and you kind of knew we were fucked. The subs obviously didn't help. I was surprised by the general air of resignation after what had up until then been a really gritty, upbeat performance played in front of an excellent atmosphere.

The fear will subside once winning becomes a habit, which fortunately it will because there are some really good players in this team. Really hard to pick a MOTM today. Johnson's hold-up play was tremendous given that he's not even a particularly big lad, and everyone in midfield was fantastic. Robertson could make the club a lot of money one day.

The 4-5-1 worked really well and gives the gaffer an interesting selection headache for next week. Hemmings has to play if fit, and so does Johnson on current form, and yet tactically we looked a lot better with only one striker today.

Outplayed them for 85 mins this afternoon. Gutting. Easy to blame Mcpake for the sub but its just one of those things. If we hold out we probably say it's a good sub but he will learn alot from that. I actually thought taking ness off was a big one as he was dominating the midfield at that point. Thought Forster was outstanding and hes clearly one those defenders that looks better the more physical of a challenge he gets. He looks clumsy when balls on the deck but looks great when it comes down to a battle. That clearance off the line was beautiful. Cammy was back to his best, Hamilton was good aswell and Mcdaid and Todd are coming onto a game now. Interesting as that looked out best formation but we surely cant have 2 of our 3 stickers on the bench can we? Hemmings has to play also yet Johnson was outstanding today. 

Absolutely no point getting to downbeat about that today. For years we have been battered today yet we fought for everything, looked hungry and sharp and caused them more problems that alot of other teams in the premier would of. We don't look like conceding many so if we can just add a bit more creativity (mcpake from rangers) and possibly an attacking midfielder then I think we've a great shot of winning the league.

Edited by Numptdee

Ness was absolutely knackered. I was gutted to see him go off, but he was looking over at the bench a few times just before he went off so not too sure if he indicated he wanted off or what.

So proud of Dundee today, we didn't have our main striker and McPake's subbies weren't the best (I bet more experienced managers than him would have made the same switch tbh - So as infuriating as it is, I can't really blame him). I think the big wrong sub that McPake made was bringing off Johnson for Nelson too early. Johnson was terrific at holding the ball up and whilst I get the logic of Nelson harassing tired defenders, I think the 60th minute mark was a wee bit too soon.

No-one let us down today. And Forster & McGhee dealt with Cosgrove admirably for 90 minutes. It's hard to pick a fault in any of them. We should be looking to hand Robertson an extended contract already - He won MotM by the BBC and he's won it when we've been on TV as well, clubs will undoubtedly come sniffing if he keeps that up.

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

A bed..... received_388294218544323.jpeg

Probably the best one Martin Woods and previously Kevin Gomis could hope for in their last professional footballing career circumstances, imho.

No disrespect intended, however all in the past for us all now, thankfully. 

Best regards 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Credit where credit is due, Jack Hamilton looked a keeper today. Claimed a few that he had no right to go for and pulled off an excellent save just before Aberdeen got the equaliser.

I’m his biggest critic but he played really well today. What a save just before the equaliser. 

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, I have also been criticising Forster all week but he was excellent today.

Had him as my MOTM. Won pretty much everything, distribution was much better and that clearance off the line was beautiful. He appears to me to look better when he can get into a battle. Thought he got the better of Cosgrove all game and looks excellent in that kind of game but when he has time on the ball or against a striker who's quick and runs the lines (nisbet) he gets dragged a bit and isnt mobile enough to deal with that kind of forward where Mcghee for example is the opposite.

He will be a big player for us this season especially with Meekings injury track record.