All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Speaking of which, merely thinking aloud and my opinion.

It really would not surprise me in the least if Davies and Curran have gotten the nod that Jim McIntyre and Billy Dodds are about to re-appear at another club in the near future.

Why else would they both seek to terminate and ask for a settlement on what are probably quite decent contracts unless new pastures are in the offing?

Anyway, merely a thought.

Best regards (except to those named above) 

Probably, right pair of rats. IMO.

eta. Carnoustie Panmure looking for a new boss?

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I really struggle to understand the pelters Curran and Davies are getting.  They got offered a contract, they accepted.  Obviously it never worked out for either of them (Davies especially) but is it their fault or the manager that signed them?  They did what everyone else would do.  Let's get over it and move on.

8 hours ago, doogster said:

I really struggle to understand the pelters Curran and Davies are getting.  They got offered a contract, they accepted.  Obviously it never worked out for either of them (Davies especially) but is it their fault or the manager that signed them?  They did what everyone else would do.  Let's get over it and move on.

If Davies has asked to leave with a payoff and/or having no intentions of getting fit and attempting to repay the club on the park then he is a thieving scumbag in my eyes. The only way he could leave with any shred of integrity is if he offered to leave without a pay off and letting us rip up his contract. 

8 hours ago, doogster said:

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

If Davies has asked to leave with a payoff and/or having no intentions of getting fit and attempting to repay the club on the park then he is a thieving scumbag in my eyes. The only way he could leave with any shred of integrity is if he offered to leave without a pay off and letting us rip up his contract. 

Curran at least has tried, he just happens to be an ineffectual striker. I wouldn't have a problem with giving him some sort of pay-off if he wants to leave and free up a squad place and wage. Davies however seems to have made very little effort to get fit. If Davies wants the money for the remainder of his contract then he can see the fucker out, either by getting fit and trying to get somewhere near a starting XI or by wasting the next couple of years training with the U-21s. 

9 hours ago, doogster said:

Curran gets pelters because he can’t score goals, no matter what club he plays for.  That is clearly an issue if you are a striker.   I know he works hard but that is not enough at any level of football. The grounds man at Dens works hard but that doesn’t mean I want him up front week in week out.  

As for Davies, with his history of injuries, coupled with his age, it was always unlikely we’d get many games out of him but even by his standards his contribution to the cause has been grim.  

Do I blame these players for taking their  wages and wanting as much money as they can get out of the club?  No.  

I blame the manager that they seem so willing to have signed for.  Does that mean I’m not going to voice my opinion about them?  No.

Edited by Shadow Play