All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The more I hear about him, the more I am intrigued. 

Word on the street is he was the man who made El Bak look good at Dunfermline and laid them on a plate for Shankland at Ayr but given the fact Shankland scored 4 without him the other day, I'm not so sure. 

You told us this 2 days ago and we believed you and are happy for you, don't know why you feel the need to keep telling us the same thing.

Like a few other Dees, I didn't want May, though I get why some would, I'd like us to go OTT and go for Kane Hemmings, I really hope we have at least asked Notts County about him.

Guaranteed goals.

This was in response to RG 2 weeks ago, I've been praying to Jim Whyte every night since.

The more I hear about him, the more I am intrigued. 

Yeah yeah be as intrigued as you like just back off.
Word on the street is he was the man who made El Bak look good at Dunfermline and laid them on a plate for Shankland at Ayr but given the fact Shankland scored 4 without him the other day, I'm not so sure. 

Yeah he was a perfect foil for El Bak and Shankland although I think the latter will do ok in the team Dundee Utd have got.

Moffats a funny one. He almost certainly won’t leave us now (unless we release him) but had he actually bothered his arse in football at a younger age he’d probably be playing in the top flight right now.

Hemmings is top class though. Big admirer of him since seeing him against us in the play offs for Cowdenbeath. Ripped us apart as did Greg Stewart.

Not so sure if the logic here. I thought he left because of family issues and if so, have they gotten any better ? If it was just money, fine, but if he comes to us and his family stays down south, then I can’t see him staying long. 

1 hour ago, mychurch said:

Not so sure if the logic here. I thought he left because of family issues and if so, have they gotten any better ? If it was just money, fine, but if he comes to us and his family stays down south, then I can’t see him staying long. 

I was on the St Johnstone thread bleating about how I can't see him coming back to Scotland for 2 reasons.

1. The family reasons he left Scotland for (His missus wanting back down South).
2. The money he was apparently on at Notts County (Oxford fans believed he was on around £6000pw).

The only thing I can think of is that he's either split up with his missus or thinks his career in English League is done with Notts County being relegated to the Conference.  This is all being assumed from someone that was openly mocking others for thinking he'd go to a team in the league above! The only plausible scenario I can think is that if he has a great season at us (Or St Johnstone or whomever) he could get a move to Aberdeen/Rangers or back down South at a higher level than he'd have been at this season.

That’s my reading as well. 

If he does want to use us to get a move to one of the top paying SPL sides, then it’s a win win and I’d be for it. If he wants 3 year deal with a high wage and no get out, i’d be very wary. 

A better signing that both Shankland and May wouldve been, fair fucks for that.

Count us out of any chase for him, as we bizarrely decided that a player who wants out a relegated side, and a club close to the brink trying to bring money in whilst bringing the wage bill down, would accept a loan deal.

Intensely jealous just now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

A better signing that both Shankland and May wouldve been, fair fucks for that.
Count us out of any chase for him, as we bizarrely decided that a player who wants out a relegated side, and a club close to the brink trying to bring money in whilst bringing the wage bill down, would accept a loan deal.
Intensely jealous just now.

Don’t be jealous just yet so far we haven’t signed him & remember we have been favourites to sign May according to some media reports on more than one occasion !

7 minutes ago, daftydee said:

Don’t be jealous just yet so far we haven’t signed him & remember we have been favourites to sign May according to some media reports on more than one occasion !

The journalist running the story is a Saints fan who broke the story we wanted him. I'd say you're safe to get excited unless some late drama happens ala May to us, as I doubt he'd contradict himself like that for the crack.

If Hemmings signs, we need a creator. He can occasionally produce a moment of magic, and he can hold the ball up well, but if we want him to do what he does ever so well then we'll need someone setting them up for him in the penalty area rather than making him chase lost causes.

The journalist running the story is a Saints fan who broke the story we wanted him. I'd say you're safe to get excited unless some late drama happens ala May to us, as I doubt he'd contradict himself like that for the crack.

I’m surprised the story has come out as it’s not the way Dundee have conducted signings lately, always fairly secretive except for the May deal I don’t think we really had a chance of May & I think it was put out to get other teams notice, I hope this is not the same. I also hope I’m totally wrong [emoji57]

4 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Whats Harkins up to? Bring him back in behind the striker and watch the good times roll.

Currently crocked on the Partick physio table AFAIK. As much as Harkins is one of my favourite Dees, I wouldn't want him back as it was clear from the few times I saw him play last season that his legs have gone completely. He can barely move at all. They were sitting him in front of the back four, mainly I think because he's just not capable of getting any further up the park these days 😉

26 minutes ago, GN 10 said:

Now on Sky Sports news. Hemmings expected to sign a 3 year deal today.. 

That's escalated my stauner into a rager.

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Currently crocked on the Partick physio table AFAIK. As much as Harkins is one of my favourite Dees, I wouldn't want him back as it was clear from the few times I saw him play last season that his legs have gone completely. He can barely move at all. They were sitting him in front of the back four, mainly I think because he's just not capable of getting any further up the park these days 😉

That's escalated my stauner into a rager.

Maybe it was because of that injury? Might see a Charnley-esque resurgence from GGH this year (Only permitted if he wears a Dark Blue shirt).

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

No buyout clause please.

Thank you.

To be honest, if a buy-out clause is the difference between him signing and not then we probably just have to suck it up.

Such clauses are about the only way most clubs in Scotland can bring in half-decent players.