All things Dundee FC

Just lifted this from Dark Blue Forum seems like an excellent idea to me:
At present, the club loses out on money from fans who don't have a spare £350 in their bank account. They lose out on PATG money from fans who can't make it that particular week. They lose out on money from fans who begrudge physically taking £24 out the bank half way through the month. The traditional season ticket/PATG system is outdated.

If we moved to a membership style system I am convinced it would result in more fans making a contribution to the club, more income to the club and higher attendances. Thinking about how it could work for DFC I would suggest 3 different categories of membership:

Gold - £35 per month (£420 per year)

1. Entry to all home games, including friendlies and cup games.
  2. Free kids tickets.
  3. Priority for away tickets.
  4. 10% discount in club shop.
  5. 10% discount on food/drink in ground.
  6. 10% discount on hospitality.
  7. Monthly draw to win hospitality
  8. Access to DeeTV highlights, interviews etc.

Silver - £30 per month (£360 per year)

1. Entry to all home league games.

Bronze - £10 per month (£120 per year)

1. 25% off PATG prices
  2. 10% discount club shop
  3. 10% discount on food/drink in ground
  4. 10% discount on hospitality.
  5. Monthly draw to win hospitality
  6. Access to DeeTV highlights, interviews etc.

The prices/discounts would of course need to be calculated for viability better than I have just done but something along those lines I believe would be popular. Psychologically a direct debit that comes out the start of every month is much less noticeable than having to pay a high lump sum once a year or physically taking cash out the bank.

A pretty good idea in theory, id love nothing more than to contribute to our club but its harder to convince most people given our chequered past with finances.

Do Hearts not have something like this that helped fund their new main stand?

Suppose we should bring up the DABs ticketing system. Instead of a season ticket they get an electronic card. You can also get an app on your phone for one off tickets saving the balls ache of going to the club shop. A system like this would probably add a chunk to the gate - the ticket is discounted if purchased in advance.

8 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Suppose we should bring up the DABs ticketing system. Instead of a season ticket they get an electronic card. You can also get an app on your phone for one off tickets saving the balls ache of going to the club shop. A system like this would probably add a chunk to the gate - the ticket is discounted if purchased in advance.

I'd assume you'd already have this system, as even Saints have the "e-Ticket" option these days.

Not only that, the app can let you pre-order food and drinks (pay by card on the app) and you pick them up from a collection point rather than wait in the queues at half time

8 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
49 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Not only that, the app can let you pre-order food and drinks (pay by card on the app) and you pick them up from a collection point rather than wait in the queues at half time

Wonderful, now off you pop fatty.

36 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
1 hour ago, DieDee said:

We are Dundee fc, we only deal in cash. Apps and cards are too traceable.

Geddes, not sure, Jim Smith, Glennie, Zico McGeachie, Archie Knox, Shaky Stephen, the legendary Albert Kydd, Keith Wright, Tosh McKinlay, Robert Conner, not sure, John Brown, not sure (young lad - remember his face), John McCormick, Stuart Rafferty and possibly Mince Vennie.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Geddes, not sure, Jim Smith, Glennie, Zico McGeachie, Archie Knox, Shaky Stephen, the legendary Albert Kydd, Keith Wright, Tosh McKinlay, Robert Conner, not sure, John Brown, not sure (young lad - remember his face), John McCormick, Stuart Rafferty and possibly Mince Vennie.

The young lad might be Derek McWilliams. The guy at the back with the hair might be  Iain MacDonald, the car might be a Renault 18!

18 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

4 minutes ago, elportogrande said:

The young lad might be Derek McWilliams. The guy at the back with the hair might be  Iain MacDonald, the car might be a Renault 18!

Yeah, spot on young guy is indeed Derek McWilliams. Guy next to Geddes is Iain MacDonald.

Colin Harris next to John Brown and not Vince Mennie at the rear, I'm sure that's Walker McCall. Not Keith Wright either though, I think that's Lex Richardson.

Some great characters!!! 

Best regards

5 hours ago, K.T said:

Stewartyftd is probably the kind of person that buys clothing with tangerine in it because he thinks it looks smart as f**k.

Must save a fortune though.  It’s always the dodgy colours that have the big discounts in the sales.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Another day, another no signing day. Sigh.

I’m hoping McPake and Nelms are just being disciplined and waiting on the right players to sign.  

When you think back to Hartley, McCann and McIntyre they signed so many players that were completely average at best.  They’d often bring in players that were no better than the players they were replacing, resulting in a bloated squad with the board desperate to pay off the players out of favour. 

If Nelms had been more ruthless and refused some of the signings Hartley and McCann in particular made we may have been able to push the boat out for Shanklands when we were interested in him.

26 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m hoping McPake and Nelms are just being disciplined and waiting on the right players to sign.  

When you think back to Hartley, McCann and McIntyre they signed so many players that were completely average at best.  They’d often bring in players that were no better than the players they were replacing, resulting in a bloated squad with the board desperate to pay off the players out of favour. 

If Nelms had been more ruthless and refused some of the signings Hartley and McCann in particular made we may have been able to push the boat out for Shanklands when we were interested in him.

I wonder if we can make a team out of players that played for us say less than 5 times in the Hartley/McCann spells.

Schenk

Arturo