All things Dundee FC

I love the fact McIntyre sold his arse out for a few claps. Anybody looking in will rightly see what a charlatan he is, his poor managerial career is probably done now. Hopefully ends up on the taxis telling everybody how futba should be played like so many others who get told they're fucking failures. 
Decent striker. Terrible manager even before Nelms stupidly took him on. Hope they fist bumps live long with you, Jim. 

It’s a wee reminder to us that when you get the chance to give those dayglo c***s a right hard kick in the balls, you give them 3 for good measure.

They’re just once again showing their complete lack of class. Cheap, plastic imitations of a football club.

It’s a wee reminder to us that when you get the chance to give those dayglo c***s a right hard kick in the balls, you give them 3 for good measure.

They’re just once again showing their complete lack of class. Cheap, plastic imitations of a football club.
Ooft.

Beelin.

48 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Ha ha. Salty. 

Like Dundee wouldn’t do the same given the chance? The tannoy boy playing Down, Down, etc when we got relegated at Dens. Dundee’s official Twitter feed celebrating the anniversary of the Doon Derby. The Dundee mascot dressed as a fat guy with ‘Miller’ on his back for oor Charlie (who laughed about it, by the way).

Nothing wrong with a wee bit of good natured banter between the two clubs - and it’s done the job judging by your response! It’s why the Dundee rivalry is the best in Scotland, with none of the hatred that poisons the other derbies.

I love the love/hate relationship I have with McGowan and Kerr, against Inverness I think they look more than capable for this league and against Dunfermline I wanted to go on the pitch and kick f**k out of them. They’ve certainly taken a few years off my life though, the scamps.

Got to start 4 at the back next week and 2 wide players. Not fussed if we go 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 but our defensive frailties are completely exposed with 3 at the back against wide players with any sort of pace. Fucking Ryan Dow was playing well against us ffs.

I love the love/hate relationship I have with McGowan and Kerr, against Inverness I think they look more than capable for this league and against Dunfermline I wanted to go on the pitch and kick f**k out of them. They’ve certainly taken a few years off my life though, the scamps.

Got to start 4 at the back next week and 2 wide players. Not fussed if we go 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 but our defensive frailties are completely exposed with 3 at the back against wide players with any sort of pace. Fucking Ryan Dow was playing well against us ffs.

Gowser did well on Friday I thought.

37 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Ha ha. Salty. 

Like Dundee wouldn’t do the same given the chance? The tannoy boy playing Down, Down, etc when we got relegated at Dens. Dundee’s official Twitter feed celebrating the anniversary of the Doon Derby. The Dundee mascot dressed as a fat guy with ‘Miller’ on his back for oor Charlie (who laughed about it, by the way).

Nothing wrong with a wee bit of good natured banter between the two clubs - and it’s done the job judging by your response! It’s why the Dundee rivalry is the best in Scotland, with none of the hatred that poisons the other derbies.

Spot on Gibby.  It’s just a bit bizarre that McIntyre accepted the invitation to be the court jester.  

Mind you, I suppose he’ll have nothing else to do most Saturday afternoons for the foreseeable.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Spot on Gibby.  It’s just a bit bizarre that McIntyre accepted the invitation to be the court jester.  

Mind you, I suppose he’ll have nothing else to do most Saturday afternoons for the foreseeable.

Aye, surprised he did it. Few years down the line maybe. Though he was good player for us he must have cringed a bit when he got a bigger cheer than Narey, Hegarty et al. Or apparently not. It was a recurring joke about him being inducted into our hall of fame but wouldn’t be surprised now.

Ooft.

Beelin.

Ha ha. Salty. 

Only caught 2 but pleasing one was that complete tube Jock.

Ah, the old 'fishing trip' eh? Many a true word said in jest amigo

On another note, a wee tear up on Friday night with the Pars fans doing the rounds on facebook. Anyone on here get wired in?

7 hours ago, GN 10 said:

May signing for Saints next week apparently. Hopefully we can now move on and McPake has someone else lined up along with a keeper and a midfielder who can link play. Friday night was a wake up call.

Our ITK journalist has confirmed we're back in talks with May, and are trying to work out a deal for Hemmings.

I've been thinking about this all day whilst I nurse an absolutely horrendous hangover. I'm going to be controversial, and say we don't need a goalscorer. We've got 2 perfectly good ones in Johnson and Nelson. We need a striker to partner up with them as a provider. I reckon our striking options should be one of Nelson/Johnson dependent on fitness and form and a new option/Curran as our target man/support striker. Preferably someone much better than Curran.

We need a goalkeeper, a creative player (We can't rely on Ness. Robertson and Byrne whilst good players and will have a role to play, a massive role in fact, but they're not creative players.), the aforementioned striker and in my personal opinion, another LB as I'm not getting the greatest of vibes from Marshall.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've been thinking about this all day whilst I nurse an absolutely horrendous hangover. I'm going to be controversial, and say we don't need a goalscorer. We've got 2 perfectly good ones in Johnson and Nelson. We need a striker to partner up with them as a provider. I reckon our striking options should be one of Nelson/Johnson dependent on fitness and form and a new option/Curran as our target man/support striker. Preferably someone much better than Curran.

We need a goalkeeper, a creative player (We can't rely on Ness. Robertson and Byrne whilst good players and will have a role to play, a massive role in fact, but they're not creative players.), the aforementioned striker and in my personal opinion, another LB as I'm not getting the greatest of vibes from Marshall.

What were you drinking last night Ludo? 😂 

We definitely need a new striker and McPake knows it.  Apart from anything else I’m just not convinced Nelson can stay injury free.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So you mean Moffat, or someone like him?

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

What were you drinking last night Ludo? 😂 

We definitely need a new striker and McPake knows it.  Apart from anything else I’m just not convinced Nelson can stay injury free.

I do think we need another striker, and if we get one that can prove effective I'd suggest keeping Nelson on the bench maybe a bit more than others would think.

Here me out: Nelson looked at his most effective last season when coming on as a sub, as he could run rings around the tired defenses of the Premiership. At a lower level with better support than he had last season, I think Nelson could be a dagger hitting teams late in the game. I'm sure he'd prefer playing the whole game, but I think this is a key way to utilise him.

This is how I use him on FIFA and it works, so it must work in real life. No flaws in this plan whatsoever.

Everyone knows we have been about 5 players short for weeks. Fair enough it makes sense to be patient and get the right players in unlike the past two seasons. But the season is well and truly under way and we are still way short of a team capable of challenging for promotion. It is imperative we get at least 3 players in before the Ayr game or we will lose early ground to our rivals. Utd and Dunfermline have already got settled squads by the looks of it.