All things Dundee FC

At the DAB game, McIntyre was serenaded by United as he came out smiling, draped with a DAB scarf and giving fist pumps. 

In the Caley end - and United are tearing them apart. Keating's had an early chance where he cracked the post but other than that, all DABs.

At the DAB game, McIntyre was serenaded by United as he came out smiling, draped with a DAB scarf and giving fist pumps. 
In the Caley end - and United are tearing them apart. Keating's had an early chance where he cracked the post but other than that, all DABs.

I hope McIntyre enjoyed it as he’ll never work again after his spell at Dens.

15 minutes ago, K.T said:

I hope McIntyre enjoyed it as he’ll never work again after his spell at Dens.

If it wasn’t for Nelms and his computer McIntyre would never have managed another top flight team after his spell at Ross County!

Edited by Shadow Play

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If that is true then it's an absolute disgrace. 

How could anyone think that could ever be acceptable? 

I appreciate getting McIntyre to appear today for the petty banter aspect of it. He was a player I actually liked from a relatively poor period for ourselves. 

However, it is fairly tragic from his point of view that he turned up to be lauded mostly for failing spectacularly at what will likely be his last mangerial gig for a while.

16 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I appreciate getting McIntyre to appear today for the petty banter aspect of it. He was a player I actually liked from a relatively poor period for ourselves. 

However, it is fairly tragic from his point of view that he turned up to be lauded mostly for failing spectacularly at what will likely be his last mangerial gig for a while.

I'll stick my neck out and say this clown will never work in football management ever again (including the jnr's).

Thank you.

58 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I'll stick my neck out and say this clown will never work in football management ever again (including the jnr's).

Thank you.

You can add McCann to that as well.  Im confident McPake will break the run of bad managers we’ve had.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tacky, cheap and extremely embarrassing on a professional level, or indeed any level for that matter.

More a reflection on Jim McIntyre as a person and his apparent level of intellect I'm afraid.

I'm sure nearly all right-minded Dundee United followers would be equally embarrassed, this fellow is not bred and reared with our east coast blood.

Best regards

I love the fact McIntyre sold his arse out for a few claps. Anybody looking in will rightly see what a charlatan he is, his poor managerial career is probably done now. Hopefully ends up on the taxis telling everybody how futba should be played like so many others who get told they're fucking failures. 

Decent striker. Terrible manager even before Nelms stupidly took him on. Hope they fist bumps live long with you, Jim. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

I love the fact McIntyre sold his arse out for a few claps. Anybody looking in will rightly see what a charlatan he is, his poor managerial career is probably done now. Hopefully ends up on the taxis telling everybody how futba should be played like so many others who get told they're fucking failures. 

Decent striker. Terrible manager even before Nelms stupidly took him on. Hope they fist bumps live long with you, Jim. 

^^^Seething imo

It's the biggest failure on Nelms CV. It looks like he's learnt from it, but time will tell. 

Looking back, it's fucking amazing anybody thought he'd be anything other than an abject failure. Bombed boys out to bring in worse shit. Some boy. 

Almost no one but Dundee & Utd fans will know that McIntyre was at Tannadice yesterday, and even less will care.

Yes it was tacky, but taking off my Dundee specs, you can perfectly understand why he got the reaction that he did. We aren't whiter than white, we would laugh and gloat if Utd were relegated in similar circumstances, hopefully we will soon.

Rivalry is a massive part of football, but we are all almost as bad as each other pretty much, apart from Rangers, Celtic and Hearts of course.

2 minutes ago, srw said:

Almost no one but Dundee & Utd fans will know that McIntyre was at Tannadice yesterday, and even less will care.

Yes it was tacky, but taking off my Dundee specs, you can perfectly understand why he got the reaction that he did. We aren't whiter than white, we would laugh and gloat if Utd were relegated in similar circumstances, hopefully we will soon.

Rivalry is a massive part of football, but we are all almost as bad as each other pretty much, apart from Rangers, Celtic and Hearts of course.

I can see both sides of it - what else would we expect him to do being paraded in front of the Utd fans?  On the other hand, why put yourself in the position of having to do so?  Either way, we are where we are and he is where he is.

9 minutes ago, srw said:

Agree with this tbh. According to that Twitter post it was a pre-match thing for, presumably DABs favourite 50 players. What's he meant to do? Not go in case it upsets fans of a club that binned him? Football fans are petty as f**k, I'd expect and probably vastly enjoy us doing the same thing were the roles reversed. 

May signing for Saints next week apparently. Hopefully we can now move on and McPake has someone else lined up along with a keeper and a midfielder who can link play. Friday night was a wake up call.