All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’m going to come in peace here and try and ask a civil question, so you don’t have to deal with RG. emoji23.png

My understanding is that Hemmings is very much a penalty box striker who’ll get on the end of crosses and loose balls. Or at least that’s the impression I got playing against us. Seem to remember a mixture of headers and clever finishes? So my question to Dundee fans is, firstly I assume you’ll believe him to be a better player than May is? Secondly do you think he’d be good for 10+ league goals in the current saints team, bearing in mind we actually create a lot from wide areas just nobody can score them yet?

Thanks in advance for your responses, I’ve locked RG in a cupboard for now so he won’t be bothering you.

Do us all a favour and lock your self in the same cupboard. At least you'd get an eternal sleep listening to Boredums patter.

Thank you.

I always felt Hemmings had one pretty flukey season with us. Maybe he is just an instinctive goalscorer and he’ll appear flukey his whole career until eventually you have to accept his has great intuition. He’s worth a punt for sure and when we had GGS creating chances he certainly popped them away.

Not a fan of our goalie at all however both goals conceded were because of a horror show from our defenders.
Still it's a point and better than f**k all but we are short of bodies.
Thought first half midfield was non existent.
Hone games we shouldnt be dropping points so next game we back to our best ....

13 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’m going to come in peace here and try and ask a civil question, so you don’t have to deal with RG. emoji23.png

My understanding is that Hemmings is very much a penalty box striker who’ll get on the end of crosses and loose balls. Or at least that’s the impression I got playing against us. Seem to remember a mixture of headers and clever finishes? So my question to Dundee fans is, firstly I assume you’ll believe him to be a better player than May is? Secondly do you think he’d be good for 10+ league goals in the current saints team, bearing in mind we actually create a lot from wide areas just nobody can score them yet?

Thanks in advance for your responses, I’ve locked RG in a cupboard for now so he won’t be bothering you.

Yes he would, isn't the most gifted player but seems to be in the right place at the right time

26 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

It's infuriating that Hamilton has been kept on (I know hes under contract) aswell as Cammy Kerr. Really gets on my tits. Both are nowhere near good enough to take this club forward. We need to take all sentimental feelings with Kerr out the equation and bin him. 

Looks like McGowan still has it in him to play at championship level in the no.10 role - where neither McCann or Hartley used him. Excellent performance. Keep it up Gowser.

McGhee came onto a game second half, hopefully him and Meekings start at centre back next weekend because Forster is fucking clueless. Slow as f**k and his punts up the pitch were an embarrassment. If we're up against incrediby slow strikers or Moussa style Carthorses we'll get away with Forster.

McDaid and Todd to start next week, please. Gives us Nelson to come off the bench if we need more firepower aswell. Could even have done with Curran coming on the final 10 yesterday.

Great point all things considered. We cant lose games to Dunfermline, Inverness or United. These are our main challengers IMO. Avoid defeat to them teams and we'll be right up there.

Maximum points required before the Derby. Home games in this league have to be won if we're going to go up. The Ayr squad has been decimated and there's no excuses.

Thank you.

I can understand the love for Cammy but I couldn't understand why we rushed into getting him signed up again. I've said it for long enough, always wish him well but unfortunately he's not nearly good enough

I've done the "Im new here" bantz to death on here this week, so time for some proper reflection. I won't claim to know a fraction of what most of you know about the club, but one thing I hopefully do have is a bit of objectivity, in that my thoughts are purely based on the team this year rather than coloured by last season's pish...although if Hamilton keeps making mistakes like that then I won't be on the fence about him for long.

In the end I think that has to go down as a bit of a result. Yes, we were fortunate in that the first half was a tactical disaster and we could have been out of it, but give the manager credit for changing it around to good effect. For a while I was worried that the team's confidence looked completely shot and they were still suffering a hangover from last season. However, coming back in circumstances like that will do wonders for them mentally. Pleasing to see that we looked like the fitter side as well. Another sign that McPake may just know what he's doing.

The penalties both fall into the category of "I've seen them given". You could maybe argue that it's fortunate to get two of those in one game, but anyone saying they were outrageous decisions is well wide of the mark. For the second one, if you watch the back of Johnson's legs, the boy clearly goes right through him.

Papers this morning say we've made a move for Hemmings.
I trust after the outrage about me talking about May on here, Dundee fans will be more restrained.
He moved south to be near his family cant see why he would decide to move all the way back north.

The first half was fucking poisonous. I genuinely thought the crowd around me were gonna give themselves a fucking stroke.
Some dundee fans think we just have to turn up and we will pish all over teams,they really need to manage their expectations.

2 minutes ago, kevthedee said:
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Papers this morning say we've made a move for Hemmings.
I trust after the outrage about me talking about May on here, Dundee fans will be more restrained.

He moved south to be near his family cant see why he would decide to move all the way back north.

Especially for the peanuts these perth clowns would be paying him.

3 at the back should allow us to maximise the space between the opposition midfield and defence but yesterday dunfermline were first to every ball in the middle of the park we were absolutely bossed in that 1st half. They played with one up top and 2 wide and it just didn't suit our system, it nullified our extra man in midfield and left us exposed to a quick break. It shouldn't have taken Mcpake 45mins to change that system. I'm glad he had the balls to change it and take off his captain who looked really suspect. You could see that centre half's and the wingbacks were unsure who was supposed to be going wide and when to sit in. Even in the second half we strolled it and dunfermline ran out of steam but it was dissapointing not to get clear cut chances. I mean even that second penalty Johnson had already ran past the point of any kind of scoring chance. New signings are a must this week. 

After watching your game last night. Byrne needs to be playing where he played in second half. He can dominate the game from deep instead of playing higher up the park. I don’t feel like you will get the best out of him playing higher up. You can see second half how much better he was playing deep and getting the ball. 

I thought your defence really struggled with nisbet all night. He was holding the ball up every time

4 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I thought Robertson was brilliant in the second half apart from one stray pass. Shows how different you can view things.

Hey, I could be totally wrong, and that's fine, as I often am. Just couldn't remember much from him in that 2nd half. Encouraging that others did.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

50 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Some dundee fans think we just have to turn up and we will pish all over teams,they really need to manage their expectations.

Tbf if I'd went down as I'd planned and paid £20 to watch my team, and got that performance in the 1st half, I'd be figuring out the most efficient way to rip my chair off of its bearings.

The only thing worse than Dundee’s first half performance was the BBC’s coverage,the presenters were abysmal & I really hope the BBC have a rethink.

Seemingly this is what people want from the BBC Scotland channel. The only explanation is that the focus groups made up of the same folk who did the Speak YourBrains segment think the woman who can’t speak properly is excellent. Otherwise, its hard to believe they think that pairing is the the best available.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Seemingly this is what people want from the BBC Scotland channel. The only explanation is that the focus groups made up of the same folk who did the Speak YourBrains segment think the woman who can’t speak properly is excellent. Otherwise, its hard to believe they think that pairing is the the best available.

People want non presenters presenting football matches?

The pair were shite.  Didn't even know when to look at the camera.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Not a fan of our goalie at all however both goals conceded were because of a horror show from our defenders.

For second goal I thought Meekings can see Hamilton coming for cross so gets out of the way, total goalie error. 1st I would put down to Forster, way too lackadaisical. 

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Agree.  Attrocious pass and then the attempt to defend the situation out wide for goal 1 and a completely free header courtesy of ball watching defenders for goal 2.

The 3 at the back could not handle pace. As slow as.

1 hour ago, DieDee said:

For second goal I thought Meekings can see Hamilton coming for cross so gets out of the way, total goalie error. 1st I would put down to Forster, way too lackadaisical. 

Yeah, Forster needs to stay on his feet more, diving in and missing all the time to leave us exposed.