All things Dundee FC

He never had a chance when he signed, the second it was announced he cost a fee people where up in arms and instantly took a dislike, where as if he came in for nothing would he have received this much hate? , probably but not the the extent of getting constantly hounded as “flapjack” or being called a fraud of a footballer

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

He never had a chance when he signed, the second it was announced he cost a fee people where up in arms and instantly took a dislike, where as if he came in for nothing would he have received this much hate? , probably but not the the extent of getting constantly hounded as “flapjack” or being called a fraud of a footballer

He has really shown them up hasn’t he. 

3 minutes ago, Deetiv said:

i can't disagree. for what its worth i am not the founding member of the jack hamilton fan club. just pointing out that perhaps, we should all give the guy a break, and thus far he is justifying his position. may it continue. :)

He will start the season as first choice. I hope it goes well, we need it to, but I still have very little confidence in him. 

1 minute ago, srw said:

He will start the season as first choice. I hope it goes well, we need it to, but I still have very little confidence in him. 

how many clean sheets...regardless of the importance.... does it take for you to say..actually fair play jack!? 😛

2 minutes ago, Deetiv said:

how many clean sheets...regardless of the importance.... does it take for you to say..actually fair play jack!? 😛

It’s not about clean sheets, it’s about competency. He could concede 5 goals, as long as he doesn’t flap at them, he has done his job. 

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

ICT have a blue home kit and a black away kit, both of which are possibly a bit too close to our home strip for TV purposes.

Who the f**k got a black and white tv nowadays hee hee,remember that line getting throw out when Pot Black was on the TV.

1 minute ago, srw said:

It’s not about clean sheets, it’s about competency. He could concede 5 goals, as long as he doesn’t flap at them, he has done his job. 

i will politely disagree. he can flap like all he wants if he can keep this up. haha

cheers :)

Hamilton was solid enough today, came off his line and took a good few crosses, dealt with any shots that came his way and I can only think of 1 in the first half where we was a little indecisive about coming off his line for a through ball.  

If Nelson was a wee bit stronger he'd be so fucking good, was brushed aside a bit too easy on the odd occasion today, some of his wee touches and link up with Johnson were nice though.  

Then we have probably stood as enemies at opposite ends of the Graham Turner derby many times. How poignant that at our next derby we will stand together as brothers, roaring on the Dark Blue Machine. Although not at fucking Tannadice, by the sound of it.
Anyway, today's game was an absolute stroll. This "supporting Dundee" lark is a piece of piss.
I was impressed by the kid in midfield, Johnson looks like he'll score goals at Championship level, and several others had decent games too.

Yes Sir.

Are you based up in Dundee now or!?

1 hour ago, JP THE DEE said:

Who the f**k got a black and white tv nowadays hee hee,remember that line getting throw out when Pot Black was on the TV.

Best football commentary when black and white TV was still about has to go to John Motson.

It went something like “for those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the yellow strip.” 😂

1 hour ago, JP THE DEE said:

when Pot Black was on the TV.

alright grandad.

Thank you.

eta was quite impressed with today, we will be hard to beat, defence looks excellent.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I had not attended since the Brechin game due to commitments and was not sure what to expect today following the reports from the Peterhead game last weekend.

However I was very impressed with today's overall team performance. Due to the small TV induced attendance where we were in the South Enclosure you could even hear Jack Hamilton constantly scream instructions to his back-line in the second half. Given last seasons' performances this has to be positive, actual COMMUNICATION.

That would appear to be the James McPake main basic remit, TEAMWORK. Sounds simple, however he's already starting to put the building blocks in place.

Great speed of mind going forward and also a constant awareness of link-work whilst always seeking to play the ball to feet whenever possible.

Anyway, early days and merely my humble opinion.  

Best regards    

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Yes Sir.

Are you based up in Dundee now or!?

I'm arriving in a few days.

From a purely selfish point of view, I'm pretty happy with that cup draw. It's a tricky game, but at least it's a good fixture to take in.

Edited by Meadow_Jock

you could even hear Jack Hamilton constantly scream instructions to his back-line in the second half. Given last seasons' performances this has to be positive, actual COMMUNICATION.

What happened with that back pass in the second half? Looked like it was going to be an OG from the bobby cox until Hamilton went rushing over.

Currently watching the replay in the pub, we look so much more dominant than I thought that and I think Forster is my new favourite player ever based solely on today’s performance

I'm (very) slowly but surely warming to Hamilton. He'll never be amazing, but reminds me a little bit of Kyle Letheren. I think they're probably similar level with Letheren maybe shading it, but their style of goalkeeping and their strengths are similiar.  (Although Letheren though the strongest piece of his game was his kicking which was bewildering).

Not good enough for top flight, but might be able to do a job.

I somehow keep getting visions of him having a Jarvie/Czerniak/Schenk style Derby nightmare though.