All things Dundee FC

Just a few more observations. Thought we looked fitter than Inverness and its a long time since I thought that about us v the opposition. Cammy was marauding in the second half. Nelson’s first touch is his biggest weakness really, great pace though. Optimism returns - no doubt we’ll get a disappointment on Friday!!

10 points
4 clean sheets.

Yet last line is negative.

Even if yer right.. it dosnt matter.

Positivity with Dundee fans :-(.

Get it in the sea

The Derry faithful are keeping themselves for Friday night.

Alot of fannies are away to Murrayfield aswell to watch a liverpool friendly  (clowns).

Quality viewing today, hard work and some teckleness from Robertson aswell. Two hard workers up top. Meekings looking solid.

Only negative for me is Kerr  (decision making is fucking pitiful) and Hamilton. I'm going to give Hamilton a chance though. He's our number one and if he can get some confidence this season I wish him all the best. Go and shut my Pus Hamilton, and many others.

Roll on Friday. Buzzing to slap a bridie round Hamiltons nut when he makes a last minute error (positivity didn't last long).

Thank you.

lets look at jack hamilton record in recent weeks:

goals conceded:

nottingham forrest - 0
scunthorpe - 0 (he played second half)
blackpool - 0
raith rovers - 0
cove rangers - 0
peterhead - 0 
inverness CT - 0

585mins without conceding a goal.

boo boys care to comment? 😛

The Derry faithful are keeping themselves for Friday night.
Alot of fannies are away to Murrayfield aswell to watch a liverpool friendly  (clowns).
Quality viewing today, hard work and some teckleness from Robertson aswell. Two hard workers up top. Meekings looking solid.
Only negative for me is Kerr  (decision making is fucking pitiful) and Hamilton. I'm going to give Hamilton a chance though. He's our number one and if he can get some confidence this season I wish him all the best. Go and shut my Pus Hamilton, and many others.
Roll on Friday. Buzzing to slap a bridie round Hamiltons nut when he makes a last minute error (positivity didn't last long).
Thank you.

I’m sorry is 4 clean sheets in a row not good enough, Jesus [emoji19][emoji19]

9 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I’m sorry is 4 clean sheets in a row not good enough, Jesus emoji19.pngemoji19.png

That's not a very sensible way to look at things.

He's a dodgy keeper and was abysmal last season. It wasn't just errors it was looking like he was pluckled off the streets and put into a strip.

As I've said I'm going to give him a fresh start. Hopefully he can do well this season - McPake has certainly showed faith in him.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

14 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Why were we in an away kit today?

Inverness only have a blue or black kit. We agreed we'd wear the away strip to avoid any confusion. 

Just followed the wee maestro on Twitter. Not usually one for following footballers but this boy deserves it. 

Upon following him it opened up an avenue to Declan McDaid's profile. "Too blessed to be stressed, too greatful to be hateful." He will not be getting followed anytime soon, gobshite. 

Thank you. 

10 minutes ago, Deetiv said:

lets look at jack hamilton record in recent weeks:

goals conceded:

nottingham forrest - 0
scunthorpe - 0 (he played second half)
blackpool - 0
raith rovers - 0
cove rangers - 0
peterhead - 0 
inverness CT - 0

585mins without conceding a goal.

boo boys care to comment? 😛

The phoney war is about to end. Meaningless friendlies and a couple of duff team performances against Cove and Peterhead mean little.  Today as a team we played well which gives a keeper fewer challenges- which is how we want it to be. 

If we are played 7 and zero goals conceded in the league then fair enough. Let's see how it plays out. He was lousy last year. 

Can’t complain about today. Thought we looked pretty decent, but again missing chances, we could have scored a few more today. 

4 games undefeated, 4 clean sheets, progressed through to the next round. Happy days compared to the last few seasons. Let’s beat the Fifers in Friday to keep this going. 

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

The phoney war is about to end. Meaningless friendlies and a couple of duff team performances against Cove and Peterhead mean little.  Today as a team we played well which gives a keeper fewer challenges- which is how we want it to be. 

If we are played 7 and zero goals conceded in the league then fair enough. Let's see how it plays out. He was lousy last year. 

a keeper is only as good as it defence to a certain extent. he was left very vulnerable for pretty much every game last season. what a difference it makes when there is a back line that is communicating. I'm not saying he was good last year by any stretch, however the midfield and that appalling defence have a lot to answer for. he was massively exposed. i have a great deal of sympathy. i suppose you need to ask the question, over the past 2 seasons, would dundee have conceded goals in those games? (yes) :)

That's not a very sensible way to look at things.
He's a dodgy keeper and was abysmal last season. It wasn't just errors it was looking like he was pluckled off the streets and put into a strip.
As I've said I'm going to give him a fresh start. Hopefully he can do well this season - McPake has certainly showed faith in him.
Thank you.

He’s not as bad as people make out and we were terrible from day 1 last season with the 2nd worse away goals in Scotland with Hamilton playing only about 12 or so of the games, if anything I’d argue the 10 players in front of him kept making stupid mistakes and putting him in bad positions

Revisionists can try all they like to whitewash last season. The simple fact is, Hamilton was chucking goals in last year, regardless of the defence in front of him, he was utterly hopeless. 

Fwiw I was quite impressed with Hamilton's performance today when he was needed. Was definitely one of those calling for a new GK, but if he can stay confident and back-up what seems to be a much stronger defensive line this season, I'd be fairly comfortable giving him the no. 1 role for now.

1 minute ago, srw said:

Revisionists can try all they like to whitewash last season. The simple fact is, Hamilton was chucking goals in last year, regardless of the defence in front of him, he was utterly hopeless. 

yes...true, however he was hugely exposed. no? 

Just now, Deetiv said:

yes...true, however he was hugely exposed. no? 

He was at times, but there’s absolutely no excuse for the first or last games of the season. He single handedly cost us points. 

If he was out of contract in the summer, not a single fan of even average intelligence would want him retained. 

He should never have been signed. 

1 minute ago, srw said:

He was at times, but there’s absolutely no excuse for the first or last games of the season. He single handedly cost us points. 

If he was out of contract in the summer, not a single fan of even average intelligence would want him retained. 

He should never have been signed. 

i can't disagree. for what its worth i am not the founding member of the jack hamilton fan club. just pointing out that perhaps, we should all give the guy a break, and thus far he is justifying his position. may it continue. :)

McPake has a tough decision to make on Hamilton. Based on last year's form, he wasn't good enough. However, there must have been a keeper in there at some point (he did get in the Scotland squad) and will be a higher earner. Not easy to justify a wage on a further goalie after 4 clean sheets.

I suspect he'll be given the next 5 weeks and if he gets through them well, he won't be replaced. I'm hoping the clean sheets of late will bring him confidence. Coupling that with a drop in level and he might be okay.