All things Dundee FC

Right, bit of a random one this, but...
I'll be working up in Dundee next month, and possibly for quite a bit longer, and I need to a team to adopt. A lifetime of supporting Shrewsbury Town and Scotland has naturally accustomed me to unrelenting joy and success. I will therefore be glory-hunting the Dees, seeing as they're clearly the better of the city's two clubs for reasons which are far too obvious to list here.
How does this all work exactly? Is the Derry or Provie Road better for atmosphere these days? Also, what about pubs? From memory most of them seem to hedge their bets by having a mixture of Dees/Arabs memorabilia on the wall, but are there any which generally belong to fans of one team or the other for TV games, matchday pints, etc?
Thank you.

Great to have you onboard. Strap yourself in, it’ll be a bumpy ride.

Feeling quite nervy about tomorrow. Still don't have full confidence in the side, though I know the ability is there to do well. Looking forward to seeing Johnson in action at least, hopefully he makes good on his promise immediately.

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Get yourself to to the Dundee FC social club, 5 mins walk from the ground. Full of Dees, cheap booze and any dab attempting entry gets a smacked pus. You need to get someone to sign you in but just get friendly with someone on their way in to help you out. 

Enjoy. 

Good result for The Shrews yesterday ;)

Screenshot_20190728-051316_Gallery.jpg

I'm assured by my contacts that the DABS were heavy shite.

Thanks, mate - I might drop in there on Friday for the Pars game.

24 minutes ago, Meadow_Jock said:

I'm assured by my contacts that the DABS were heavy shite.

Thanks, mate - I might drop in there on Friday for the Pars game.

If you can't get someone to sign you in, just tell the boy on the door you're going inside to get your mate to sign you in then disappear into the crowd. I've heard this is how you get in...

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

If you can't get someone to sign you in, just tell the boy on the door you're going inside to get your mate to sign you in then disappear into the crowd. I've heard this is how you get in...

Good to know!  

In my experience, a Shrewsbury-Scots accent combined with a few premeditated lies confuses the f**k out of doormen enough for all to be ok pretty much everywhere. You're not from there,  but you're also clearly not NOT from there, so they just kind of give up and wave you in. 

Reading the thread back, a guy was saying that the away allocation for Tannadice has been cut. Is this definitely a thing? A total c**t of a decision if so, as I was really looking forward to that one on paper. 

Right, bit of a random one this, but...
I'll be working up in Dundee next month, and possibly for quite a bit longer, and I need to a team to adopt. A lifetime of supporting Shrewsbury Town and Scotland has naturally accustomed me to unrelenting joy and success. I will therefore be glory-hunting the Dees, seeing as they're clearly the better of the city's two clubs for reasons which are far too obvious to list here.
How does this all work exactly? Is the Derry or Provie Road better for atmosphere these days? Also, what about pubs? From memory most of them seem to hedge their bets by having a mixture of Dees/Arabs memorabilia on the wall, but are there any which generally belong to fans of one team or the other for TV games, matchday pints, etc?
Thank you.

Shrewsbury mate?

3 minutes ago, Girth said:

Shrewsbury mate?

Do you know it?

It's a sort of English Perth, which is to say a superficially pretty town full of servile Rees-Mogg loving fannies.

Great little club, mind. But my love of the team has far outlived my love of the town itself.

Do teams who win their League Cup group win more money than runners-up that qualify? If not, or if it is largely insignificant, I don't see why both us and ICT shouldn't just do a Disgrace of Gijon and agree to play the most boring 0-0 game of all time. f**k East Fife.

1 hour ago, Meadow_Jock said:

Do you know it?

It's a sort of English Perth, which is to say a superficially pretty town full of servile Rees-Mogg loving fannies.

Great little club, mind. But my love of the team has far outlived my love of the town itself.

Used to work there and lived not that far away. Loved the old ground.

Do teams who win their League Cup group win more money than runners-up that qualify? If not, or if it is largely insignificant, I don't see why both us and ICT shouldn't just do a Disgrace of Gijon and agree to play the most boring 0-0 game of all time. f**k East Fife.

We should agree to that and then put Johnson on the for the last 10mins to score 3 goals and get it right up that fat fucker “Robbo.”

Do you know it?

I’m from Hereford!

14 minutes ago, Dele said:

Gav Beith has to be the oldest looking 37 year old I've ever seen. Fucking hell. :lol:

15643146346368485393394782372651.thumb.jpg.28e231e2f9f2d1fa8fce90bca76703a1.jpg

Christ. He looks awful. 

I'm 37 and if I looked like that I'd probably get checked out.