All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, Girth said:

I’m from Hereford!

Then we have probably stood as enemies at opposite ends of the Graham Turner derby many times. How poignant that at our next derby we will stand together as brothers, roaring on the Dark Blue Machine. Although not at fucking Tannadice, by the sound of it.

Anyway, today's game was an absolute stroll. This "supporting Dundee" lark is a piece of piss.

I was impressed by the kid in midfield, Johnson looks like he'll score goals at Championship level, and several others had decent games too.

Edited by Meadow_Jock

If those are one of our league rivals this season I feel pretty good. Four games without conceding a goal is fantastic, and wasn't really worried at all. Just need to sure up on finishing.

Gimme Kilmarnock, Livi or Ross County please.

Safe Hands x 4. 

Played well with 2 up top. Need another out and out striker so we don’t drop off when 1 of the striker’s needs to go off. 

Great stuff from young Finlay again. Not seen a young guy so comfortable with either foot and I’ve decided after seeing him 5 times that he’s probably left footed! Starting to be positive with his forward passing which I presume is he’s feeling comfortable and confident at such a high level for a 16 year old. Well done that laddie 👏

Edited by Yenitit

Good for Jack Hamilton's confidence to get another clean sheet. I don't think the pundits gave him the credit he deserved in the first half for the save from the deflected shot. 

I've always said he's a good keeper...

We already look far more organised and structured than we did at any point last season. I don't expect us to be pulling up trees this season, but there are a lot of positive signs. Contrast that untroubled and relatively comfortable result this afternoon with the shambolic farce v's Dunfermline at the same stage last season. We were disorganised and got physically bullied all day long. McPake and Nicholl seem to have at least got the squad to grips with the basics already, which is something neither of our managers managed to achieve at any point last season, bar a couple of games in Dec/Jan.

Encouraging stuff.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Pretty comfortable performance and young Robertson again very impressive. We’ve got Aberdeen. Who did United and the Sainties get?

Good to see a relatively straight forward win. 

Hopefully the prize money for getting through to the next round and Aberdeen bringing 2 or 3000 down let’s us go and strengthen some more. 

First time seeing us this season. Thought we looked good today. I like how hard working we are and that the strikers constantly run down defenders, even when initially losing the ball they still stopped ICT getting up the pitch. Was at the opposite end of the ground so didn’t see the miss or the goal too clearly. Cammy should have rolled it to Johnson second half though. Gowsers mazy was wonderful. Still slight concerns about how we are in the final third. I don’t know if it was just the horrors of the premiership still fresh in my mind, but I was expecting Inverness to cause us a lot more problems. Maybe just an off day for them. We absolutely pissed that group though. 10 points , 4 goals scored, 0 conceded. Might as well get our name on that cup. Bring on the sheep shaggers.

Iv not been this excited about a young talent since McDonald was coming through, if he has half the career he has he’s onto a winner

How long is Robertson’s contract? I imagine clubs will be sniffing if he keeps that up

The May thing splits a lot of opinions but based on today a player like him and we would cause a lot of trouble in this division.

I understand why people are excited by the youngster but Gowsers energy was tremendous today and deserved a Marado style goal. 

First half our back 4 sat off allowing too many free shots. Overall was a good feeling.

McPake comes over well in interviews. Good guy. 

Edited by rainbowrising

Piss poor crowd from us. Less than 2000 home fans. That's the only negative for me though. Really complete performance. Hope we do the same against Dunfermline come Friday.

Just a few more observations. Thought we looked fitter than Inverness and its a long time since I thought that about us v the opposition. Cammy was marauding in the second half. Nelson’s first touch is his biggest weakness really, great pace though. Optimism returns - no doubt we’ll get a disappointment on Friday!!