All things Dundee FC

40 minutes ago, Dele said:

It's been confirmed that Dundee will not be getting the Shed/West Stand/Carling Stand for the upcoming Derby, reduced allocation for our support. 

United aren’t keeping me from the game.  I wasn’t going to be going anyway.  In line with the recent climate change protests I’m boycotting the game because United’s owner built his wealth from the oil business**

#DeesAgainstDiesel

** hard to imagine but that’s still a more believable excuse than the United fans that stayed away from the Doon Derby claiming they were protesting against Stephen Thompson and the United board 😂

It's been confirmed that Dundee will not be getting the Shed/West Stand/Carling Stand for the upcoming Derby, reduced allocation for our support. 

Definitely scuppers my chances of getting any tickets.

Which boozer would be the best place to watch it on tv?

Right, bit of a random one this, but...

I'll be working up in Dundee next month, and possibly for quite a bit longer, and I need to a team to adopt. A lifetime of supporting Shrewsbury Town and Scotland has naturally accustomed me to unrelenting joy and success. I will therefore be glory-hunting the Dees, seeing as they're clearly the better of the city's two clubs for reasons which are far too obvious to list here.

How does this all work exactly? Is the Derry or Provie Road better for atmosphere these days? Also, what about pubs? From memory most of them seem to hedge their bets by having a mixture of Dees/Arabs memorabilia on the wall, but are there any which generally belong to fans of one team or the other for TV games, matchday pints, etc?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Berti_Dee said:

We’re trying to secure Jack Aitchison on loan from Celtic.

With all due respect to the young man from Celtic, we already have numerous Dark Blue young guns hungry and ripe for development.

Also, as per the Official Dundee website this morning, a very Happy Birthday to Craig Wighton today from all us Dees.

THAT GOAL witnessed first hand, NEVER FORGOTTEN.

Best regards597afb97db18e-536x372.jpg.6761ff4b2bf0700c093c4d6fe7c63f42.jpg

Edit - To NEFdab, I've been a poster here for three months now and have never red dotted anyone once, whilst always respecting all differing opinions.

You would appear to red dot my every posting for your own sad reasons. As they say in make believe world, ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME??????? 

3664.jpg.56c23ba3edceb676534bf3dd1f428a11.jpg

Edited by This Charming Man

2 hours ago, Meadow_Jock said:

Right, bit of a random one this, but...

I'll be working up in Dundee next month, and possibly for quite a bit longer, and I need to a team to adopt. A lifetime of supporting Shrewsbury Town and Scotland has naturally accustomed me to unrelenting joy and success. I will therefore be glory-hunting the Dees, seeing as they're clearly the better of the city's two clubs for reasons which are far too obvious to list here.

How does this all work exactly? Is the Derry or Provie Road better for atmosphere these days? Also, what about pubs? From memory most of them seem to hedge their bets by having a mixture of Dees/Arabs memorabilia on the wall, but are there any which generally belong to fans of one team or the other for TV games, matchday pints, etc?

Thank you.

Get yourself to to the Dundee FC social club, 5 mins walk from the ground. Full of Dees, cheap booze and any dab attempting entry gets a smacked pus. You need to get someone to sign you in but just get friendly with someone on their way in to help you out. 

Enjoy. 

Good result for The Shrews yesterday ;)

Screenshot_20190728-051316_Gallery.jpg

If Dundee and Inverness draw tomorrow they'll both go through. If either side wins then they'll go through along with East Fife.

I’ve got a very bad feeling about tomorrow. Hope it’s unjustified. I can’t fully enjoy United and Sainties problems until we’ve qualified.

Looking forward to seeing Johnson. A natural finisher, playing for Dundee, seems strange.

Hamilton, Kerr, Meekings, McGhee, Marshall, Byrne, Gowser, McDaid, Todd, Nelson and Johnson? I’m guessing Ness will be out.