All things Dundee FC

I was open to the idea of Stevie May joining us a couple of weeks ago but his reluctance to sign, coupled with the signing of Dannyboy, has completely changed that. We don't need folk that aren't interested in being here especially when their goalscoring record is patchy and they come across as rather sly. 

Mental that the only person talking about May, in a Dundee thread, is Random. He's absolutely distraught he's not signing in Perth and I really fear for Rowan Vine's physical safety such is his burning rage. 

In. Multiple. Threads. 

Delicicious. 

As for the actual Dundee signing? Meh. Hope he bags a many. 

Heard a wee snippet from Johnson’s interview. Says he turned down interest from down south and other teams in the premiership.

Teams I could only think that possibly would of been interested in the premiership due to current striker options are St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hamilton.

Pleasing.

1 minute ago, Ylf said:

random is obsessed with stevie may in a creepy way imo.

Hard to understand why a Saints fan is interested in the career of a homegrown supporter of the club who scored 30 goals the season they won the Scottish Cup, I agree.

Hard to understand why a Saints fan is interested in the career of a homegrown supporter of the club who scored 30 goals the season they won the Scottish Cup, I agree.

but always on the dundee page. first he’s signing for us then not then is then not etc. lot of shite

Just now, Ylf said:

but always on the dundee page. first he’s signing for us then not then is then not etc. lot of shite

I was the exact same with O'Halloran on the Rangers thread, then the Aberdeen thread when they signed May, then the Motherwell thread when they tried to sign MOH, then the Hearts thread when they signed Swanson, then the Hibs thread when they signed Swanson.

You're not special, I just hold an interest in ex-players, especially when we're also trying to sign them.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was the exact same with O'Halloran on the Rangers thread, then the Aberdeen thread when they signed May, then the Motherwell thread when they tried to sign MOH, then the Hearts thread when they signed Swanson, then the Hibs thread when they signed Swanson.

You're not special, I just hold an interest in ex-players, especially when we're also trying to sign them.

Well no need to tell us about it anymore as St Johnstone have done what your dad/uncle should of done, pulled out.

I'm not so sure defensively tbh - I'd say it's much more urgent than midfield. Davies has shown no sign of being fit to play and then Meekings has spent most of his carer injured and Forster has also suffered a fair few. McGhee then is also expected to cover for two full back positions as well, you could easily see a scenario where we end up with a real crisis. Our youth cover for there is then the least experienced and tested of the batch of young players we've got.
In midfield, we've got Byrne, Gowser, Ness and then both Robertson and Moore with first team experience. Then you've even got Todd who is naturally probably more of an inside player (but admittedly an attacking mid) and then even McGhee who has played there. Maybe not ideal but I think we're less likely to have major issues there and then could patch things together for a game or two if it did happen.

I think with Meekings, Forster and McGhee capable of playing centre half. Kerr covers left back in an emergency and McGhee and Forster can cover right back too. Maybe a bit thin at centre half... what is Ryan Inniss up to?

Yet if a Dundee fan goes into a st.j thread about a player we are interested in... we are following said member around the forum.

Very good.

I'm gonna say May wont be coming in as we have our new striker in. So for us be 3 main strikers ( stuck with Curran sadly ) and a youngster .

We now move onto other areas of the squad

I'm not so sure defensively tbh - I'd say it's much more urgent than midfield. Davies has shown no sign of being fit to play and then Meekings has spent most of his carer injured and Forster has also suffered a fair few. McGhee then is also expected to cover for two full back positions as well, you could easily see a scenario where we end up with a real crisis. Our youth cover for there is then the least experienced and tested of the batch of young players we've got.
In midfield, we've got Byrne, Gowser, Ness and then both Robertson and Moore with first team experience. Then you've even got Todd who is naturally probably more of an inside player (but admittedly an attacking mid) and then even McGhee who has played there. Maybe not ideal but I think we're less likely to have major issues there and then could patch things together for a game or two if it did happen.
Think we need a centre half (who can also cover at full back), a creative midfielder or winger and another striker.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm gonna say May wont be coming in as we have our new striker in. So for us be 3 main strikers ( stuck with Curran sadly ) and a youngster .

Id find it hilarious if you pulled your offer now.

Kilmarnock reported to have switched attention to Lafferty aswell.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id find it hilarious if you pulled your offer now.

Kilmarnock reported to have switched attention to Lafferty aswell.

So now May's only option is St. Mirren for probably half of what we offered and way less than you offered because he got greedy. Love seeing that happen to players like May deserves him right. Hes absolutely awful aswell!

I think a left winger is a must, which frees up mcdaid and Todd to play in their more suited positions. We are a bit bare on wing cover and have been for seasons. Another centre half or lb cover is essential. Ideally one more signing after that but I think we may only get 1/2 more signings this window.  I personally really like Keillor-Dunn at County, still only 21 but highly unlikely for us or anyone to be in for him. 

3 minutes ago, Numptdee said:

So now May's only option is St. Mirren for probably half of what we offered and way less than you offered because he got greedy. Love seeing that happen to players like May deserves him right. Hes absolutely awful aswell!

St Mirren were apparently only after a loan, and May has agreed his release from Aberdeen...

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren were apparently only after a loan, and May has agreed his release from Aberdeen...

hahaha be hilarious if he ends up at some random team for about 1k a week out of his greed. Im surprised he asked Saints to match our offer unless the offer was a huge difference. If he really wanted to go back to Saints and reignite his carear he would of been happy with slightly less instead of trying to squeeze more because your biggest rivals had an offer. 

He's literally gone from being able to see his contract out at Aberdeen while doing nothing, could of been with us on a very good 2/3 year deal, played us off to get the money at Saints then ruined that and his St. mirren option looks gone now also. Idiot

Edited by Numptdee