All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Playing behind Sam "the donkey" Cosgrove, or playing in front of Kennedy, Wright, Swanson, O'Halloran and Wotherspoon. 

Hard to see where those extra goals might come from...

Craig Curran has outscored Stevie May over the past 5 year. Scoring an incredible 12 more goals than him.

Moussa is just the 7 ahead of him.

Real coup you got there.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I was mentioned 3 times over the past few days, with people wishing I was here, you lot brought this on yourself.

You counted? 😂

Preferring your posting to the likes of NEFarab and GrannyDanger is a bit like thinking Yellow Fever would probably a bit better to contract than Hepatitis C tbf. 

1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

I actually agree with Random here. Why ours fans entertain his pish is beyond me.

I've never understood why you didn't just all stick me on ignore years ago.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Craig Curran has outscored Stevie May over the past 5 year. Scoring an incredible 12 more goals than him.

Moussa is just the 7 ahead of him.

Real coup you got there.

If you read those Modern Fitba articles, May apparently was getting one of the lowest amount of "goalscoring chances" in the league, and as a whole, Aberdeen are one of the least creative in terms of chances (the majority of shots are within 12 yards of goal, where May wasnt due to his role in the team).

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

If you read those Modern Fitba articles, May apparently was getting one of the lowest amount of "goalscoring chances" in the league, and as a whole, Aberdeen are one of the least creative in terms of chances (the majority of shots are within 12 yards of goal, where May wasnt due to his role in the team).

That doesn't make it acceptable to score considerably less than a man who doesn't know the meaning of a shot.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

That doesn't make it acceptable to score considerably less than a man who doesn't know the meaning of a shot.

It sort of does, he averaged something mental like 0.2 goalscoring chances per match.

Honestly, Aberdeen is an absolute graveyard for attackers who dont just stand on the penalty spot.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It sort of does, he averaged something mental like 0.2 goalscoring chances per match.

Honestly, Aberdeen is an absolute graveyard for attackers who dont just stand on the penalty spot.

If Stevie May gets 10 goals this season for you I'll take your point. As it stands, I can't see it.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If Stevie May gets 10 goals this season for you I'll take your point. As it stands, I can't see it.

If he gets 10, he'll have beaten the total the other strikers scored, combined, last season 😂

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If he gets 10, he'll have beaten the total the other strikers scored, combined, last season 😂

That shouldn't be considered an achievement. 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That shouldn't be considered an achievement. 

Aye, was pointing that even if hes half the player he was, itll still be a good signing for us considering the competition. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, was pointing that even if hes half the player he was, itll still be a good signing for us considering the competition. 

Is he though, is the big question.

Story goes our offer didn't get near Dundees, btw, he simply refused to sign for anyone but Saints.

I said a couple weeks back that this would be the case. He said he wanted to sign for you if he was going to leave Aberdeen.

This season our strike force is of Nelson and Curran. If either gets injured or for me if Nelson got injured long term this wouldn't be ideal
We need players in fairly quick as not so long until season starts. We have had plenty time to get players in and I know mcpake has taken his time in getting players but for me now we need to be acting fairly quickly.

Looking at squad this season and only watching 3 games of pre season, if I was asked where would I be happy we finished this season ? Any position in the play offs, any where lower is a fail and jobs would be questioned. Winning the league or coming second I think with this squad we would be over achieving.

A few signings before the season starts please.

Mon the dees

If May only wanted to go to St Johnstone then it's clear that any "negotiation" was just to get them in for him. That doesn't surprise me - nor does it surprise me that we have been the ones mugged off.

You would think that the first thing Nelms would have done would have been to see if May was serious about dropping down a division and if he had a preferred destination.

I don't care if we've not got Stevie May, he'd command a large part of our budget and other than being a banter signing to piss of St Johnstone fans I doubt he'd be worth it.

I do care if we don't have other targets sorted out, which shouldn't be the case as Mcpake did say we had about 15 in mind(although that figure will be exaggerated). 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

This season our strike force is of Nelson and Curran. If either gets injured or for me if Nelson got injured long term this wouldn't be ideal
We need players in fairly quick as not so long until season starts. We have had plenty time to get players in and I know mcpake has taken his time in getting players but for me now we need to be acting fairly quickly.

Looking at squad this season and only watching 3 games of pre season, if I was asked where would I be happy we finished this season ? Any position in the play offs, any where lower is a fail and jobs would be questioned. Winning the league or coming second I think with this squad we would be over achieving.

A few signings before the season starts please.

Mon the dees

Just checked the current listing of the first team squad as it stands on the DFC website.

Consists of 21 players, 6 of which are the young guns looking to break through..................plus Andrew Davies.

After the previous couple of seasons we've endured some may say we're cutting it fine on the quality signings front.

Lets hope that considerable list of James was not mislaid at the Apex. 😁

Best regards