All things Dundee FC

Worrying performance today. We are at least 5 players short of competing for the title. The new left back is shite with no pace, the new cb's distribution is shocking, Cammy is still shite, Nelson needs a big man up top to help him and McDaid is just useless. Peterhead made much better chances than us and should have won. I shudder to think what a half decent team would have done to us today. Utd must be laughing and rightly so.

Not at the game. Signal is bad here in applecross, dont know line up as havnt checked but have checked result.

A clean sheet against peterhead is good... not scoring against them is worrying.
Nelson and Curran to score 10 between them in the league likely ?
Meh will give a f**k another day

Enjoy yer weekend fellow Dees

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Not at the game. Signal is bad here in applecross, dont know line up as havnt checked but have checked result.

A clean sheet against peterhead is good... not scoring against them is worrying.
Nelson and Curran to score 10 between them in the league likely ?
Meh will give a f**k another day

Enjoy yer weekend fellow Dees

Curran came on,fell about and was generally just shite.

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

we'll probably have the best possession % ever this season with the amount of fucking tippy tappy passes along the back 4 and keeper.

Pep's Barca have ruined football by making everyone think this is how football should be played. It just doesn't work and is absolutely shite to watch.

Edited by ForzaDundee

2 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Pep's Barca have ruined football my making everyone think this is how football should be played. It doesn't just doesn't work and is absolutely shite to watch.

correct it bores the tits aff o me...I suppose it works when every single player you have in your back 4 are comfortable knocking the ball about then boom that killer pass into equally talented players ….unfortunately at our level teams just say ach have the ball we'll just sit in until you misplace a pass.

Worrying performance today. We are at least 5 players short of competing for the title. The new left back is shite with no pace, the new cb's distribution is shocking, Cammy is still shite, Nelson needs a big man up top to help him and McDaid is just useless. Peterhead made much better chances than us and should have won. I shudder to think what a half decent team would have done to us today. Utd must be laughing and rightly so.

I was quite impressed with Marshall the first time I saw him but since then he’s been meh. The 2 centre halfs are miles better defenders than we had last season imo. I couldn’t really care what their distribution is like tbh. Not their job at our level. The rest I agree with.

1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

You lot are shit! Lucky if you make the playoffs this season.

Here Stewarty, how come you stopped using the cool as f**k avatar of you in jeans, a dab top and a pair of shades?

As a few Dundee fans have said similar to our game against Caley we could have won the game during the 90mins the pens went against us today but our support seemed happy with the effort shown. Would say Dundee troubled us less than Caley & as pointed out quite often go side to side or back & lose momentum. The best striker at Dens today ended up standing by our dugout most of the second half injured a certain Rory Mac we lose a bit of physicality without him but  have other options. We were never going to win this cup but think we could do better in the league than some think we have not brought in many nut they look as if they will help. Good luck to Dundee for the coming season but going by today you need to strengthen to compete.  

6 minutes ago, peternapper said:

As a few Dundee fans have said similar to our game against Caley we could have won the game during the 90mins the pens went against us today but our support seemed happy with the effort shown. Would say Dundee troubled us less than Caley & as pointed out quite often go side to side or back & lose momentum. The best striker at Dens today ended up standing by our dugout most of the second half injured a certain Rory Mac we lose a bit of physicality without him but  have other options. We were never going to win this cup but think we could do better in the league than some think we have not brought in many nut they look as if they will help. Good luck to Dundee for the coming season but going by today you need to strengthen to compete.  

you should have won that game today I was right behind the goal when your player burst into the box...he had the whole goal to hit yet blootered it straight at our keeper....I think our problem is we are far too slow moving the ball about and getting it forward....we got a freekick about 3 mins to go halfway inside our half when Peterhead were all up the park looking for a winner...we had 2 on 2 yet our player casually wandered away waiting on our keeper to amble up and take the kick by that time you were all back and organised again..it was bloody frustrating to watch

I've never wanted a manager to succeed as much as I am McPake (Obviously I want all managers to do well for the club - but as a person McPake seems one of the most decent guys going) summed up by this brilliant, must read article:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/interview-dundee-manager-james-mcpake-on-how-the-club-helped-him-after-the-death-of-his-father-1-4968287

3 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

we'll probably have the best possession % ever this season with the amount of fucking tippy tappy passes along the back 4 and keeper.

Depends on the signings coming in. It's not an entirely bad way to play. It encourages opposition attackers to close, creating space in behind the midfield. I do however agree the current ability to play this way is lacking. Watching today we tried it, didn't work and ended up with some big punts upto to nelson which will never work. We also don't have the width or classic wingers to counter attack. We seem a small team, so patient possession is key to us. Just needs to be slicker and more purpose at the top end of the park.

We just don't learn - two seasons of playing ponderous football in midfield, with one up front - it just doesn't work.

One up front needs to be put in the sea - it only works if you are actually looking for a draw or you have quality midfielders supporting the lone man - we just don't have that supporting quality.

We just don't learn - two seasons of playing ponderous football in midfield, with one up front - it just doesn't work.

One up front needs to be put in the sea - it only works if you are actually looking for a draw or you have quality midfielders supporting the lone man - we just don't have that supporting quality.
Think you meant to post that in the United thread...

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Formation should be 4-4-2 every game. Don't worry about tactics or who the other team are or what they are doing. Just play the best players in each position every game and try to win. Professional players should be able to work out what works best based on their team-mates. No need for the manager or tinker or tell them what to do.