All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm fed up of this Stevie May nonsense, he's not good enough to be waiting for so if it's not tied up by the end of the weekend, I'd like to think we'd move onto other targets. I dread to think we've put a lot (if not all) our eggs into this basket only to get usurped by Killie and be scrambling around when he's not even that good in the first place.

It feels like hes playing teams against each other now, tbh. Theres too many stories flying about.

Has to be careful there, Shankland done the same and ruined his chances of a big move South, while Joe Shaughnessy done it to us and Aberdeen and now finds himself without a club and there seems to be no interest in him.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It feels like hes playing teams against each other now, tbh. Theres too many stories flying about.

Has to be careful there, Shankland done the same and ruined his chances of a big move South, while Joe Shaughnessy done it to us and Aberdeen and now finds himself without a club and there seems to be no interest in him.

Very interesting.

I'm fed up of this Stevie May nonsense, he's not good enough to be waiting for so if it's not tied up by the end of the weekend, I'd like to think we'd move onto other targets. I dread to think we've put a lot (if not all) our eggs into this basket only to get usurped by Killie and be scrambling around when he's not even that good in the first place.

Agreed. I’d have been very happy to have him but he can f**k off now down sister shagging junkieville.

19 minutes ago, Girth said:

I was stuck in the office until 10pm last night. Did I miss anything?

Just me and a table full of my mates giving, without doubt, the best rendition of Sade DD1 has ever heard. 

Bit of a minter thinking back on it now. 

Just me and a table full of my mates giving, without doubt, the best rendition of Sade DD1 has ever heard. 
Bit of a minter thinking back on it now. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

Most likely playing teams against each other in the hope that they will keep trying to outbid each other with better wages.

I'd be happy with him at dens but only if he gets a haircut and a shave,no tramps at dens thank you very much.

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

Just read a rumour Stevie May is off to Killie to help them get relegated.

Scotsman running an article saying you lot are currently favourites, Killie are beginning talks with the players, County/St Mirren want loan deals, and we're "monitoring the situation"

I don't know if the intention of these tweets are to piss me off at this point, but it's working.

Totally. As it pans up off the grass I was hoping for a site of a pair of chunky looking Charlie Adam type calfs. Cuntos. I’m thinking about switching off the notifications tbh.

Anybody else watched the full WGS interview on DEE TV? Pretty good actually. In a nutshell - he will be available to anyone at the club who has a problem and wants to tap in to his experience but he will never be in the dressing room and won’t attend all the first team games. James has to be his own man and won’t interfere.
- he has spent 2 years traveling to all points of the world meeting experts in youth development. Clubs all have problems, there is no perfect blueprint.
- the family is equally as important as the young player. The club needs to support the family and the family the player.
- the only thing unique to great players is incredibly hard work. That’s why the youngsters need support - there are no shortcuts.
- he doesn’t believe in winners, he believes in competitors. You can’t always win but you can always compete to your very best.
- he believes in and supports school and boys club football. He thinks it’s extremely important for youngsters to play proper competitive matches in order to learn their craft.
- he doesn’t believe in ‘systems’. Systems evolve and change to fit the players that are available to you. He doesn’t see the value of curtailing a players natural expression in order to fit in to a system.
- he sees his role as not only developing young players but also their coaches.
- coaching has to be fun.
- his main reasons for taking the job were the blank canvas and the free reign he’s to be given however the most important thing was the location of the club allows him to stay close and in contact with his family, particularly to have a family home with his wife.

He came over extremely well I’d say.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Totally. As it pans up off the grass I was hoping for a site of a pair of chunky looking Charlie Adam type calfs. Cuntos. I’m thinking about switching off the notifications tbh.

Charlie Adam apparently signing with someone over the next week. Blackpool the favourites as he still lives there.