All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I would say he did exactly that by letting him go, a player by rights we should NEVER have signed in the first place IMO only Dundee would offer a 38 year old a 2 year deal even if they look after themselves like Miller does

He was turning good at the end of last year scoring in 5 consecutive games. This including Rangers at home, Hibs away and a hatrick versus Hamilton at home in our best result of the season.

We signed him to score goals and playing every week he started to do so. McIntyre then had him playing 20 minute cameos, preferring Curran upfront who didnt score all season.

Miller has also already scored in the Betfred cup for Partick. 

Not one of McCann's most baffling signing by at long shot. More than capable of playing this season in the championship aswell.

Bad decision to let him go.

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

33 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

He was turning good at the end of last year scoring in 5 consecutive games. This including Rangers at home, Hibs away and a hatrick versus Hamilton at home in our best result of the season.

We signed him to score goals and playing every week he started to do so. McIntyre then had him playing 20 minute cameos, preferring Curran upfront who didnt score all season.

Miller has also already scored in the Betfred cup for Partick. 

Not one of McCann's most baffling signing by at long shot. More than capable of playing this season in the championship aswell.

Bad decision to let him go.

Thank you. 

You're right, but at the end of the day if he didn't want to be here, then what can you do?

Has anyone on here been to the future and can they tell me if this getting-the-hopes-up-one-game-only-to-have-the-mis-placed confidence-dashed-the-next-game thing lasts forever or what?

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Agree with the above as highlighted, probably the same reason it would appear we're not attempting to sign Charlie Adam. He also has an opinion on most things football, mostly through his media work.

However, as a fledgling gaffer, I'd be attempting to harness that knowledge and experience to my and the clubs' considerable advantage.

For the record, Charlie has now appeared as a trialist for Blackburn Rovers on three occasions, scored three goals! The club apparently, according to the local press are not be offering terms and he's now being linked with Blackpool again.

Our team is screaming out for his talent in central midfield, imo.

Best regards

I don't understand him, always on about how he'd love to pull on the jersey, well Charlie, you're 32, it's now or never mate.

Thank you.

Wonder if we are after any of the reported 10 that are going to be leaving Rangers. I know we were linked with Dorrans earlier in the window after he spoke highly of McPake, but can't see that.

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I don't understand him, always on about how he'd love to pull on the jersey, well Charlie, you're 32, it's now or never mate.

Thank you.

Charles is now 33 years old, turns 34 in December according to Wiki.

Needs to get his arse in gear if he wants Caniggia's squad number, lol.

Best regards 

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wonder if we are after any of the reported 10 that are going to be leaving Rangers. I know we were linked with Dorrans earlier in the window after he spoke highly of McPake, but can't see that.

Dorrans is being linked with Hearts by their fans on their forum, but nothing more than that in it.

1 minute ago, Deelicious said:

So you stalk the Hearts page too then😲

I do the "confirmed transfers" thing up on the top flight forum and was trying to find out what the crack was with them and Steven Naismith. 

3 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

I've been told Stevie May, Jason Cummings and one more to be confirmed tomorrow, very reliable source 

I'm going to haunt you forever if this turns out to be shite.

Just now, The Algebraist said:

Presume by this you mean source of erections....

Sounds a bit much to be true tbh.

That's what I thought but mcpake seemingly had a meeting with JN yesterday and he wants them in before Saturday. Could well be shite but I'm only passing on what I've been told

5 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

I've been told Stevie May, Jason Cummings and one more to be confirmed tomorrow, very reliable source 

And I've been told Berbatov will be driving them all, carrying £100 million in tow for the club to spend freely. Reliable source.

(For the record if this is true then I am sorry but I am not falling for this again.)

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

That's what I thought but mcpake seemingly had a meeting with JN yesterday and he wants them in before Saturday. Could well be shite but I'm only passing on what I've been told

Charlie Adam the third one?