All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Lulling the rest of Scotland into a false sense of security with that result, chaps. 

Dunfermline absolutely shooting their bolt and will probably end up relegated IMO. 

Yep, if we score 6 in a game like Dunfermline did I think EVERYONE in Scottish football will be amazed! ☹️

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

Dunfermline absolutely shooting their bolt and will probably end up relegated IMO. 

Last year they beat us and hammered Brechin (I think) 7-0, then had a mediocre season. Hope this is a pattern that repeats.

5 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

0-0 against a team who’ve never played an SPFL game before, you moron.

while it was indeed a pish result...just to throw a wee stat into this discussion...cove did not lose at home the whole of last season in the league and infact the last team to beat them at home was hearts 2-1....anyway we know our squad is a few players light...and the pish you follow is probably the strongest its gonna be this season.

9 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

0-0 against a team who’ve never played an SPFL game before, you moron.

With as barebones a squad as possible, while you watched your finalised team struggle to dispatch the mighty Stenhousemuir. Forgive me if I'm not particularly worried.

Having had time to think about it, it's nothing more than we already knew.

We currently have 2 plans either Nelson and Curran up top together or McGowan just off Nelson. If Nelson isn't on it (And he wont be every single game) then we have nothing up front. We lack some creativity without Ness so I hope his substitution it was just a precaution. Need Todd to be influencing things more.

We need 2 strikers, another CM and an option for the wing. I'd desperately like a keeper too but back to back clean sheets will mean it's not a priority.

Just back home! Fucking driech night that has been. We were far from appalling, the result was more to do with how good Cove are. I’m guessing they will get promoted again this season. They’re miles better than Brechin that’s for sure. Plusses for evening were another clean sheet, the centre halves are a lot better than we had last year, and I also thought Byrne had a pretty decent game. The big minus was the injury to Ness. He was clearly in pain and limping down the tunnel. Nothing broken I’d say and hope fully more precautionary than anything more serious because he looks like our most vital player. It was at the far end but Curran blasted one over when it looked easier to score and Nelson had 3 when he looked clean through and through a mixture of taking the wrong option and a very pacy defender they came to nought. Young Mulligan had a very impressive 1/2 hour, like Jessie Curran but with with more ability. He can play a regular contributor this season easily although he did manage to miss the goal completely with a header, totally unmarked, from 4 yards when it looked easier to score. I haven’t been impressed with McDaid at all so far - neither had the 8 year old standing next to me who at one corner shouted straight in Declan’s ear - just try to put in a decent ball this time. Lol.
IMG_4658.jpg