All things Dundee FC

Let’s objectively take out one saints posters absolute heads gone and moronic ranting at everything.

If May does sign for Dundee I think he’d do well. He’s not the same player he was, no doubt about that, but he’s still a threat. In my mind he’d probably get between 12-15 in all competitions. Which isn’t too bad, of you combined him with Nelson and punter Curran to the bench. He’s a decent physical presence but won’t win anything in the air, but he’s committed to say the least. Would be interesting to see how Dundee fans take to him and likewise, but he’d be an astute signing and would be a signal of intent.

Is he worth the supposed outlay that you’d need to part with, possibly not. Could he surpass all expectations and hit 20+ goals in a season, he’s done it before so he’s capable. Time will tell with injuries, but getting a fresh start wherever he goes and away from McInnes will surely be a blessing.

If he does sign for Dundee you’ve got yourself a good player with the potential to be a excellent one if managed correctly. Furthermore if he helps keep those Hi-Vis, structurally unaware fannies across the road down, even better!

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

RandomGuy. is becoming PotentialSerialKillerGuy.. 

Serial Killers target multiple victims.

Steve Broons the only one on the list.

If he signs then great but if not it wouldn't bother me as long as we are looking at other options. His recent scoring record while playing for the 3rd best team in the country is poor.
Much rather Kane Hemmings was signed [emoji173]

Boredom Guy is going to explode no matter who May signs for, terrible state to get into, Saints fans best keep a watch on him.

In other news Kyle Letheren just signed for Salford. £££££££!

16 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Didn't really care about May joining but it is absolutely hilarious watching the farmer's thread all having a head's gone at the possibility of him coming.

Totally worth it. 

It's a couple of years worth of frustration coming to a head. 

Since May left we've been promised a striker to replace him every Summer. Every Summer we get an exciting potential signing. Every time the manager talks up the signing. Every time its then followed by absolute silence, before it finally breaks, outwith the club, that we're pulling out the deal due to finances. The manager, who had built the excitement, never mentions it ever again.

Every. Single. Summer.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Since May left we've been promised a striker to replace him every Summer. Every Summer we get an exciting potential signing. Every time the manager talks up the signing. Every time its then followed by absolute silence, before it finally breaks, outwith the club, that we're pulling out the deal due to finances. The manager, who had built the excitement, never mentions it ever again.

Every. Single. Summer.

As I said. Hilarious.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Every. Single. Summer.

That sounds like us replacing Stewart. Hemmings and Harkins to be fair. At least you never got Moussa and Curran. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Every. Single. Summer.

I'm starting to warm to the obese informant. 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, it literally does. Having an American owner paying it off every Summer doesn't change that fact.

Exact same as Ross County, who haemorrhage money but have someone willing to write it off.

It's basically right. This is the route Dundee fans voted to go down in 2013, handing over control and eventually ownership to the American consortium. There was considerable hostility at the time to the idea of being self-supporting and having to break even. I was sceptical about this way ahead at the time, but the overwhelming majority of supporters backed it so that's where we are. I'm not complaining. I lost and happily accepted that. I was happy just to get on with life. I can't be arsed with the politics of football club ownership and I would face serious marital consequences if I ever got involved with that sort of thing. I was warned off back in the days of DFCSS ownership (and I'm grateful for my wife's trenchant wisdsom - "it's for suckers - there will be endless grief and no gratitude from anyone").

The new owners promised not to pile debt into the club so it was always obvious that they would have to buy shares to cover losses unless they were going to gift money to the club.

Football fans don't understand football club accounts. I tried to explain them back in 2015 when the Courier got into a hapless mess interpreting the Dundee accounts. The tldr version is this sentence. " Unfortunately conventional financial accounts are totally useless to the average football supporter. "

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So if May does come in I presume it be May and Nelson with Curran on the bench ? That would do.

Does it say how much we are forking out for May?

If it is to be a permanent deal, I'd imagine the transfer fee + wages will amount to a fair wedge. Pretty sure he has a couple of years left on his contract with the sheep.

4 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

His contract runs till the summer of 2021.

Aberdeen might just rip his contract up. If he doesnt want to be there they would rather get him off the wage bill instead of paying him every week and him not being in matchday squads 

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Love this

Screenshot_20190716-141730_Chrome.jpg

I think one of those posts was made by a well kent figure on this very forum, possibly even in this very thread.

Edited by Kyle