All things Dundee FC

Dundee will face much tougher sides than Raith in the Championship but there's a lot to be optimistic about from this match.

Dundee finally look like they have a midfield that can impose their will on games. When off the ball they pressed and harried Raith until they gave up possession and on the ball their clever passing and movement meant Raith couldn't get near them. Ness and Bryne look like great signings.

If Meekings stays fit, he'll be one of the best defenders in the Championship. Strong in the air and comfortable on the ball.

Andy Nelson looks like a natural goal scorer, gets in to great positions and took his chance well, he'll be a massive problem for most Championship defences.

And now for the negatives...

I have doubts about Nelson's fitness, he stretched to control the ball near the end of the match and was holding his hamstring after that. We need another striker as we can't be too reliant on Nelson and though I was thrilled to see Curran finally get his goal as he works his arse off, he is not a reliable goal scorer.

Jack Hamilton didn't have much to do but there were two occasions where he really messed up. Stood glued to this line while Dundee were desperately trying to head the ball away from the 6 yard line and completely misjudged a long ball from Raith and got caught in no man's land and had to be rescued by the Dundee defence (again). McPake needs to help him find his confidence again, or get a new keeper in, as it stands Hamilton is a liability.

19 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nice to see you down here Tam, yes this is the banter level down here. Add in the fact that Boredomguy has never left, it is eye bleeding stuff.

I genuinely don't think I've posted in this thread in about a month.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, EpicMike said:

Dundee will face much tougher sides than Raith in the Championship but there's a lot to be optimistic about from this match.

Dundee finally look like they have a midfield that can impose their will on games. When off the ball they pressed and harried Raith until they gave up possession and on the ball their clever passing and movement meant Raith couldn't get near them. Ness and Bryne look like great signings.

If Meekings stays fit, he'll be one of the best defenders in the Championship. Strong in the air and comfortable on the ball.

Andy Nelson looks like a natural goal scorer, gets in to great positions and took his chance well, he'll be a massive problem for most Championship defences.

And now for the negatives...

I have doubts about Nelson's fitness, he stretched to control the ball near the end of the match and was holding his hamstring after that. We need another striker as we can't be too reliant on Nelson and though I was thrilled to see Curran finally get his goal as he works his arse off, he is not a reliable goal scorer.

Jack Hamilton didn't have much to do but there were two occasions where he really messed up. Stood glued to this line while Dundee were desperately trying to head the ball away from the 6 yard line and completely misjudged a long ball from Raith and got caught in no man's land and had to be rescued by the Dundee defence (again). McPake needs to help him find his confidence again, or get a new keeper in, as it stands Hamilton is a liability.

Think a bit harsh with the ball and in no mans land, think the unnatural bounce on the shitty plastic pitch had an effect, but aye he doesn't fill me with the greatest of confidence hopefully a few clean sheets get his confidence up and playing better.

P.S. f**k plastic pitches

Thought Todd was excellent, hopefully with a couple of more games Ness and Byrne will recognise the type of runs he was making and will get the ball forward to him. Wasn't too impressed with Marshall, could well be better on a proper pitch though. McDaid slightly better, again, be good to see on a proper pitch. Would say the signing priority is striker, goalie, striker 

13 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

read the match report in todays sunday mail...well when I say match report it was more of a raiths manager having a meltdown report....he didn't take too kindly to nelsons 1st goal yesterday 🤣

He should have been more embarrassed about leaving that French defender out there for the full 90 minutes with Nelson taking the piss. I haven't seen bullying like that since primary school.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Looking forward to the mewlings from @RandomGuy. if the rumours going about are correct.

Mays been "heavily linked" by "ITK" folk on Twitter/forums claiming theyre "set to sign him", with St Johnstone, St Mirren and United within the last month, I suppose it'll be your turn now.

Robert Thomson, who has connections at Saints, seemed to suggest yesterday that Aberdeen hadn't decided if they're even set on getting rid of him this window yet.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mays been "heavily linked" by "ITK" folk on Twitter/forums claiming theyre "set to sign him", with St Johnstone, St Mirren and United within the last month, I suppose it'll be your turn now.

Robert Thomson, who has connections at Saints, seemed to suggest yesterday that Aberdeen hadn't decided if they're even set on getting rid of him this window yet.

McPake confirmed yesterday that Dave Mackay has been speaking to Derek McInnes on the club's behalf yesterday. Not that that means anything, just thought you'd like to know.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen do want to get him off the wage bill this season, so if he does get loaned out, the club taking him on will have to pay his wages. From a pretty reliable source.

Edited by johnnydun

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake confirmed yesterday that Dave Mackay has been speaking to Derek McInnes on the club's behalf yesterday. Not that that means anything, just thought you'd like to know.

So I assume it's still too early to look out our old Claudio Caniggia wigs and have them professionally tied back in a neat pig tail?

Best regardsmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.d5833e979dcbc1fbc4530d3f099ba287.jpg 

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did he not say that last week? It doesn't really suggest hes signing for you though, as us and I'm sure St Mirren have also confirmed we've been talking to Aberdeen, we actually confirmed our chairman has been negotiating a deal. I think its pretty clear theres at least four clubs after him, and all will have links to Aberdeen or McInnes, and us to May aswell, at the end of the day...

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Aberdeen do want to get him off the wage bill this season, so if he does get loaned out, the club taking him on will have to pay his wages. From a pretty reliable source.

... this is what it'll come down to. I can't see any club involved paying all his wages though, its not feasible, and probably not worth it, so the best financial offer for Aberdeen will probably be where he ends up, no idea whether, as an example, £100k and him off the wage bill completely is seen as better as a loan deal covering 75% of his wages. Someone on our forum claimed we were close to a deal on Friday (I've now seen Saints fans claiming all different time frames, tbh, so its almost certainly bollocks), and that we'd offered some form of deal on £2k a week, while United had made some form of offer of £3k a week.

Of the five clubs interested (Saints, St Mirren, County, United, Dundee), the only club we could outspend is St Mirren. 

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did he not say that last week? It doesn't really suggest hes signing for you though, as us and I'm sure St Mirren have also confirmed we've been talking to Aberdeen, we actually confirmed our chairman has been negotiating a deal. I think its pretty clear theres at least four clubs after him, and all will have links to Aberdeen or McInnes, and us to May aswell, at the end of the day...

... this is what it'll come down to. I can't see any club involved paying all his wages though, its not feasible, and probably not worth it, so the best financial offer for Aberdeen will probably be where he ends up, no idea whether, as an example, £100k and him off the wage bill completely is seen as better as a loan deal covering 75% of his wages. Someone on our forum claimed we were close to a deal on Friday (I've now seen Saints fans claiming all different time frames, tbh, so its almost certainly bollocks), and that we'd offered some form of deal on £2k a week, while United had made some form of offer of £3k a week.

Of the five clubs interested (Saints, St Mirren, County, United, Dundee), the only club we could outspend is St Mirren. 

If anyone can get past a few lines of this without wanting to jump out their window head first then you're a better man than me.

Holy f**k you're the most boring little specimen I've encountered.

Thank you.

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

If anyone can get past a few lines of this without wanting to jump out their window head first then you're a better man than me.

Holy f**k you're the most boring little specimen I've encountered.

Thank you.

Yes, you've told me this 100 times.

We get the point.