All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

How many chances do you think both players had created for them though?

Curran's scoring record is pretty much identical before last season.

Clearly Haber had more chances, but you know that, hence why you asked. 

If last season was average for Curran, he quite clearly isn’t good enough. Agreed?

If last season was average for Curran, he quite clearly isn’t good enough. Agreed?
He's good enough to be a decent target man and provide a lot to the team in that sense. Definitely need more options though.

How did the young lads get on yesterday( albeit the game was already over) where they just going through the motions or was there some tidy play?

Looked tidy once again. Lyall Cameron was played through but unfortunately it was a case of older defender shoving 17 year old boy off the ball with ease. All of the young guys that have played in pre-season are pretty fast and their movement suggests that they are capable of playing with their back to goal and also know when to pick a pass.

8 minutes ago, harry94 said:
18 minutes ago, srw said:

He's good enough to be a decent target man and provide a lot to the team in that sense. Definitely need more options though.

See, this is where I’m not sure. I have a Highland blindspot, for whatever reason, I just don’t pay attention to them, or their players. I know about Killie, Well etc, but not the two Highlanders. Is Curran a target man?

Last season under McIntyre, he spent all his time chasing players down outside the box, he never looked like a typical target man to me. McIntyre has worked with him before, you’d assume he knew exactly how to utilise him, but he never did. 

He seemed to play as a second striker, and he clearly isn’t that.

If we go into the season with Curran as our fourth attacking option, I’d be happy, if he remains as second, then we are in serious trouble. 

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

His job is a striker, mainly his job to put the ball in the net.
This season he may well do alright but he was so out his depth in the top flight. He may work hard and run about but in the top flight you cant just do that and that is it.
Many shots on target last season do you reckon he had ?
His seethe I had on him from last season was same as rest of them , which was clearly none of them are good enough in the top league. Only two players I would of kept at the time was Ralph and Nelson and one went away for nothing.
However it is in the past , we have found our level and these players need to show they are good enough to get back in the top league.
We have 3 ( sure its 3 weeks or may be only 2) until the league starts to make sure come the friday night we will come away with 3 points against Dunfermline, that simple

The game’s up the poley if a non scoring centre forward is the lesser of our problems. Jesus wept!

Just now, tree house tam said:

First post, hopefully last down here if this jock c**t is the standard of banter. f**k being in the diddy leagues. Enjoy c***s.

Nice to see you down here Tam, yes this is the banter level down here. Add in the fact that Boredomguy has never left, it is eye bleeding stuff.