All things Dundee FC

Nelson was talking Curran up to high heaven in his post match interview. Said he was one of the most honest people in football and he said he plays exactly like he is off the field - not the best comment considering Dundee fan's opinion of Curran, but understand the sentiment.

Even Curran's celebration today was fantastic, it was almost like, 'Yeah, finally, I know' and he held his hands up and his celebration was literally just clapping the fans. I feel we may have jumped the gun with him tbh. Is he gonna score 15 goals? Is he f**k. Is he gonna be the best player we've ever seen? No. Can he be brilliant foil for Nelson? Maybe. I bet County fans would say he helped Liam Boyle become the striker he was? @CountyFan @bunglebonce

He'll still be a likely boo boy favourite but I like the work rate.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nelson was talking Curran up to high heaven in his post match interview. Said he was one of the most honest people in football and he said he plays exactly like he is off the field - not the best comment considering Dundee fan's opinion of Curran, but understand the sentiment.

Even Curran's celebration today was fantastic, it was almost like, 'Yeah, finally, I know' and he held his hands up and his celebration was literally just clapping the fans. I feel we may have jumped the gun with him tbh. Is he gonna score 15 goals? Is he f**k. Is he gonna be the best player we've ever seen? No. Can he be brilliant foil for Nelson? Maybe. I bet County fans would say he helped Liam Boyle become the striker he was? @CountyFan @bunglebonce

You change your opinions more than a Granny Danger diet plan fail.

Lay the glass of wine down and hit the hay.

Thank you.

It was a thoroughly professional performance with the midfield in particular looking excellent. The game against Inverness will give us a better indicator of where we are in for the league due to how muck Raith were for large spells. 

Hate sounding the cliche claxon but we do need some extra bodies in as there was no one on that bench who's likely going to be able to change a game. I reckon we'll see another 2 come in. 

3 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

It was a thoroughly professional performance with the midfield in particular looking excellent. The game against Inverness will give us a better indicator of where we are in for the league due to how muck Raith were for large spells. 

Hate sounding the cliche claxon but we do need some extra bodies in as there was no one on that bench who's likely going to be able to change a game. I reckon we'll see another 2 come in. 

We definitely still need bodies. Need another 2 strikers (a goalkeeper but that's not gonna happen) and another option for the wings IMO.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We definitely still need bodies. Need another 2 strikers (a goalkeeper but that's not gonna happen) and another option for the wings IMO.

Nobody had a bad game but Mcdaid and Todd didn't have a huge impact against one of the worst defenses we'll play all season. 

Hopefully they'll kick on but we do definitely need another option on the wing. 

Yup that my fear. That team we had today I think will be our strongest starting eleven. Aye we cruised it against Raith but just think like you say bench wise it's short of bodies and that not including when injuries appear as we have many players who have had plenty injuries already.
However gotta be positive, didnt think we did too much wrong the day. Gotta enjoy it and move on to next and sorta feel with next few games in cup is to still change about the squad and get some game time in for other players, especially if we are not going to bring any more in.

3 goals and a clean sheet is good news.

:-)

Thought Raith's penalty shout was a stonewaller, even after the DeeTv highlights but those highlights show it was a great wee tackle by Meekings. 

I’ve not seen any highlights back but inplay it looked a stonewaller like you said. I’ll go watch the Raith tv highlights and see what they make of it.

Yesterday was comfortable but I still feel we lack options out wide. One more direct winger who can play both flanks and another striker and I’ll be happy.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can he be brilliant foil for Nelson? Maybe. I bet County fans would say he helped Liam Boyle become the striker he was? @CountyFan @bunglebonce

I might be in the minority of County fans to think that Boyce made Curran look better more than the other way around, but he was a still good foil for Boyce.

Hopes that Curran has turned a corner after one goal, Jesus guys just settle. One goal after six months of of never looking like scoring isn’t enough to sway my opinion. But he works hard, so that counts for something right. 

As for plaudits from other players, remember the players 100% backing McCann, then backing McIntyre. Or saying Hamilton is a very good keeper etc It’s what they do. When was the last time a player criticised a fellow player or manager?

If Curran starts scoring and/or assisting  regularly, then fine. I’d be surprised if he does though. 

Edited by srw

Hopes that Curran has turned a corner after one goal, Jesus guys just settle. One goal after six months of of never looking like scoring isn’t enough to sway my opinion. But he works hard, so that counts for something right. 
As for plaudits from other players, remember the players 100% backing McCann, then backing McIntyre. Or saying Hamilton is a very good keeper etc It’s what they do. When was the last time a player criticised a fellow player or manager?
If Curran starts scoring and/or assisting  regularly, then fine. I’d be surprised if he does though. 
Just be happy we won. Didnt happen much last season so live in the moment.

1 hour ago, srw said:

In fairness the last season manager and squad was hardly inspiring.

Take Curran out of last season and how many goals does Nelson score?

Who wants a charity bet? I’ll take Craig Curran to score 10+ goals this season. [emoji102]

Anyone care to challenge?

Jesus Moo - I’m probably his biggest backer and I wouldn’t take that bet!

Let’s just be delighted he’s scored at last. Well done Craig, more please. You’re emulating Moussa at this point.