All things Dundee FC

Alessandro Romano, one of the lesser known Italian journeymen pro's we imported around 2000-01.

I recall the home tie against Sartid, it was scoreless and near the end. One of the opposition feigned injury on the touchline and rolled several times back onto the park.

Romano duly grabbed both his legs and attempted to drag him off the park before the ref intervened. Recall thinking, you'll do me my son.

Another one, Stuart Rafferty, absolute machine.

Best regards   

Joe McBride. Lovely winner in the 4-3 game at Dens, loads of skill but never really fulfilled his potential. 
Ah, forgot about him. I had to miss that game die to a cousin's wedding. My old man had said "we never beat them at Send anyway". #seething.

Vague recollection of McBride scoring a glorious bicycle kick against Morton the season after
Alessandro Romano, one of the lesser known Italian journeymen pro's we imported around 2000-01.
I recall the home tie against Sartid, it was scoreless and near the end. One of the opposition feigned injury on the touchline and rolled several times back onto the park.
Romano duly grabbed both his legs and attempted to drag him off the park before the ref intervened. Recall thinking, you'll do me my son.
Another one, Stuart Rafferty, absolute machine.
Best regards   
I thought he was the poorest of the Bonettis' first batch of big name imports tbh. I genuinely can't remember him doing anything noteworthy. Marocco was a superb full back in the same period.

Graham Harvey.

Always overshadowed by the Coyne/Wright partnership. Probably the best I've ever seen in a Dundee shirt beside Caballero at using his body to shield and hold up the ball. Wasn't a big lump though, he could play a bit too. I think he'd have scored far more goals if he wasn't the third option in a two man forward line.

Graham Harvey.
Always overshadowed by the Coyne/Wright partnership. Probably the best I've ever seen in a Dundee shirt beside Caballero at using his body to shield and hold up the ball. Wasn't a big lump though, he could play a bit too. I think he'd have scored far more goals if he wasn't the third option in a two man forward line.
IIRC he was a fairly consistent striker before we signed Coyne.

55 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:
Graham Harvey.

IIRC he was a fairly consistent striker before we signed Coyne.

Harvey was never prolific, too slow, but I think he did play his best football for us during the Coyne/Wright era, when he got his chances.

Harvey was never prolific, too slow, but I think he did play his best football for us during the Coyne/Wright era, when he got his chances.

Harvey had good touch, I liked him too but he was as slow as a week in the gaol.