All things Dundee FC

Why? 
What have you seen of him in the past, say, three seasons that makes you think "He'd be a great signing!"? 

Alongside Dave Mackay he was part of the squad who humiliated Dundee Uniteds golden generation at Hampden on 17/5/14, thus maintaining Dundee United as the small team in the city. He should be welcomed with open arms.

6 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Alongside Dave Mackay he was part of the squad who humiliated Dundee Uniteds golden generation at Hampden on 17/5/14, thus maintaining Dundee United as the small team in the city. He should be welcomed with open arms.

I stipulated three seasons, Gifted. 

34 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'd rather we took a chance on somebody out the blue

Is that not what we've done for basically 5 years now? We're not in the top league anymore, the standard is lower and the opponents less skilled. Stevie May will skoosh this league with any team, provided he is played correctly. I'd be happy if the club took that risk and got him for the season.

I’m not sure how true this is but May supposedly lives in Tealing which is probably why ourselves, Utd and St Johnstone are linked to him.

Random will probably be here any minute to prove otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

Again, based on what exactly? 

His decently consistent ability to play in the first team of one of the best football teams in Scotland. The man may have struggled in the goals department, but being constantly shifted from one position to another certainly doesn't add to that. He clearly still has the talent to be effective at times at the highest level of Scottish football. If he, despite his scoring woes, comes down to our level, he will bring that skill with him, that while at this point probably isn't enough for the likes of Aberdeen, would be more than enough for the Championship level. And if played as an out-and-out striker rather than being shifted positions, with his skill level and the level of talent he'll be up against, I have to believe he'd be a lethal threat in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

I’m not sure how true this is but May supposedly lives in Tealing which is probably why ourselves, Utd and St Johnstone are linked to him.

Random will probably be here any minute to prove otherwise.

Heard that the other day too when someone spotted him in Morrisons beside the Forfar Rd and put 2 and 2 together, only to be shot down when it was pointed out that he lives in Tealing and it's one of the closest supermarkets to him 😂 

It isn't "May have struggled for goals" he's scored less than 1 in 15, in one of the top teams in Scotland. That's an abysmal record for a striker. The whole argument about being shifted positions doesn't stack up either, he's been unable to displace Sam Cosgrove. A £20k target man. 

I fail to see how getting a start at Aberdeen means that if he drops down a division and played as a out right striker means he will suddenly become a goal scoring machine tbh. 

33 minutes ago, Dele said:

It isn't "May have struggled for goals" he's scored less than 1 in 15, in one of the top teams in Scotland. That's an abysmal record for a striker. The whole argument about being shifted positions doesn't stack up either, he's been unable to displace Sam Cosgrove. A £20k target man. 

I fail to see how getting a start at Aberdeen means that if he drops down a division and played as a out right striker means he will suddenly become a goal scoring machine tbh. 

My opinion is just using logic and gut feeling, and I assume we're not gonna agree on this. Out of curiosity, who do you want up front then?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Out of curiosity, who do you want up front then?

I'd walk over broken glass to get Kane Hemmings back in a Dundee shirt. I'd imagine he'd be significantly cheaper than May, too. 

I highly doubt it would happen though. 

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
6 hours ago, ravabelli said:
May isn’t what we need

May surely would score goals in the championship ?

As been said G Man he probably would and be hard working but I personally would like to see a poacher signed 

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

My opinion is just using logic and gut feeling, and I assume we're not gonna agree on this. Out of curiosity, who do you want up front then?

Absolutely no logic in your belief. None. 

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'd walk over broken glass to get Kane Hemmings back in a Dundee shirt. I'd imagine he'd be significantly cheaper than May, too. 

Dele, the quickest green dot I've ever given.

Kane running about looking at the George Fox Stand like a Specsavers advert from Dark Blue Heaven!!!

Nice one.

Best regards

13 minutes ago, Dele said:

Completely agree, would be a preferable option.